No announcement yet.

Watching Babylon 5 with L, Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Phaze - you know we enjoy these but this one's really pretty cryptic! Can you give some context to some of your notes? Thanks!
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

L edited my notes for clarification, her version uis
      L didn't remember whomever the talker one was of Penn and Teller and only recognised the couple when both were shown. L thought the costume (and the whole scenery right there! - L) was very Victorian London. Asked if the alien talking to Londo was Brakiri, i said he was. She commented about it being some sort of Mexican day of the dead. Happy about seeing Lennier back. L doesn't think the president is the type to enjoy cocktail parties. She noticed Loxley doesn't get it, doesnt find Penn and Teller duo funny. Thinks the brakiri day of the dead decorations look like they outsourced them to a kindergarten somewhere. When L saw G'kar in nightware said He should have a sleeping hat on top of that thing (think she means a nightcap - yes one of those things, not a word I use often! - L). Londo talking to the portrait and then when Adira's hand came in she thought it was a woman, mentioned he had his own portrait there as well.
      Thought Dodger looks a bit like Julia Roberts. Wondered why doesn't Zoe know she's dead and everyone else (of the dead ones) does.
      Life forms, sounds like she's talking about viruses and bacteria (Lochley saying she was in charge of all the lifeforms on B5).
      "Who the hell is that? He's just as annoying" - about Morden, also didn't recognise Morden when he first appeared.
      Curious how G'kar knew it (day of the dead) was happening how he had that info. Garibaldi had a thing for being raised a poor Catholic boy (okay I said something about "poor Garibaldi" when he mentioned being raised as a Catholic boy, but this one is pretty cryptic even to me - L). "She looks like she's in front of the principal" when Lochley is explaining to Sheridan. "They're taking ages to wash the line out of the floor." (They really were scrubbing and scrubbing at the end!)

In the kingdom of the blind
      "That was really bad if she was supposed to interrupt him. Its like he stopped himself instead of her interrupting him" in the convo between delenn, garibaldi and sheridan. (Sheridan was saying "rai-" and then we waited a good second or two for Delenn to continue.)
      "Oh god he's so cocky", Garibaldi that is. Then when they showed the telepahts it was "oh god oh the cultists are back"
      "He looks disgusting now, he wasn't so repulsive before" re Byron. She wondered how the blackmail wasn't breaking any laws. There was a comment regarding the sexist stereotype of the man protecting the woman and oh when i am gone i need you to do this for me, this really irked her.

-- edited a bit by L - hope there's a bit more clues of what's going on now, Jan?w
      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Totally agree that Dodger could be Julia Roberts sister or cousin. LOL

As far as Zoe goes it is just part of how Lochley's lesson is learned. Plus when you think about it, she died of an overdose where as the others might have likely seen death coming.

Yeah those crazy telepaths. I'd love to sit down with Robin Atkin Downes and watch these episodes all these year later to hear what he thinks of Byron. LOL
        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Working...
        X