Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phazedout View Post
    into the fire
    Here we see the conclusion of the shadow war. Firstly humblest apologies to L. We watched these episodes last friday, october 11th and I'm only getting aroudn to writing this now. So It'll be horribly generic. I do (faintly) recall L commenting on the fact that ASheriden thanked delenn and complimented her on the allinace she had put together. No commetns surprisngly on th e"get the hell out of our Galaxy" quote or the sacrifice and casual deaths of so many off screen characters. She may have been wowed by the cgi spectacle (which holds up surprisingly well on my 110 projectro screen in 1080p, might be the ps3 upscaling it).
    WOW huge episode INTO THE FIRE, not a lot of commentary, but I understand it was well after the fact. I am glad the pretty pictures distracted her. LOL

Epiphanies
    L didn't seem to twig it was Lyta blocking bester in the confernce room though.
    EPIPHANIES, So L is losing interest, Kind of late in the game.

the illusion of truth
    Hated the accent on the reporter, said tri vid guy looks drugged, tortured and nit very voluntary. Most amused by garibaldi and the drazi statue. Suitably mistrustful of dan randall and said it looked like they were gonna cut and paste what they wanted. Many cynical puffs of breath , why is it called Helsinki and not Stockholm syndrome. Thought dr indira looked and talked like a crackpot Geneva not visible on the usn map, centred on north america . They're nit part of earth alliance, how can earth alliance pay the Bills. Many statements of oh God and oh no. Showing 9 of them and he said 20 or 30. How did Dan know they were humans in cryo? Delenn is the one who became more human. Called Dr Indira the professor on xenophobia story has more holes than a swiss cheese. People are lapping it up like they lap up certain red furred animal branded nees today. After the broadcast surprised nothing was broken and said sheridan looked more angry than sad
    Yes I like this episode, but I think AND NOW FOR A WORD 2.15 is better. I do like Dan Randall has a heel though. LOL

Atonement

Just really appreciate the joke / irony / juxtaposition or whatever you wanna call it of first declaring she is Delenn of Peace (Mir, don't think we have been.told that before?) and the next scene we not only see war but her starting it too. That was a clever detail.
    How about Delenn of Peace & War!
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Thirdspace
      Since the viewing guide suggested around episode 8 was the best point to watch this movie, we looked at it today. Went to L's place to watch rather than mine, whihc may relate to her comments abot how it looked fuzzy or snowy, wiht the picture not very sharp, we watch on a playstation 3 which upscales dvds so as a reuly it may look better on my system than on a stanard tv. Overall L was not impressed Especially not happy wiht the whole "sherdian in a jt pack flying in to the artefact" type of thing. Oddly ebough no comments about Ivanova's ringlets though. So admiitted she might be tired but overll, not a great movie. We return you to your regulalry scheduled programming next week.
      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Thirdspace
        Since the viewing guide suggested around episode 8 was the best point to watch this movie, we looked at it today. Went to L's place to watch rather than mine, whihc may relate to her comments abot how it looked fuzzy or snowy, wiht the picture not very sharp, we watch on a playstation 3 which upscales dvds so as a reuly it may look better on my system than on a stanard tv. Overall L was not impressed Especially not happy wiht the whole "sherdian in a jt pack flying in to the artefact" type of thing. Oddly ebough no comments about Ivanova's ringlets though. So admiitted she might be tired but overll, not a great movie. We return you to your regulalry scheduled programming next week.
        I actually like Thirdspace a lot. The two things about it that I don't care for are the a fore mentioned jetpack concept, though I think the scene looks AMAZING, and I wish it seemed a bit more tied to what was happening in the arc at the time. I really love most of the movie though. I will say that like RIVER OF SOULS I wish JMS had chosen more interesting stories to tell. The overall concepts of both movies just seem weak compared to ideas he could have explored, like ideas we all discuss we wish we had seen.

Am I correct in assumption that THIRDSPACE and RIVER OF SOULS likely got made because they were concepts JMS had ready to go versus stories he was dying to put in the B5 Universe? I mean the TNT deal came with TV movies so I kind of figured they were both ideas he had outlined and could finish up quickly versus other more arc related tales?

Comment

This was a good post Joe wrote about why he did Thirdspace at the time:

Originally posted by jms
          Okay, you want an answer to this, I got an answer for you.

Because I felt like it.

Because I've done five years worth of angst and dark storytelling, and I wanted
          to do one story that was just for fun.

Because I'm a huge fan of the type of Cthulhu mythos stories done by H. P.
          Lovecraft and August Derleth and Clark Ashton Smith and Lord Dunsany, and all
          my life I wanted to just cut loose and do something like that.

Because I hadn't done a story like that for B5, and I want to try new things,
          experiment, do a funny story, a spooky story, a high-tech story.

And because a show needs to be shaken up once in a while.

Comment

WOOO HOOO Awesome answer. Just the perfect thing I wanted to hear.

Comment

Memo to self.
              Should more often look after the ol'days JMS posts.

First:
              http://jmsnews.com/messages/archive

Or at the Lurkers Guide
              The overview page:
              http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/reference/episodes.html

There the "Thirdspace"-link to the "jms speaks" section:
              http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/112.html#JS

B5-Stefan

--
              Delenn: "If the universe puts a mystery in front of us as a gift, politeness requires that we at least try and solve it."
              [Babylon5, Atonement]

Comment

Thirdspace
                IMO, "In The Beginning" is the only made for TNT movie that is worth owning/watching. When are you and L going to watch ItB? Between Seasons 4 and 5 as it aired?

Good job on the updates, by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

IMO, "In The Beginning" is the only made for TNT movie that is worth owning/watching. When are you and L going to watch ItB? Between Seasons 4 and 5 as it aired?

Good job on the updates, by the way...
                  I believe your opinion is incorrect. LOL

IN THE BEGINNING is definitely the best of the TNT Movies, but all of them have some merit. RIVER OF SOULS is highly entertaining because it is so over the top. THIRDSPACE is decent and would be better with a few minor alterations. A CALL TO ARMS actually gets a little better each time I watch it. Definitely Ranked

IN THE BEGINNING
                  A CALL TO ARMS
                  THIRDSPACE
                  RIVER OF SOULS

Comment

Strongly agree! River as Souls holds up as a 'so bad it's good' unintentional comedy though. I laughed all the way through that one, at all the things that weren't meant to be funny. It camps it up amazingly.
                    Last edited by Ubik; 11-25-2019, 07:59 AM.
                    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

IMO, "In The Beginning" is the only made for TNT movie that is worth owning/watching.
                      Originally posted by Looney View Post
                      I believe your opinion is incorrect. LOL
                      Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                      Strongly agree!
                      Ubik and I agree, so that means two-third majority and the opinion is correct!

Comment

I believe I am older and wiser . . . VICTORY!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X