X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susitcha
    replied
    Yes thank you Shabaz

I was trying to make the point though that being blocked by a latent teep or even a mundane is possible, but it does take training. Susan trained herself as a child to block her mother.

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    replied
    I believe that was the guy send to assassinate Garibaldi and Lise, by the Edgars Industries Board of Directors.

Leave a comment:

• Susitcha
    replied
    Even non telepaths can block a casual scan. I can't remember which episode it was, I think it might have been after Lyta was altered when they had her scan a prisoner for some information. It went something like this...

Lyta "OooH! He is blocking me singing songs doing math, Hey you forgot to carry the one!"

Prisoner "screw you!"

Lyta "That was a mistake, when you got mad you forgot to distract yourself from distracting yourself and I slipped through."

Lyta to Garibaldi "Got it, I fixed so he wont remeber anything."

My point is Lyta was just surprised that Susan offered any ressistance, it takes training to be able to do it, and Susan's blocking was obviously instinctual. She said to Sheriden that she learned to keep her mother out when she wanted to. So no mystery there really!

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
    This happened before Lyta went off to Vorlon space.
    It did? Hmmm... guess my memory is a bit messed up with regards to Lyta timeline related events.

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    This happened before Lyta went off to Vorlon space.

Perhaps it was simply that Ivanova knew what Lyta was doing,and couldn't help herself, whereas Talia walked into the room unprepared for anything other than her normal blocking of background thoughts when Lyta sent the password.

Talia didn't even know that Lyta was on the station, and certainly had no idea that she was in Sheridan's office sending a focussed telepathic password to everyone she saw.

If I know someone is trying to punch me in the face, I am going to get my hands up pretty quickly to defend myself. If I just walk into a room and someone swings ... fat lip city.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    It is possible that the area of the brain may be a standard area used for inter-telepath communication. The P5s may have been trained to have it open permanently. Talia may be able to close it but in a mundane only enviroment would not see the need. Susan is untrained so she blocks everything.

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    replied
    At the time, Lyta was not a P5 any more, I'm pretty sure. It was set after she was adjusted by the Vorlons, right? I'm not entirely sure how Ivanova blocking her or not played out again, to be honest. But while she might have put up a block that Lyta could sense, I doubt Lyta would've had a problem with getting past it. All Lyta would've had to do was push, and I don't think all that much either, to get past a block.
    Last edited by Shabaz; 09-08-2006, 11:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Phil Harmonic
    started a topic The episode where Talia is exposed

The episode where Talia is exposed

Um how the hell could Lyta send the PW to Talia when even Ivaniva was blocking her, she's not even a P1 she said but Talia is a P5, same as Lyta (At the time).
Working...
X