Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 Events programming

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Yeah I've attended most of the events and I might have to forget about it if that is going to be the case. Financially it really isn't an issue because I pay as much for an event as I would for the subscription, but she doesn't have an event every month and I don't want to feel financially obligated to check her Patreon regularly. I'll think about it and we'll see, but I doubt I'll do it.

    Was curious if anyone from here has signed up for the formerly-B5Events Patreon? The entry-level at $5 month (or $51 if billed annually) offers " Early access to updates, tickets, releases [[and]] Monthly BTS Livestreams of Guest Event ". So would be paying $5 (or $4.25-ish) each month for the ability to purchase tickets, but wasn't sure what those tickets might be for. Did check the store/replay section but nothing looks to have been added since Claudia's appearance in August.

    Minor Edit/Update: Was glancing around Patreon and looking at the titles of various locked posts. Looks like she hosted video events with Chase Masterson and Nana Visitor over the summer.

    Another Update: Looks like Nana Visitor was a guest in March 2022. Hard to tell if there is more as can only see descriptions of a few of the public messages.
    Last edited by LateArrival; 05-04-2022, 10:21 PM.
    "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

    Comment


    • I haven't looked because I don't want to be tempted. I would pay the $5, but that is just to give you a taste so you will want more and I don't want to pay more. I might get in on it down the road as we get closer to the CW release, but I'm good spending what I spend every month for JMS' Patreon access.

      I can tell you I was never disappointed with what she tried to do. Some of it didn't always work out great, but you could tell the effort was always there and I know I would not be disappointed if I did invest in her Patreon. And the Claudia Event was the last public event. I don't think she has any intention of giving the general public the ability to access the content she is releasing through Patreon as JMS has done with a few things. We'll see, but obviously her goal is to get as many people paying her subscription fees as possible.🤑
      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

      Comment


      • Just a bit of random trivia on Other Events. There was a "Galaxy Con" virtual event the 1st week of September with BB and CC. One of the Added Features is the ability to purchase related stuff that the Talent could sign, or Send-In Your Stuff. For giggles, sent in my two Frontier Earth Books and just got both of them back signed by BB! Guess it is kind of cheating (or chicken ) to send the books off by themselves rather than go in person, but maybe when the Virus is over and done. But seems to have been successful, and took about six weeks after the event itself for the items to return.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	GConSig.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	159217
        Attached Files
        "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

        Comment


        • Cool! I've often wondered if BB ever regretted having such a long and complex last name when it comes to autographing.
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

          Comment


          • I went to a very, very small event on Saturday just to meet Corin Nemec - Parker Lewis Can't Lose, The Stand, Stargate SG-1 to name a few of his credits. We discussed the great decision to hire him to replace Michael Shanks on SG-1 and the terrible decision to replace him with Michael Shanks when Shanks discovered he wasn't going to have much of a career outside of the SG-1 Universe. (Those are my words.) As usual I was wearing one of my B5 t-shirts and I mentioned how I wouldn't mind seeing him land a role in the reboot as say a Captain or something. He said that he wouldn't mind being cast as a Janitor if that is what they need him for. He gave the strong impression of greatly wanting to be on ANY television show as a series regular again. I get it. You land the right show it could be steady work for quite awhile instead of going from audition to audition. I checked his IMDB and it appears he is working pretty steadily, but appearances can be deceiving in this day and age. Just because it says you have a lot of projects going on IMDB doesn't mean you are seeing revenue from those projects yet.

            BTW in case you are unfamiliar with the SG-1 story, he was hired for Season Six and then fired before his episodes even aired. They didn't even wait to see how the fans responded to his Season Six episodes. I responded very favorably because I felt he brought new life to the series and provided an avenue for them to steer away from the TERRIBLE idea of ascension. But as often happened with SG-1, they did not choose wisely. I love that show, but it could have been SO MUCH more than it was. People will say "What are you talking about Idiot?!?!?!?! It was on for Ten Seasons!!!!!!" Those weren't all great Seasons and they squandered SO MUCH potential for them to be great. Instead they allowed themselves to be tied to the ascension concept and the classic SciFi TV show mantra of "We have to top ourselves every week to remain relevant." instead of just telling good stories.

            Here is how I see it....
            "Rule - Every week we need a new gimmick and a challenge that is bigger than the week before. We have the PERFECT SciFi Universe to play in and instead of telling all the vast arcs we could tell we're going to focus on our gimmick and challenge instead of great stories. Later we will have to start focusing on ascension and a couple of other plots we just decide to re-hash from earlier in the series because Babylon 5 makes it popular to serialize the story for a Science Fiction television show. AND we're going to pass these rules onto our spin-off series. We're going to try to serialize them even more, but only in so much as they fit our gimmick and bigger challenge week to week philosophy because we have an episodic TV upbringing and can't think too far outside that box."

            As you should be aware by now, I love the Stargate Universe. Unlike the Babylon 5 Universe I have a lot of issues with it.

            SIDE RANT OVER.

            Corin Nemec was great.
            Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Looney View Post
              I went to a very, very small event on Saturday just to meet Corin Nemec - Parker Lewis Can't Lose, The Stand, Stargate SG-1 to name a few of his credits. We discussed the great decision to hire him to replace Michael Shanks on SG-1 and the terrible decision to replace him with Michael Shanks when Shanks discovered he wasn't going to have much of a career outside of the SG-1 Universe. (Those are my words.) As usual I was wearing one of my B5 t-shirts and I mentioned how I wouldn't mind seeing him land a role in the reboot as say a Captain or something. He said that he wouldn't mind being cast as a Janitor if that is what they need him for. He gave the strong impression of greatly wanting to be on ANY television show as a series regular again. I get it. You land the right show it could be steady work for quite awhile instead of going from audition to audition. I checked his IMDB and it appears he is working pretty steadily, but appearances can be deceiving in this day and age. Just because it says you have a lot of projects going on IMDB doesn't mean you are seeing revenue from those projects yet.

              BTW in case you are unfamiliar with the SG-1 story, he was hired for Season Six and then fired before his episodes even aired. They didn't even wait to see how the fans responded to his Season Six episodes. I responded very favorably because I felt he brought new life to the series and provided an avenue for them to steer away from the TERRIBLE idea of ascension. But as often happened with SG-1, they did not choose wisely. I love that show, but it could have been SO MUCH more than it was. People will say "What are you talking about Idiot?!?!?!?! It was on for Ten Seasons!!!!!!" Those weren't all great Seasons and they squandered SO MUCH potential for them to be great. Instead they allowed themselves to be tied to the ascension concept and the classic SciFi TV show mantra of "We have to top ourselves every week to remain relevant." instead of just telling good stories.

              Here is how I see it....
              "Rule - Every week we need a new gimmick and a challenge that is bigger than the week before. We have the PERFECT SciFi Universe to play in and instead of telling all the vast arcs we could tell we're going to focus on our gimmick and challenge instead of great stories. Later we will have to start focusing on ascension and a couple of other plots we just decide to re-hash from earlier in the series because Babylon 5 makes it popular to serialize the story for a Science Fiction television show. AND we're going to pass these rules onto our spin-off series. We're going to try to serialize them even more, but only in so much as they fit our gimmick and bigger challenge week to week philosophy because we have an episodic TV upbringing and can't think too far outside that box."

              As you should be aware by now, I love the Stargate Universe. Unlike the Babylon 5 Universe I have a lot of issues with it.

              SIDE RANT OVER.

              Corin Nemec was great.

              On a semi-related note , is there a particular web site you use for learning of these various cons? Am guessing that the Small Cons would be the ones to focus on, or at least the ones that aren't super-major-events with thousands of people wait-listed.

              Thanks for the info on Corin. Season six was the first DVD set of the series I purchased, and never knew he got the axe before the series even aired. Reminds me of a spin-off of a certain series that was cancelled before being aired. Funny you should mention that Rule, one of my friends called it the DragonBall Effect (if you ever watched the DragonBall / Z / Super / Etc) as I think the characters started off fighting conventional Thugs who carried automatic weapons... and at last check the Big Bads could wipe out entire worlds/galaxies/etc. I preferred JMS's handling of the end of the Shadow War - could not win by force of arms, and had to Understand their way out of it. Although didn't the one of the Stargate movies end with a literal Magic Box saving the day?

              ...and on the subject of potential reboots... Just read that Amazon munched MGM and now "owns" Stargate? Wonder if they'd be nice enough to gobble up the CW and hopefully help a certain upcoming pilot make it to series.
              "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by LateArrival View Post


                On a semi-related note , is there a particular web site you use for learning of these various cons? Am guessing that the Small Cons would be the ones to focus on, or at least the ones that aren't super-major-events with thousands of people wait-listed.

                Thanks for the info on Corin. Season six was the first DVD set of the series I purchased, and never knew he got the axe before the series even aired. Reminds me of a spin-off of a certain series that was cancelled before being aired. Funny you should mention that Rule, one of my friends called it the DragonBall Effect (if you ever watched the DragonBall / Z / Super / Etc) as I think the characters started off fighting conventional Thugs who carried automatic weapons... and at last check the Big Bads could wipe out entire worlds/galaxies/etc. I preferred JMS's handling of the end of the Shadow War - could not win by force of arms, and had to Understand their way out of it. Although didn't the one of the Stargate movies end with a literal Magic Box saving the day?

                ...and on the subject of potential reboots... Just read that Amazon munched MGM and now "owns" Stargate? Wonder if they'd be nice enough to gobble up the CW and hopefully help a certain upcoming pilot make it to series.
                There is not a particular website I use. I learned of this most recent small Con from a friend. He found it on Facebook. It looked as if they relied on Facebook exclusively to get the word out about their Con, which might have been their downfall.

                A different source for my information is an autograph hound turned promoter who owns a shop near where I live. We have become friends in recent years and he occasionally tells me about events. I think he holds back a bit because he has his own events and would rather I spend my money with him. LOL (He has tried to tantalize me with talk of bringing Bruce Boxleitner to town, but I HIGHLY doubt it will ever happen.) He travels the country year round. He has an entire level of rooms in his house that is covered in autographed photos and photos of him with different personalities. He has so many that at least one of the rooms is for storage of crate after crate of packaged up autographed memorabilia because he has run out of wall space.

                I am very interested to know what Amazon's plans are for SG-1, Bond, and other MGM properties. I REALLY hope they spend the money to do a proper SG-1 Re-Master and Blu-Ray release. I only want a reboot if they put ME in charge. 🤔

                😁😁😁

                Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                Comment


                • Is there anyone out there paying for Pat Tallman's Patreon? Just curious about thoughts and revelations. I really can't afford to be paying for another subscription, but I'd still like to be teased a little.
                  Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Looney View Post
                    Is there anyone out there paying for Pat Tallman's Patreon? Just curious about thoughts and revelations. I really can't afford to be paying for another subscription, but I'd still like to be teased a little.

                    Just guessing as she didn't appear to "advertise" what is being offered when I checked six-?-ish months ago. But you can try viewing the public section of her page and glean some info from the posts. Could of sworn I saw something that said Gates McFadden was one of her Guests. (Edit: May have been Chase Masterson.) (Another Edit: Possibly Nana Visitor once or twice?)
                    Last edited by LateArrival; 05-04-2022, 10:22 PM.
                    "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Looney View Post
                      Is there anyone out there paying for Pat Tallman's Patreon? Just curious about thoughts and revelations. I really can't afford to be paying for another subscription, but I'd still like to be teased a little.
                      At 88 Patreons, I think it's a solid no. I think she's badly misjudged her audience. I think the half baked spiritual / meditation route was very ill advised. Whilst it all seems super well meaning, it has to be some of the worst guided meditation I've ever seen and I say that as a long time yoga student. I think the low numbers tell you all you need to know. Pat seems lovely, but the whole thing made me roll my eyes hard.
                      Last edited by Ubik; 04-13-2022, 01:54 PM.
                      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

                      Kosh: Good!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Looney View Post
                        I went to a very, very small event on Saturday just to meet Corin Nemec - Parker Lewis Can't Lose, The Stand, Stargate SG-1 to name a few of his credits. We discussed the great decision to hire him to replace Michael Shanks on SG-1 and the terrible decision to replace him with Michael Shanks when Shanks discovered he wasn't going to have much of a career outside of the SG-1 Universe. (Those are my words.) As usual I was wearing one of my B5 t-shirts and I mentioned how I wouldn't mind seeing him land a role in the reboot as say a Captain or something. He said that he wouldn't mind being cast as a Janitor if that is what they need him for. He gave the strong impression of greatly wanting to be on ANY television show as a series regular again. I get it. You land the right show it could be steady work for quite awhile instead of going from audition to audition. I checked his IMDB and it appears he is working pretty steadily, but appearances can be deceiving in this day and age. Just because it says you have a lot of projects going on IMDB doesn't mean you are seeing revenue from those projects yet.

                        BTW in case you are unfamiliar with the SG-1 story, he was hired for Season Six and then fired before his episodes even aired. They didn't even wait to see how the fans responded to his Season Six episodes. I responded very favorably because I felt he brought new life to the series and provided an avenue for them to steer away from the TERRIBLE idea of ascension. But as often happened with SG-1, they did not choose wisely. I love that show, but it could have been SO MUCH more than it was. People will say "What are you talking about Idiot?!?!?!?! It was on for Ten Seasons!!!!!!" Those weren't all great Seasons and they squandered SO MUCH potential for them to be great. Instead they allowed themselves to be tied to the ascension concept and the classic SciFi TV show mantra of "We have to top ourselves every week to remain relevant." instead of just telling good stories.

                        Here is how I see it....
                        "Rule - Every week we need a new gimmick and a challenge that is bigger than the week before. We have the PERFECT SciFi Universe to play in and instead of telling all the vast arcs we could tell we're going to focus on our gimmick and challenge instead of great stories. Later we will have to start focusing on ascension and a couple of other plots we just decide to re-hash from earlier in the series because Babylon 5 makes it popular to serialize the story for a Science Fiction television show. AND we're going to pass these rules onto our spin-off series. We're going to try to serialize them even more, but only in so much as they fit our gimmick and bigger challenge week to week philosophy because we have an episodic TV upbringing and can't think too far outside that box."

                        As you should be aware by now, I love the Stargate Universe. Unlike the Babylon 5 Universe I have a lot of issues with it.

                        SIDE RANT OVER.

                        Corin Nemec was great.

                        On an unrelated stretch--ing of topics, it appears SG1 and SGU (??no idea about SGA??) can be streamed For Free (in April 2022) via Pluto TV. Was scrolling through the various channels, noticed there was a Stargate "channel", and one could go from there to On Demand viewing of all 10 seasons. But unsure how long they'd been there (or will be there).

                        Edit/Update: Looks like SGA, the two movies, and Origins are there as well.
                        Last edited by LateArrival; 04-24-2022, 01:00 PM.
                        "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LateArrival View Post


                          On an unrelated stretch--ing of topics, it appears SG1 and SGU (??no idea about SGA??) can be streamed For Free (in April 2022) via Pluto TV. Was scrolling through the various channels, noticed there was a Stargate "channel", and one could go from there to On Demand viewing of all 10 seasons. But unsure how long they'd been there (or will be there).
                          OH GREAT INFO! I was in the middle of an SG1 re-watch that fell apart when HULU dropped it. THANKS FOR THE UPDATE LateArrival!
                          Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                          Comment


                          • A semi-related FYI as Nana Visitor has been Pat's guest a few times, and she will taking part in a free-ish 60 minute DS9 event via Galaxycon on June 18th.

                            https://galaxycon.com/blogs/events/star-trek-ds9

                            Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Live Stream Cast Q&A - Saturday, June 18th, 2022 at 2pm ET
                            With Casey Biggs, Cirroc Lofton, Jeffrey Combs, Nana Visitor, Nicole de Boer
                            "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X