Clear All

• The Possible Future of Babylon 5

So JMS Tweted an interesting tease last night:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hint.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	158970

And weekend before last Boxleitner and Christian pointed to photos of themselves along with Mumy, Jurasik and Tallman at a dinner and said they weren't supposed to say anything but that there was a reason for that dinner.

And those of us on JMS' Patreon may have just a smidge more information about things in the wind. And so, I'm prepping this thread Just In Case.

Adding this one just for fun because I'm already seeing the 'no reboots' posts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bonbons.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	158971
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

[QUOTE=Jan;n158969]So JMS Tweted an interesting tease last night:

And those of us on JMS' Patreon may have just a smidge more information about things in the wind. And so, I'm prepping this thread Just In Case.

- - - -

Question to Jan from someone (no guesses) who has never been anywhere near Patreon, generally fears Subscription Services, and always seems to be Late for everything.

I think you mentioned JMS might be re-doing/re-vamping his Patreon, and was wondering if you might (if possible) explain the various levels and "benefits" of each level. Guess if all else fails, can "cheat" like I did for Jason's Kickstarter and load up a Visa/MC gift card, then put enough on it for 1-2 years of Monthly Subscriptions to keep the Patreon PacMan happily nibbling away at the gift card till 2023 or something.

Having no idea what the levels are, am guessing the levels range from Pond Scum, to Slightly Better Than Pond Scum (yes!), to Middle-Average, to Bottomless Wallet, to Uses 100 bills to light their Cigars, etc. I would probably end up somewhere near the bottom, but was curious what the differences might be.

- - - - - - - -

Retroactive Update (a few hours later). My brain wandered by and reminded me that there is a Topic of this site called "JMS now on Patreon", and am guessing that many of my questions might be answered there.
    Last edited by LateArrival; 09-13-2021, 06:46 PM.
    "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

Comment

Originally posted by LateArrival View Post
      - - - -

Question to Jan from someone (no guesses) who has never been anywhere near Patreon, generally fears Subscription Services, and always seems to be Late for everything.

I think you mentioned JMS might be re-doing/re-vamping his Patreon, and was wondering if you might (if possible) explain the various levels and "benefits" of each level. Guess if all else fails, can "cheat" like I did for Jason's Kickstarter and load up a Visa/MC gift card, then put enough on it for 1-2 years of Monthly Subscriptions to keep the Patreon PacMan happily nibbling away at the gift card till 2023 or something.

Having no idea what the levels are, am guessing the levels range from Pond Scum, to Slightly Better Than Pond Scum (yes!), to Middle-Average, to Bottomless Wallet, to Uses 100 bills to light their Cigars, etc. I would probably end up somewhere near the bottom, but was curious what the differences might be.
      You can go an look at the current levels BUT JMS is re-vamping things soon-ish in conjunction with the Dangerous Visions tier going away so you may want to wait for now.

"As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

It's cool there are B5 rumblings. I really hope it's an animated show.
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
          It's cool there are B5 rumblings. I really hope it's an animated show.
          I really hope it is anything. LOL

As a side note, I have purchased a few B5 T-Shirts recently and surprisingly gotten some random positive reactions in my small rural community. One person said they had recently finished their third re-watch on Comet TV. I have enjoyed giving these folks a bit of a tease about these rumblings. The mysterious "dinner" photo, JMS' hints, and so on.
          Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

I really hope it is anything. LOL

As a side note, I have purchased a few B5 T-Shirts recently and surprisingly gotten some random positive reactions in my small rural community. One person said they had recently finished their third re-watch on Comet TV. I have enjoyed giving these folks a bit of a tease about these rumblings. The mysterious "dinner" photo, JMS' hints, and so on.
            Animation just gets around so many issues with an aging cast. That is if JMS will be re-using the old cast in any capacity. Dunno... all wild speculation at this point. But I remain curious and hope we hear when something solid is in place.
            Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Working...
            X