• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
    Aye Carumba!

I can only assume that that doesn't come from her time on CNN ....

Actually it comes from her time on NYPD Blue. (She was going undercover as a hooker - which, to the show's credit, is the kind of thing they hardly ever did. More's the pity. )

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• moreorless
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
    Aye Carumba!

Perhaps it comes from what alledgidly ended her time on CNN?

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Aye Carumba!

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Originally posted by LessonInMachismo
    This thread title is misleading.
    Yeah, I was expecting pictures. Imagine my disappointment.

Regards,

Joe

Added for those who were similarly disappointed:

Last edited by Joseph DeMartino; 09-16-2006, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    The episode where Talia is exposed
    This thread title is misleading.

Leave a comment:

• moreorless
    replied
    Originally posted by Phil Harmonic
    Ahh that's right, I wondered why that whole TK thread went nowhere with Talia being exposed. So all these loose ends are due to Talia wanting to leave the show? Damn her, hehe.
    I wouldnt say it went nowhere as it was partly incorperated into Lyta's increased powers in season 5.

One thing I never quite got was the idea that Kosh's recording could be used as a weapon to keep her away, I just didnt get the sense that the flashback Garabali had was pointing to that. If that wasnt the case and Andrea Thompson was never going to return then why even mention the data crystal at all?

Leave a comment:

• SLerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Some have theorized that it would be used to reclaim the original personality but if so, he certainly chose odd things to record: "Reflection. Surprise. Terror. For the future."
    Right, because Vorlons never do anything mysterious, cryptic, or just plain odd. I would guess that the Vorlons rebuilding Talia's personality using the data crystal and adding (what would eventually become Lyta's) superhuman telepathic abilities is the most logical plotline.

(Yeah, I know, because JMS never has weird, surprising, or illogical plot twists)

Leave a comment:

• Phil Harmonic
    replied
    Ahh that's right, I wondered why that whole TK thread went nowhere with Talia being exposed. So all these loose ends are due to Talia wanting to leave the show? Damn her, hehe.

Leave a comment:

• Macbeth
    replied
    Don't forget about Jason Ironheart and Tailia's new gift of TK powers etc. I expect that Talia was always going to develop into the "nuclear weapon / doomsday" telepath, created by the Vorlons, that Lyta ultimately became.

Probably there was still going to be the plot about betrayal and the elimination of the original Talia and "creation" by Kosh of new Talia with her enhanced powers and fit the same role Lyta had.

Leave a comment:

• Phil Harmonic
    replied
    I always wondered what the crystal Kosh got was going to be used for.

Leave a comment:

• moreorless
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Maybe we'll find out when the outline is published in Volume 15. I've never decided whether that crystal was meant to be used as a weapon or not. Some have theorized that it would be used to reclaim the original personality but if so, he certainly chose odd things to record: "Reflection. Surprise. Terror. For the future."

Jan
    I'd guess that was partly to keep it fairly criptic so the viewer couldnt guess too much from it and maybe so it could be used as either.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Maybe we'll find out when the outline is published in Volume 15. I've never decided whether that crystal was meant to be used as a weapon or not. Some have theorized that it would be used to reclaim the original personality but if so, he certainly chose odd things to record: "Reflection. Surprise. Terror. For the future."

Jan

Leave a comment:

• moreorless
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    I don't think that "Divided Loyalties" would have even been written if it weren't for Andrea leaving. As stated above, the sleeper personality was one of JMS's 'trap doors' and so was probably an idea kept for just such an occasion as an actor deciding to leave so I don't think Talia would have ever left if AT hadn't asked to be released from her contract.

Jan
    The Kosh memory record seems to point to him wanting to use a similar plot at some point in the series, I spose at better question would be at what point would that plot have been used?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by moreorless
    To go OT a little was in ever revealed when exactly Talia was planned to return if Andrea Thompson had not left the show?
    I don't think that "Divided Loyalties" would have even been written if it weren't for Andrea leaving. As stated above, the sleeper personality was one of JMS's 'trap doors' and so was probably an idea kept for just such an occasion as an actor deciding to leave so I don't think Talia would have ever left if AT hadn't asked to be released from her contract.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• moreorless
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
    It never make much sense for Talia to be given a second personality. Psi Corps could simply order her to return to Teeptown, say for a training course or pension planning. Once there they have the authority to scan her.
    I'd guess thats why JMS introduced the idea that the second personality was subconiously influencing her actions in order to get her into the position to gather more info(or acting directly by trying to kill Lyta). Also remember that the password being delivered and her original personally erased was only an emergencey method, it could be that they planned to do exactly what you mentioned without activating it.

To go OT a little was in ever revealed when exactly Talia was planned to return if Andrea Thompson had not left the show?
    Last edited by moreorless; 09-13-2006, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X