Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for source on Deathwalker, first vorlon shot didn't miss

This is my first forum post -

I watched the show weekly from GROPOS on and discovered and followed jms' compuserve (and later aol) posts shortly after. I have found I can usually locate a post I remember by him from later in the show pretty easily, but I am stumped on a something I am pretty sure he said or implied and never clarified going forward.

The first involves Deathwalker, and the first shot of the vorlon ship - I could swear he suggested or implied that the first shot didn't miss. I want to say there was a post with a few intentionally open questions he posted? at some point early s2 which included 'the first vorlon shot didn't miss' or something to that effect. this list might have included 'a major character isn't who he/she appears to be ' (talia/control, as it turned out).

does anyone recall this? forum posts on THIS forum from 15 years ago also remember the vorlon ship first shot issue

https://forums.jmsnews.com/forum/dis...-shadows/page4 dustin_s on page 4, and grumbler on page 5

and the next page of that as well has folks recalling basically what I remember. not saying what was shot at, but that the first shot didn't miss

throughout the life of the show I remember this being a topic of discussion threads. JMS would post on just about any thread and correct/clarify if he wanted to, and this one was never touched. if the old cserve or aol raw forum archives existed I think threads would be found with this topic as the title.

anyone remember more about this, or know a source post(s) for the first shot mystery? (or does anyone recall his 'list of unexplained things viewers should be aware are still unexplained'

I do remember the post jan posted in the above thread from back then as well, the first shot, as seen on tv, clearly was not directed at the shuttle.
    Last edited by Woofdog2; 02-22-2021, 06:54 PM.

Would Lurker's Guide perhaps have something?
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

FWIW, the script only shows one shot.

Lurker's guide says:

Just to clarify...the Vorlon ship destroyed only Deathwalker's ship, not an EA vessel. And the Vorlon ship waited until Deathwalker's ship was far from B5, just before entering the gate, before coming out to strike. At that range, it couldn't miss, and at that distance, B5 couldn't react fast enough.
      Archive post: http://jmsnews.com/messages/message?id=18676

Sorry, not much help.

"As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
        Would Lurker's Guide perhaps have something?
        not for the deathwalker page.

it might be buried in early messages (chronological order), but I haven't found it yet. very early is spotty even on lurker (aol is almost completely absent). the thing is it is only going to be one post or two maybe? per system by jms on this, even though there were dozens of posts talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          FWIW, the script only shows one shot.

Lurker's guide says:

Archive post: http://jmsnews.com/messages/message?id=18676

Sorry, not much help.

weird, right?

script says 1 shot. jms says shot hit the shuttle.

tv shows first shot very wide to the side, hits nothing visible.

something early on starts perception on the online boards that first shot didn't miss. JMS would explicitly nix speculation sometimes, he would pop up on threads not even directed to him, I don't recall he ever shot this down (and it was taken as a given that he has said first shot didn't miss, and I recall that 'unsolved mystery' post but not even sure JMS posted it.)

does a raw archive of the aol or cserve b5 forums exist? (all posts/threads, not just jms)
          Last edited by Woofdog2; 02-24-2021, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woofdog2 View Post
            does a raw archive of the aol or cserve b5 forums exist? (all posts/threads, not just jms)
            Not that I've ever seen, no. We were given some AOL files of JMS posts that we used in the Asked & Answered books but not any of the other conversations.

"As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
            X