B5 Events programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    I want to go back and just live in that weekend. There were parts of it that were kind of a disaster for me, but I still want to go back and live in that weekend. When I visit my mom in Houston we sometimes travel down to Galveston to see the Gulf and have some quality Seafood. I see that Moody Gardens Pyramid in the distance and get a LARGE lump in my throat. I wish I had made more friends. I don't know why I didn't try to socialize more. I guess I was nervous or something. 🙄 But I was grateful to spend time with Jan and meet Jan from Denmark. 😄

Sorry I often riminess about that weekend, but it only works when I try to share it places like this. When I start doing it around people I know they just look at me funny because they can't grasp what I mean. 🙄
    Yeah, there were major weather problems trying to get there for a lot of people. My plane kept getting delayed and delayed and we finally boarded when the crew timed out so it was finally cancelled. And when I finally got there, my Big Box 'O Swag for the #FreeBabylon5 table that the CThree Foundation was gracious enough to share with me was missing. Manning the table, I missed most of the panels but still had a really nice time.

Was that the first time we met or was C2E2 the first? memory fades....
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Those who signed up for the Extravanganza should have received the replay link in their email. At least, I did.

Comment

I got my Replay link.

And yes Jan, C2E2 2013 is where we first met in person. Boxleitner and Mira were there promoting LANTERN CITY. Pat Tallman and JMS were there promoting Joe's Comics and the release of TEN GRAND. 😉
        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by nottenst View Post
          Those who signed up for the Extravanganza should have received the replay link in their email. At least, I did.

Yes! Replay Link! Looks to be about 3 1/2 hours. Can't take time to watch it at the moment, but can let it run and listen to it while I zoom (pun) about.
          "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

Comment

HEADS UP THAT EARLY BIRD TICKETS END TOMORROW - APRIL 10TH

I am sooo looking forward to this event. LYTA ALEXANDER INTERVIEWING TALIA WINTERS!!!!!!

HOPEFULLY I won't have to work. It is looking good so far and if they tell me next week I am expect to be at work Saturday I am saying no because I already have tickets to something. 😁😉

Comment

As usual I got my ticket. Now what will we know before this event and what questions will they be able to answer?

Comment

Read the information at the bottom of the most recent e-mail and looks like the format is changing shortly.

"B5Events is becoming Patreon Only - by the end of summer, all events will be in the Patreon group."

The July 31st event may be the last "open event", and in the future one would need a Patreon account/subscription to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by LateArrival View Post
                  Read the information at the bottom of the most recent e-mail and looks like the format is changing shortly.

"B5Events is becoming Patreon Only - by the end of summer, all events will be in the Patreon group."

The July 31st event may be the last "open event", and in the future one would need a Patreon account/subscription to qualify.
                  I only attended one event, and enjoyed it, but this seems like a negative move and will limit accessibility to casual fans. Her existing Patreon isn't exactly doing well. Weird move.
                  Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Yeah I've attended most of the events and I might have to forget about it if that is going to be the case. Financially it really isn't an issue because I pay as much for an event as I would for the subscription, but she doesn't have an event every month and I don't want to feel financially obligated to check her Patreon regularly. I'll think about it and we'll see, but I doubt I'll do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Looney View Post
                      Yeah I've attended most of the events and I might have to forget about it if that is going to be the case. Financially it really isn't an issue because I pay as much for an event as I would for the subscription, but she doesn't have an event every month and I don't want to feel financially obligated to check her Patreon regularly. I'll think about it and we'll see, but I doubt I'll do it.
                      FWIW, whenever JMS posts something on Patreon, I get an email so maybe you wouldn't need to check it regularly, only when she posts something you're interested in?
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• I can understand Ms. Tallman wanting to change her format to decrease effort and maximize profit - it is first and foremost a business - but as a Lurker... oh well. Could see abolishing the Early Bird pricing and having a lower price for Patreon members and a higher one for Walk Ins to encourage signing up, but it is what it is.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, seems there is also a Virtual B5-ish Galaxy Con event on September 4th, but since I've got no idea where to post about it....

https://galaxycon.com/blogs/35/sept-4-babylon5?

Babylon 5 Live Stream
                        Saturday, September 4th, 2021 at 2pm ET
                        Bruce Boxleitner - "Capt. John Sheridan" in Babylon 5
                        Claudia Christian - "Cmdr. Susan Ivanova" in Babylon 5

2PM FREE Live Stream Q&A
                        3PM Video Chats Begin
                        Personalized Autograph Orders Due by September 4th @ 11:59pm ET
                        Send-In Orders Due by August 29th, Deliver by September 3rd (thought it said August 22nd somewhere else - FYI)

..and as mentioned in a foreshadowed/now-deleted post about other virtual cons having better merch, this one appears to offer the opportunity to "send things in to be signed" and purchasing autographed photos/posters/etc..

As of 2:30am ET on July 19th, there are 14 "2 minute video chat sessions" with BB available ($75 each) and a "limited number" of same for CC ($65 each)

Click image for larger version

Name:	GC_BB-CC.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	158699

Comment

• So that was officially the final B5Event. Now the events will just be part of Tallman's Patreon group. Her big announcement was the end of B5Events and the beginning of another platform thing called THE MAGIC VAULT. Basically she has arranged it so people can purchase seminars with celebrities like Claudia. I guess Claudia is a hell of Chef and you can now take courses she is teaching via the internet. It sounded quite interesting, but not something I would sign up for since I can't even manage to to fry an egg correctly.

The event itself was fantastic. They went out on a good note. I'm sad there won't be more, but all the events I went to were wonderful. I'm sure they will continue to be wonderful on Patreon, but without my attendance because I just don't want to pay another monthly subscription fee. I have too many as it is and I'm quite sick of this trend that is clearly never going away.

I myself am hoping to attend a Con in person on September 4th. Fingers are crossed because things are starting to shutdown and get canceled again. Just need a little over a month. BUT thank you LateArrival!!!!!! I now have a backup for that weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Looney View Post

I myself am hoping to attend a Con in person on September 4th. Fingers are crossed because things are starting to shutdown and get canceled again. Just need a little over a month.
                            - - - - -

How did the Sept 4th con go? BB mentioned that at one his recent appearances he was behind a nearly-invisible plastic barrier for photos, and felt like a Bank Teller as he had an opening in a plastic divider (?) through which he could sign things. Deltas and Lambdas and Mus - ugh.

General Question: Professor Jan mentioned the site comiconomicon to get a Heads Up on B5-related cons, and on that subject looks like CC has added a November in-person event in Michigan. I know of another not-as-detailed website called rostercon, but was wondering if there were any other general info sites?

Other (unrelated) info1: Someone posted a response to BB on twitter that a story was released months ago about his being on The Orville, so technically it was Old News.
                            Other (unrelated) info2: If memory serves, at the GalaxyCon event today, BB and CC appeared to allude to some recent photo activity and hinted at something possibly upcoming... kind of an echo of wisp of a rumor.

Comment

• Originally posted by LateArrival View Post
                              Other (unrelated) info2: If memory serves, at the GalaxyCon event today, BB and CC appeared to allude to some recent photo activity and hinted at something possibly upcoming... kind of an echo of wisp of a rumor.
                              The photo they referred to was back at the end of June where there were a number of pictures posted of Jurasik, Mumy, Tallman, Christian and Boxleitner at a dinner together. I was trying to explain that to some of the folks in the chat section who were confused but the event broke off before I could finish typing. This is one of the pictures.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	cast.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	158929

Comment

• MIDWEST MONSTER FEST 2021

The Con was great. I met....

*Clint Howard
                                Linnea Quigley
                                Thom Mathews
                                Mark Torgl
                                Ken Sagoes
                                Nathan Baesel
                                Darcy DeMoss
                                CJ Graham
                                *Lisa Wilcox

If you know horror movies you know those names. There are also a couple of Trek ties on that list. (Look for * )

And if you are into physical media I met Justin Beahm. He is an independent producer who spearheads many physical media releases for companies like Shout Factory and Paramount Presents. Basically he either goes to those companies with an idea for a release and/or he produces a lot of the content that ends up as Special Features for those physical releases like interviews, behind the scenes videos, and audio commentaries.

And Joel Richardson. If you are familiar with Shout Factory Collector's Edition Blu-Rays then you likely own titles that this artist created the artwork.

As I told Jan there was one B5 connection I went for. I know someone who promotes such events all over the country and he said that Clint Howard travels with pre-autographed photos of himself and his late father Rance Howard - who played David Sheridan aka John Sheridan's Father. Alas Mr. Howard did not have those, but it was great to get to meet him and talk to him. Apparently he and Ron have written a book about their early lives and their father. It will be released in October. I will be picking it up. Mr. Howard said they wrote in sections so then they narrate their sections for the audiobook. I will be picking that up as well.

The Con itself was a fairly small venue with minimal attendance. I would say fewer than two thousand people went through the place on Saturday. That meant no lines and more interaction with people, but it also meant more interaction with people and no lines so I was free to spend as much as I wanted and meet as many celebs as I wanted and I spent WAY too much.

And to put things in perspective..... Average amount I spent on a B5 Virtual Event $35
                                Amount I spent on this event, Travel, Hotel, Food, Tickets, Event Items - over $1,000.00. But yeah it was worth it. I now have my TICKS (1993) authentic video store poster that has been framed in my living room for 20 years signed by Clint Howard. And I had a conversation with Clint Howard. And I talked to a producer who then pretty immediately went and may or may not have talked to Clint Howard about getting a movie I mentioned that he did released on Blu-Ray in the near future after Clint told me Ron would never risk releasing it because it would cost too much to release. So yes it was worth the trip.
                                Last edited by Looney; 09-06-2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X