Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5Books YouTube Channel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • B5Books YouTube Channel

    I REALLY wish they would post more things. I greatly enjoyed their latest little offering, but I wish there was more to it. I'm sure there is and we'll get it offered to us down the road as part of an up coming release or has a longer version of this video previously been released somewhere and I missed this 38 seconds? I can't imagine this is it and they just said, "Hey let's film you four doing this for 38seconds." I know it isn't probably the easiest thing to get these four ladies scheduled together to do something, but I would enjoy seeing more on the B5Books channel - with anyone from the B5 Universe.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrQUn9gsapA

    And just a side note, I really hope these ladies are actually friends. I mean we all seem to get along pretty well so I certainly hope the people who made the show are friends.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

  • #2
    That was cool. Thanks for sharing!

    Comment


    • #3
      This was probably the most cringeworthy thing I've seen in ages. it feels so forced and staged it's unreal. Hey, at least Pat got some free advertising out of it for her nerd tours.
      Last edited by Ubik; 06-20-2019, 05:55 AM.
      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

      Kosh: Good!

      Comment


      • #4
        The out of print (meaning we're not selling it on our site anymore but are doing it through Amazon AND Ebay now) encyclopaedia. Yeah, it is a bit cringe worthy. Is Mira Furlan blinking a lot or is that Morse code for I'm being held prisoner. . .
        Last edited by Triple F; 06-20-2019, 11:23 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ubik View Post
          This was probably the most cringeworthy thing I've seen in ages. it feels so forced and staged it's unreal..
          HAHAHAHAHA rain on my parade all you want. (Yes it is cringe-worthy, but I still hope they are friends.)

          Originally posted by Ubik View Post
          Hey, at least Pat got some free advertising out of it for her nerd tours.
          I don't get this?! When did that happen?!

          Originally posted by Triple F View Post
          The out of print (meaning we're not selling it on our site anymore but are doing it through Amazon AND Ebay now) encyclopaedia. Yeah, it is a bit cringe worthy. Is Mira Furlan blinking a lot or is that Morse code for I'm being held prisoner. . .
          Where is your proof? The Amazon Seller is B5Collector and they are just selling 4 B5Books items. Yeah they aren't selling anything else, but that doesn't mean it is B5Books.

          Anyway my point is that even cringe-worthy videos are worth seeing. They just need to come up with better material for these folks when they get them on camera.



          Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Looney View Post

            Where is your proof? The Amazon Seller is B5Collector and they are just selling 4 B5Books items. Yeah they aren't selling anything else, but that doesn't mean it is B5Books.
            You should know better than to ask me that. The person over on ebay selling them (without a number specified) goes under the name StraczynskiGold. . . . Here's a quote from the Ebay listing.

            https://www.ebay.com/itm/Babylon-5-E...r/323837761899

            This set is being sold directly by the publisher, B5 Books. No other sellers can include the free, lifetime access to the online, multimedia edition. That's how you know you are getting the real deal. We've been ebay sellers for 21 years. You can purchase with confidence.
            If them stating that it's being sold by the publisher is not enough . . . . Look at the Ebay history of StraczynskiGold. . . . A few years ago they sold jms's desk for $710. . . . I remember that sale . . . . It was jms himself who sold the desk as part of some moving of offices (or some such) - and Jaclyn Easton turned up to answer someone who had a question about shipping. . . StraczynskiGold is either jms, Jaclyn Easton or someone who works with them. . . Possibly a shared account a few people have access to.

            But going back to the fan made books. . . . . They've stopped selling the "encyclopaedia" (or any books currently) via their website and are currently selling them on Amazon and Ebay - Amazon currently have over 100 copies of the ""encyclopaedia" in stock for example (the number came up while chatting with an Amazon retailer who has access to that sort of info). . . .Which is actually understandable. It's only an assumption - but they've possibly got all they're going to get with the specialised niche marketing thing (with all the exclusive special offers, countdown clocks, limited stock and hurry buy now they're almost all gone do-da), so are now showing it to a wider potential purchasing base - and popular watering holes like Amazon and Ebay are the best places to do that.
            Last edited by Triple F; 06-21-2019, 05:58 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Looney View Post

              HAHAHAHAHA rain on my parade all you want. (Yes it is cringe-worthy, but I still hope they are friends.)
              I don't get this?! When did that happen?!
              Advert / promo videos for her NZ LOTR trip appeared on the B5 Books site shortly after Pat did her promo piece for the rather ill fated bits of plastic with bits of paper in them (i.e. the holocrystals).
              Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

              Kosh: Good!

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh I thought you were delusional and saw something in the video I referenced. And are you telling me you wouldn't want to go on one of those trips with her?! I wouldn't because Pat greatly intimidates me. I feel like all I would be able to say to her is "Yes Mistress." LOL You know whom I would really love to go with would be Mira; if she felt like telling me her life story. I have no evidence, but my gut tells me she seems like the type who may not be interested in talking if the mood isn't right.
                Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Looney View Post
                  Oh I thought you were delusional and saw something in the video I referenced. And are you telling me you wouldn't want to go on one of those trips with her?! I wouldn't because Pat greatly intimidates me. I feel like all I would be able to say to her is "Yes Mistress." LOL You know whom I would really love to go with would be Mira; if she felt like telling me her life story. I have no evidence, but my gut tells me she seems like the type who may not be interested in talking if the mood isn't right.
                  Only very occasionally am I delusional... My 2p, Mira seems super cool and avoids the limelight. I feel like she'd be fascinating to talk to.
                  Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

                  Kosh: Good!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Looney View Post
                    And are you telling me you wouldn't want to go on one of those trips with her?! I wouldn't because Pat greatly intimidates me. I feel like all I would be able to say to her is "Yes Mistress."
                    I suppose, it's because of her vorlon enhanced telepathic grade?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Triple F View Post
                      Is Mira Furlan blinking a lot or is that Morse code for I'm being held prisoner. . .
                      Totally wrong.
                      It was Hoshi on ENT who did Morse for help.
                      (Well, virtual )


                      --
                      "Please ring, if an answer is required"
                      "Please knock, if an answer is not required"
                      [Winnie the Pooh, Chapter 4]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrQUn9gsapA

                        What we really see in this Desperate Housewives clip:
                        - Commander Susan Ivanova rests tough and whatsoever is always ready to show her teeth
                        - Delenn is doing the philosophical part
                        - Lyta gets partliy unvisible (Vorlon tech!)
                        - while Talia unsuccessfully concentrate on her telepathic skills.

                        That's all about!

                        B5-Stefan

                        --
                        "Vorlon poetry compares to Vogon poetry the way that Vogon poetry compares to Vegan poetry."
                        [Straczynski tweet, Nov 17, 2018]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrQUn9gsapA

                          What we really see in this Desperate Housewives clip:
                          - Commander Susan Ivanova rests tough and whatsoever is always ready to show her teeth
                          - Delenn is doing the philosophical part
                          - Lyta gets partliy unvisible (Vorlon tech!)
                          - while Talia unsuccessfully concentrate on her telepathic skills.

                          That's all about!

                          B5-Stefan

                          --
                          "Vorlon poetry compares to Vogon poetry the way that Vogon poetry compares to Vegan poetry."
                          [Straczynski tweet, Nov 17, 2018]


                          HAHAHAHA!!!!! You nailed it!!!!!
                          Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ubik View Post

                            Only very occasionally am I delusional... My 2p, Mira seems super cool and avoids the limelight. I feel like she'd be fascinating to talk to.
                            If you get her to talk, she will (probably) continue longer than most would expect. She has a life story to tell.
                            Jan from Denmark

                            My blog :

                            http://www.babylonlurker.dk

                            "Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yes I almost got a glimpse of that at C2E2 2013. When I got to her table she had no line so I was able to start a conversation with her, but then these "OTHER FANS" started lining up behind me so I had to move on. What JERKS!!!!!

                              And another big regret of Space City Con 2014 is that I didn't get a chance to restart that conversation. In fairness I don't ever recall seeing her that she wasn't surrounded by fans during that dream weekend. I mean if she was ever sitting alone waiting to talk to someone I wasn't in the room.

                              Speaking of Cons, anyone heading to Indiana Comic Con at the end of August? I am considering because Koenig is a featured guest. I haven't seen him in twenty years so I thought I might try. If I decide to go I will likely start a thread so others might see it.
                              Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X