Babylon 5 Complete Series SALE on VUDU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon 5 Complete Series SALE on VUDU

Just came across this in my VUDU Wishlist. All 5 Seasons for $49.99. That may not seem like a great deal, but it is usually $69.99 and their digital streaming source is in the original aspect ratio.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle-/851563

I watched a few minutes to confirm the aspect ratio. CAN CONFIRM!!!!! I will say the digital source didn't look that great, but my internet isn't the best. I have waited soooo long for this to go on sale. I believe I actually already purchased Season One for something around $4.99 when it was on sale, but none of the other seasons or the bundle ever seemed to come down in price.

It is just Season 1-5, no movies or spin-offs.
    Last edited by Looney; 08-13-2019, 08:28 AM.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Can I ask what the original aspect ratio was? 4:3? Does it look a lot better than the squished DVDs?

Not a terrible price if these are the droids you are looking for.
    Last edited by Ubik; 08-14-2019, 04:21 AM.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

I don't know much about Vudu... can you then save the files for future playing or is it streaming access only? Cause if i can save the episodes as files after purchasing and then make my own DVD's that would be great!
      Milkman
      www.mhoc.net

Comment

Yes it definitely looks better than the DVDs and yes it's the original PTEN aspect ratio. However the frame rate doesn't quite match. I downloaded the Vudu episodes awhile back. However a few of the episodes are the same as DVD (Sleeping in Light unfortunately is one of them, but it's only four or five of them). And The Gathering is the squished fake widescreen. But with 99% of the episodes in the 4:3 I think it's worth it personally.

Yes you can download the episodes as long as you have the Vudu player. I downloaded them all to my laptop.
        Last edited by JoeD80; 08-14-2019, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post

Yes you can download the episodes as long as you have the Vudu player. I downloaded them all to my laptop.
          What is "the Vudu player"? I have the App on my phone and tablet, but I've found nothing called "the Vudu player". Do you just mean the App?

Comment

I

Comment

I
              Tres mysterious JoeD80.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                Tres mysterious JoeD80.
                Y'know, that's the secret VOODOO (aka-Vudu) effect.

B5-Stefan

--
                Delenn: "If the universe puts a mystery in front of us as a gift, politeness requires that we at least try and solve it."
                [Babylon5, Atonement]

Comment

Oh classic eating my notes. Yes the vudu app on my laptop is what I was referring to. I have not tried on other devices. You can download the episodes and watch offline; do not need to stream them. But they are not mp4 files; they are files that only work through vudu. You do not need to login for the offline watching.

Comment

Oh classic eating my notes. Yes the vudu app on my laptop is what I was referring to. I have not tried on other devices. You can download the episodes and watch offline; do not need to stream them. But they are not mp4 files; they are files that only work through vudu. You do not need to login for the offline watching.
                    Great. Thanks. I SURE wish they were mp4 files, but it is what it is.

I have no idea how the magic of digital streaming works, but how are there Full Frame digital sources and yet a full frame hard copy can't be produced? Anyone? Anyone?

Comment

Well, no one said it can't be produced.
                      My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Comment

Originally posted by sense8ional View Post
                        Well, no one said it can't be produced.
                        I propose we start dubbing the VUDU versions to Betamax for posterity. I will hand illustrate the covers with crudely drawn versions of the cast. I'll even include a holocrystal with each volume that features dot-matrix print outs of particularly unmemorable quotes from the B5 Universe. $70 per volume, collect them all!

Who is game?
                        Last edited by Ubik; 08-21-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post

I propose we start dubbing the VUDU versions to Betamax for posterity. I will hand illustrate the covers with crudely drawn versions of the cast. I'll even include a holocrystal with each volume that features dot-matrix print outs of particularly unmemorable quotes from the B5 Universe. $70 per volume, collect them all!

Who is game?
                          I'll go one better. We get an old VHS camcorder and put it in front of a TV screen while Babylon 5 streams on VUDU. We can get two episodes per tape when we set it to SP mode. Then we just label each tape "BABYLON 5" in Sharpie with no distinction of episode title or season. The mystery will be so intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

I'll go one better. We get an old VHS camcorder and put it in front of a TV screen while Babylon 5 streams on VUDU. We can get two episodes per tape when we set it to SP mode. Then we just label each tape "BABYLON 5" in Sharpie with no distinction of episode title or season. The mystery will be so intriguing.
                            Pot luck episodes, ALL NEW continuity endorsed by William Burroughs.

Comment

HA! Yeah that is the only way to go. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X