Gorash 7 rendered at 1080 with original models and scene files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorash 7 rendered at 1080 with original models and scene files

Some of the original 3D assets used on Babylon 5 in a 1080 full re-render of the Battle of Gorash 7. Not upscaled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24AJP0693mc

Wow! That's quite something!
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Triple F View Post
      Some of the original 3D assets used on Babylon 5 in a 1080 full re-render of the Battle of Gorash 7. Not upscaled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24AJP0693mc
      Great work Tom 👍👍

Comment

Love the ships a lot. Not sure about the nebula/space colors. They're kind of distracting and almost (to me) look a little over-exposed (not that that's applicable to CGI).

"As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Wow. That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            Love the ships a lot. Not sure about the nebula/space colors. They're kind of distracting and almost (to me) look a little over-exposed (not that that's applicable to CGI).
            Did you see what was on the DVD version - now that was over exposed. While the texture used on the show had to be replaced for this re-render it's actually the same source material but without the added brightness which someone added to it.

Comment

Looks perfect. Now do the rest of the series on spec, sell it to WB for a nominal fee, and get me those Blu-Rays!!!!!!
              Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

It looks very nice indeed. It might be my age talking but I'd say it is so sharp and high contrast that it feels almost more artificial and CGI-ish than the old version.

Comment

Originally posted by Satai with Punsch View Post
                  It looks very nice indeed. It might be my age talking but I'd say it is so sharp and high contrast that it feels almost more artificial and CGI-ish than the old version.
                  No, I'd actually agree with you. Textures and lighting is what "sells" a CG shot - more than the model geometry. It's why in the blurb I mentioned how I'm not convinced showing scenes from 25+ years ago at a resolution they were never designed to be viewed at is a good idea. Most of the advances in CG has been in areas such as lighting and textures, so viewing ground breaking quarter of a century old cgi at this kind of clarity is really going to show the limitations of the early software in that regard. . . . I deliberately kept a light hand on the tweaking (there was some), but If they had more time (a lot more) and if they knew scenes were going to be shown this way then they would have done some thigs differently - I'm certain of that - but even then, when compared to modern stuff there would be noticeable differences.

Comment

I agree with this, but I still like how it looks. I'm always going to like it when someone who knows what they're doing puts some love and attention into doing something cool with anything B5. I'm fine with how most of the show looks as it is, but any attempt to make it look better or even a bit different is going to interest me. I would like a properly framed Blu-Ray release just to have somethings cleaned up and to have the series on a more durable disc based archive. I would also LOVE to see some Blu-Ray cover art. I'm a sucker for cool cover art.
                    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Working...
                    X