Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW FREE EVENT!!!!!

https://b5events.com/

And I got my souvenir from THE ENCOUNTER event. I LOVE IT!!!!! So glad I splurged. Great way to remember that fun day.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
      NEW FREE EVENT!!!!!

https://b5events.com/

And I got my souvenir from THE ENCOUNTER event. I LOVE IT!!!!! So glad I splurged. Great way to remember that fun day.
      Thanks, Looney - kept meaning to come over and add this and kept getting sidetracked. What souvenir did you get (inquiring minds...)?
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        What souvenir did you get (inquiring minds...)?
        I went for the personalized Limited Edition Signed Encounter Print. It is VERY nice.

Comment

I hear crickets everywhere......

Is this everyone's way of telling me something?

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
            I hear crickets everywhere......

Is this everyone's way of telling me something?
            We're all just speachless with awe that you got that great item, Looney. And jealous. That's it - jealous!!
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

We're all just speachless with awe that you got that great item, Looney. And jealous. That's it - jealous!!
              Oh yeah that's it!!!!! I didn't even realize, but yes you must be right. I do continue to shine..... 😀😆😁ðŸĪĢ😄😆😆😆😏

Comment

I feel terrible about not bringing this to everyone's attention. B5Events just hosted a free event with Pat Tallman and Billy Butler as we watched NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990). It was sooo fun and there was a surprise appearance by Tony Todd, Pat's co-star. Pat is really the star, but most of the film features them both. I'm sorry I didn't mention it here prior to today, but if you are getting the B5 Events emails then I hope you joined in and enjoyed it too. She promised more stuff like this so look into it if you like hanging out, asking Pat questions, and listening to stories about stuff she has worked on with the people she worked with. Butler has been in many horror things like one of the Friday The 13TH Films and one of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre films.

Comment

Okay so there is another event on the 14TH with Tim Russ. This is a PAY-TO-VIEW, so you have to buy tickets which are discounted $10 right now. Since I don't really know his work I won't be participating, but I HIGHLY recommend these events if you are a fan of these people. The ones I have done have greatly exceeded my expectations. And in case you are wondering.....

I have not watched....

85% of DS9
                  99.9% of Voyager
                  95% of Enterprise
                  100% of Discovery
                  100% of Picard
                  100% of Below Decks

BUT they are all on my list when I get to them. LOL

Comment

Here is a video announcement on a YouTube channel I enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd9qdYqgJuc

He really focuses on THE ORVILLE and I love that show.

Comment

Oh wow! Sorry I thought this thread was being updated. Pat as another purchase event this weekend with FARSCAPE's GiGi Edgley. I have met her a few times a various Conventions and she is great. I wish I liked FARSCAPE more. I don't dislike it. I just don't love it. I would watch it if it were on, but like so many SciFi shows I always feel like FARSCAPE ended up having a lot of wasted potential. It could have been so much better than it was. Again, not that it was bad. It is just that it could have been great rather than just good.

Anyway here is the link..... https://b5events.com/

Comment

Was hovering over the B5Events page last night and noticed there appears to be an event scheduled for March 20th. Perhaps it is too soon for details and such, as there is no Early Bird Pricing or VIP listed - just $39.95.

UPCOMING

The Extravaganza – March 20th

Babylon 5 Behind-The-Scenes Extravaganza! Join us for the unfolding saga of Babylon 5 from the crew members themselves! Get your ticket!

...clicking the " Register here! " link leads to a Zoom "Pay/Register" page, which displays the following...
                        Topic: The Extravaganza
                        Time: Mar 20, 2021 10:00 AM in Pacific Time (US and Canada)
                        Registration fee $39.99 USD

UPDATE: Inquired via Email and was told: " $39.99 will be the early bird. There are a lot of folks involved. More details coming soon! "

Signed up ($39.95) and there was an additional link in the confirmation email for an Open House scheduled at 9:00am (PT): " Open House (one hour before the main event) is a separate Zoom room, and moderated. We will hop out of the Open House and over to the webinar link all together! "

...If the Early Bird Special is $39.95, then perhaps VIP pricing might also be added? Am usually Late to the party when these events are announced, so it's weird to be arriving Too Early for details.
                        Last edited by LateArrival; 02-20-2021, 03:25 PM.
                        "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

Comment

DARN IT!!!!! I have been waiting and hoping there would be an announcement of Early Bird pricing that was less than $39.99. I'm sure the program will be worth it. Uggggh I don't want to pay that price. I hope we have some time. Why is it everything always wants my money at the same time?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ah crap I just realized I have a wedding that weekend. And it is out of town. There has to be a way to make it work. Wait I think the actual wedding isn't until Sunday. Why do people have to be so selfish. This is NOT the time to be getting married, especially in a ceremony that requires all of the quests to travel out of state. It is ridiculous.

(How many times have I ever bookended a post with angry faces?!?!?! You know this must be serious.) .................................................. ............. ðŸĪŠ (but yeah I am super mad at my friend.)

Comment

Ah crap I just realized I have a wedding that weekend. And it is out of town. There has to be a way to make it work. Wait I think the actual wedding isn't until Sunday. Why do people have to be so selfish. This is NOT the time to be getting married, especially in a ceremony that requires all of the quests to travel out of state. It is ridiculous.

- - - - - -
                            - - - - - -

As am always Late or last to know, finally got around to reading Jason Davis' awesome Book Update Email from last Friday, and he provided some extra info about the upcoming Extravaganza Event on March 20th.

1) He will be there and moderating - YAY!!!!
                            2) Will assume Pat will of course be there - YAY!!!!
                            3) Looks to be a "Gathering" of (very) notable BTS people from everyone's favorite 90s SF show about a Space Station, so even being a Fly on the Zoom Wall will be more than worth the $39.95. While I know about .00000001% of what there is to know about B5 (give or take .00000001%), and am totally unworthy to Ask Questions, since B5 had a hand in shaping much of what is commonplace today, will be incredibly interesting to hear what the guests have to say.
                            x) Based on previous events, if you CAN'T make it - sign up and you'll have access to the Replay link.

Not sure if there is anything else, as never received an email about the event.
                            ...Probably the Universe paying me back for signing up Early. But sounds like this is shaping up to a Panel Extraordinaire.

"This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

Comment

Jason's Kickstarter update lists the following as participating (the "first 12 guests"):

John C. Flinn III Director of Photography / Director

John Iacovelli, Production Design

Mark Walters, Art Direction

Kurt DeFillips, Assistant props

Dark Hoffman, Prop Master

Kim Holly, Wardrobe supervisor

Cinzia Zanetti, Key make-up artist

Kim Ferry, Hair stylist and make-up artist

Everett Burrell, Series creator make up effects

John C. Flinn IV, assistant camera department

Kevin Cremin, Production Manager / Director

Wally Sweeterman, 1st Assistant Cameraman, now Camera Operator

Comment

So, $40 for Early Bird pricing, I went for it.

When you get the links you get "Have a question for the B5 crew?" in the email with an address to send questions. Also you can email in for VIP ticket information.

Comment

Working...
                                X