• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 Events programming

Details are here:

https://b5events.com/

$10 discount on GA tickets thru May 23.

Is anyone paying for this event? Very sad that not much has been said about it here.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
      Is anyone paying for this event? Very sad that not much has been said about it here.
      Not my area of interest. Though on the same day there's a free makeup related "virtual event" - though it's Trek, not B5. . . Also noticed there's a fair bit of Trek related actor virtual stuff going on as well (been going on for while as well) . . Also seems to be free - as it's a donate or not donate deal for "The Actors Fund" charity.

https://blog.trekcore.com/2020/05/up...3jbZkswg1vmGAs

Comment

Overpriced. Most of my favourite actors / musicians / artist are doing this kind of thing for free at present.
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
          Overpriced. Most of my favourite actors / musicians / artist are doing this kind of thing for free at present.
          Yes I was VERY surprised to see those ticket prices. I can only assume it is for charity or the charity of none of them are working right now so they need the moola.

Comment

Yes I was VERY surprised to see those ticket prices. I can only assume it is for charity or the charity of none of them are working right now so they need the moola.
            No offense, Looney, and this post just triggered the outburst that's been brewing for a while. WHY is it that anybody thinks they have a right to speculate about what anybody does with their money?!!? People were speculating about JMS' Patreon and another group was speculating about somebody with a different show and now this. Pay it or don't pay it but what they're doing with the money raised is nobody's business unless they volunteer the information.

"As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Gives us something to talk about. I think we're all free to say whatever we want! A public figure starts looking at alternate revenue streams, of course people are going to speculate! It's also a time when people are furloughed, or unable to work, and folks have less money to go around, so I get that people would speculate now especially.... but even normally, I can see that these kind of things would cause chatter. And it's all fairly harmless.

This one is not for me, I find it vastly overpriced for what it is. Just my humble opinion! Others may love it and it may bring some relief from the drudgery of being indoors.
              Last edited by Ubik; 05-28-2020, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Definitely anybody can say what they like - it was just a rant.

I went ahead and got the discounted general session mainly because I want to see our own Jason Davis interviewing them. Nice to have somebody who really (!!) knows the show doing the interviews.
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I would only question the amounts JMS is seeking if he didn't offer those lower tier levels to make it more accessible. I think that is very respectable way to introduce people to it and I was SHOCKED what he offered for $250. That is crazy. If it were me you would have to add one or two zeros to that figure.

As far as the fan event goes, my main concern is it looking like bad form. I think it is an absolutely a fantastic idea, but it is definitely true that other celebs are doing similar things for little to no money. I guess I feel like it is bad PR for B5 if people think those prices are too high.

Comment

I guess I feel like it is bad PR for B5 if people think those prices are too high.
                    I don't think it's up to the actors to be responsible for the PR for a show that's been off the air for so long. As for high prices...There are at least four people involved. Now the one and only time I heard of how much an appearance fee for an actor was (many years ago) it was over $10K (plus travel, plus per diem). So if this were a convention, at the discounted price, over 769 people would have to sign up for it in order for it to be worth their while. And that doesn't even allow for anything for Jason! And at least in this case we can be reasonably sure he won't be asking the same old stale questions!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                      over 769 people would have to sign up for it in order for it to be worth their while. And that doesn't even allow for anything for Jason!
                      So they need to raise over 30 grand in ticket sales to make it "Worth their while"!? Interesting way to put it.

"This is not just a fan thing! It's a FRIEND thing. With you." That's part of the promotional blurb for it, and highlights part of the reason why it isn't my area of interest. As a rule me and my friends don't charge each other for a chat.
                      Last edited by Triple F; 05-29-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Meanwhile... on the internet...

https://trekmovie.com/2020/05/28/gui...srOcGEbXemrYc4

Star Trek events with a big chunk of the TNG cast, for $5, or totally free. Of course you can do some paid one to one calls if you really want that, but the basic panels are free.
                        Last edited by Ubik; 05-29-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple F View Post
                          As a rule me and my friends don't charge each other for a chat.
                          I wish it was a rule I could charge my friends for a chat. I often feel they get more entertainment out of talking to me than I do them.

Comment

I wish it was a rule I could charge my friends for a chat. I often feel they get more entertainment out of talking to me than I do them.
                            I could respond to that, but it will cost you 20 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple F View Post
                              So they need to raise over 30 grand in ticket sales to make it "Worth their while"!? Interesting way to put it.
                              Obviously I have no way of knowing what's 'worth their while'. See above for the 'none of our business part' again in case you've forgotten. But the fact remains that the actors make their money from their time and appearance so it's perhaps not unreasonable to draw the comparison to convention appearances and fees.

I'll point out to the ones speculating about the cast's financial status: Remember that most recently Pat's been a *travel agent & guide*. How much do you suppose she's made in that field in the last few months and foreseeable future? All production is shut down, both film and live performances. How do you *think* they're doing financially??

Comment

Working...
                              X