No announcement yet.

Watching Babylon 5 with L - season 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes looney she missed you you of course I did, silly man is what she said. Also asked me to point out in rising star the briefing room looked tiny, like somebody's living room. I pointed out it was probably Sheridan's office redressed, small budget, limited sets etc
    "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Originally posted by phazedout View Post
      Yes looney she missed you you of course I did, silly man is what she said.
      Glad to hear. I think we would all be better off if more people missed me and came back here to talk to me. ...... 🤣😆🤣 (It truly is sad how much I am able to entertain myself. Especially through emojis.) 😉

Also asked me to point out in rising star the briefing room looked tiny, like somebody's living room. I pointed out it was probably Sheridan's office redressed, small budget, limited sets etc
      The room where Sheridan was being held? What I liked about it was how they were able to maintain the style of other E.A. rooms and offices we had seen before and after. If my memory serves Ivanova's Office looks really similar in Sleeping in Light, but don't tell L I said that. LOL Of course, that likely wasn't to difficult a task for Set Design to pull off. 😉

Any idea on when you and L will have your next session?
      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

she's been elsewhere in the finnish lands but is returning to our mutual town i believe next week so regular watching may resume then, wiht our traditional last episode current season, first episode next season pairing
        "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
          The room where Sheridan was being held? What I liked about it was how they were able to maintain the style of other E.A. rooms and offices we had seen before and after. If my memory serves Ivanova's Office looks really similar in Sleeping in Light, but don't tell L I said that. LOL Of course, that likely wasn't to difficult a task for Set Design to pull off. 😉
          It would appear i was unclear and L has asked me to clarify. Not the room Sheridan was held in. The rom she referred to as tiny was where Earth President Leshenko held the briefing for the ambassadors and earths press, said it looked over stuffed and like somebody's living room.

Comment

It would appear i was unclear and L has asked me to clarify. Not the room Sheridan was held in. The rom she referred to as tiny was where Earth President Leshenko held the briefing for the ambassadors and earths press, said it looked over stuffed and like somebody's living room.
            Oh okay yes. Well I would say that is because it was a rushed press conference so they used the only room they could get at the time. LOL

Comment

Deconstrucrion of falling stars
              I explained to L where htis episode came from and the reasons for it. She opened by commenting on the sic transit deium modum in the arrivals hall. She didn't like the bible refernces in the writing of things and the first 100 years in the future one. She was amused at the "average student" thing. A Panel of experts is always a bad thing. These had a clear case of jealousy. The senators demanr reminded her of Diana Troy. Thought Delenn was ansoulutely right when she shamed the panel. We know better becuase we are historians than you who lived through it 9sarcasm). She really hated the reporgrammed facisy version of sheridan, made her feel lick. She was amused by the refernces ot flying machine and not space rockets. She also noticed the final scene and was very vorlon like.
              that's it for season 4, we also watched the first ep of season 5, starting a new thread now

Comment

Ha! You almost caught me because you started the Season 5 thread after this, but I remembered L didn't tell me about THE DECONSTRUCTION OF FALLING STARS.

I am really glad L had a lot to say about this one. I enjoy it, but I can't help but wish it was slightly different and could take Season 5 and Crusade into account. NOW I will go to the new Season 5 Thread.

Comment

Working...
                X