Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were going to watch a Babylon 5 review?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were going to watch a Babylon 5 review?

If you were going to watch a review of every episode of Babylon 5 on YouTube what running time would be best? (Think in terms of the running time that would inspire you to come back for every review versus the running time that would keep you from watching even the first episode.)
    1 to 5 minutes?
    0%
    6 to 15 minutes?
    100.00%
    20+ minutes?
    0%
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

I'd go with 6-15 minutes. SF Debris' Babylon 5 Reviews usually run about 15 minutes and that seems to be a good length.

Comment

Most content creators seem to aim for 10 mins or so, I think 15 mins might be optimum to have any kind of in depth discussion.
      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
        Most content creators seem to aim for 10 mins or so, I think 15 mins might be optimum to have any kind of in depth discussion.
        And if it wasn't really an "in depth" discussion but more of a new viewers opinion? I am thinking of KATIE WATCHES BABYLON 5. She did longer videos, but they usually covered multiple episodes. Wouldn't 6-15 mins of one person's opinion on every episode get old quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
          Wouldn't 6-15 mins of one person's opinion on every episode get old quickly?
          It depends. Is the review going to recap the plot of the episode at all? That's part of the reason why SF Debris' Babylon 5 Reviews run about 15 minutes - the reviewer gives a pretty detailed summary of the episode's events. It's necessary to provide context, so he's not just saying, "I loved the scene with Garibaldi."

Comment

Yeah, you need some kind of red thread or mandate in terms of how you approach it. Is it for newcomers / fans, etc. Do you want to honour it? Jokingly take the piss out of it? Point out interesting pieces of lore / production history for harcore fans, etc

Comment

Straight up reaction. It would be a new persons reaction to it with as few spoilers as possible. Or maybe reaction then a section of spoilers and discussion. I guess the point of the exercise was mostly directed at length. I see so many movie and TV show review videos on YouTube by VERY successful Content Creators and I wonder how they do it because as soon as I see the length of some of their videos I instantly lose interest. I just don't see myself sitting there watching them talk for twenty five plus minutes, but somehow they get millions of views.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                I see so many movie and TV show review videos on YouTube by VERY successful Content Creators and I wonder how they do it because as soon as I see the length of some of their videos I instantly lose interest. I just don't see myself sitting there watching them talk for twenty five plus minutes, but somehow they get millions of views.
                I know what you mean. There's one YouTube creator who goes by "Lorerunner" who's Babylon 5 videos are way too long IMO. Some of his videos are almost as long as the episodes themselves. I've never gotten all the way through even one of his videos.

Comment

Another consideration is that you have a voice that's got a nice timbre and is pleasant to listen too. The amount of badly paced, nasal, awful videos I see in 'nerd culture' YouTube content is high, and half the time I have to turn the video off after 5 mins because the commentator is so annoying. This happens a lot with gaming reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                    Another consideration is that you have a voice that's got a nice timbre and is pleasant to listen too. The amount of badly paced, nasal, awful videos I see in 'nerd culture' YouTube content is high, and half the time I have to turn the video off after 5 mins because the commentator is so annoying. This happens a lot with gaming reviews.
                    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I hadn't even considered having to hire talent.

Comment

Working...
                    X