Watching Babylon 5 with L - Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Isn't it awesome that we can actually get answers like this.
    Drooling around.
    Looney, You're right: "Scene 43. Page 43." This is real perfect harmony.

B5-Stefan

--
    Tirk: "Tirk. Drazi. I carry very large things. I... I... Tirk. Drazi."
    [Babylon5, LotR]

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

Isn't it awesome that we can actually get answers like this.
      I live to serve...

"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

I live to serve...

/me takes careful notes
        "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Ship of tears
          Here we have bester again. Numerous comments regarding bester himself, she noticed the telepaths, she very clearly doesn't trust bester, whihc is, I suppose, the whole point. She was amused by two things mostly, firstly, g'kars speech about the infinite coming around upon itself and ending up back where it began. Secondly, again G'kar, regaridng not thumping the book of G'quon, it being disrespectful. She copmmented about the merging of the love of bester's life and medlab, hence the insertion in to the shadow vessle and noticed the sleeper pods as well and commented abotu the whole living ship component thing.

Interludes and examinations
          Much hatred for Morden, jumping to the end of the episode she found it hard to belvie that Refa had killed Adira nd that Londo was willing to accept this. On a private note I wonder if this was one of his opprtunities to turn form the coming darkness. She iniitialy did not recognise poor Ed but I informed her that yes, it was indeed morden. She did appear to enjoy Vir's little bit of snark ("other than dying, no). Also asked if Adira was the dancer that appeared "way back in season 1". Franklin losing it in medlab garnered comment, also that in his final speech to the captian she felt jhe'd already realised a lot of what he was supposedly going off to explore. She also twigged Kosh quite early on when Sheridan's "dad" appeared and, I think figured out that the price for Kosh's help would be the death of somebody.
          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Originally posted by phazedout View Post
            Ship of tears

I don't have anything to say about this update other than I enjoy reading these, so please keep posting! Thanks.

Comment

Ship of tears
              Here we have bester again. Numerous comments regarding bester himself, she noticed the telepaths, she very clearly doesn't trust bester, whihc is, I suppose, the whole point. She was amused by two things mostly, firstly, g'kars speech about the infinite coming around upon itself and ending up back where it began. Secondly, again G'kar, regaridng not thumping the book of G'quon, it being disrespectful. She copmmented about the merging of the love of bester's life and medlab, hence the insertion in to the shadow vessle and noticed the sleeper pods as well and commented abotu the whole living ship component thing.
              This is definitely another Bester gem. This might be one of Koenig's best performances. He really goes through a range and makes the episode. It could have totally focused on him, but then the episode gets elevated to another level when Delenn is forced to make her confession to G'Kar.

Much hatred for Morden, jumping to the end of the episode she found it hard to belvie that Refa had killed Adira nd that Londo was willing to accept this. On a private note I wonder if this was one of his opprtunities to turn form the coming darkness. She iniitialy did not recognise poor Ed but I informed her that yes, it was indeed morden. She did appear to enjoy Vir's little bit of snark ("other than dying, no). Also asked if Adira was the dancer that appeared "way back in season 1". Franklin losing it in medlab garnered comment, also that in his final speech to the captian she felt jhe'd already realised a lot of what he was supposedly going off to explore. She also twigged Kosh quite early on when Sheridan's "dad" appeared and, I think figured out that the price for Kosh's help would be the death of somebody.
              So glad you remembered Adira from Season One L.

Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

No post this week, L is away. Posting will be sporadic over now to the first half of August, will post as and when.

Comment

No post this week, L is away. Posting will be sporadic over now to the first half of August, will post as and when.
                  Be honest Phaze, did L come to the U.S. looking for Looney? LOL

Comment

I'll quote L directly in her reply
                    "not so long the orange toupee is in charge "

Comment

I'll quote L directly in her reply
                      "not so long the orange toupee is in charge "
                      So sad that I have to admit it took me 5 seconds to realize what you were saying. LOL Tell L it can't be forever.

Comment

War without end parts 1 and 2
                        I'll admit becuase we aren't binging the show L may have forgotten about sinclair. Also i was utterly knackered post worldcon as i'd only gotten in at 1 am the evenign before so my recollocation is a tad fuzzy. Not too many comments form L though, she was glad we didn't go with my pan last week to only watch 1 episode then watch the rest later, this way we got to see both together, as fate and JMS intended. She did seem intrigued by old londo and was critical of sheridan not realising he was in the fture, especially aftar zathras briefed him on being unstuck in timeShe aso appearedf fascinated with the zathras rule of three. There was good mixing of old and new footage. There wa sa comment that in cetain scenes sinclair seemed a bit out of it. I epxlained he was probably on quite heabvy doses of anti psychotics, which might have affected his screen presence somewhat. We went of f in tot a side ficussion on the effects of paranoid schizophrenia and how poeple with it ot=ften don't know they're sick. Other than that not too many comment son the episodes themselves, although our chats as a result of watchign it were interesting. I'm sorry its been a few days and i've largeley forgotten everythingn else. We shall return you to your regular schedule next week,

Comment

War without end parts 1 and 2
                          I'll admit becuase we aren't binging the show L may have forgotten about sinclair. Also i was utterly knackered post worldcon as i'd only gotten in at 1 am the evenign before so my recollocation is a tad fuzzy. Not too many comments form L though, she was glad we didn't go with my pan last week to only watch 1 episode then watch the rest later, this way we got to see both together, as fate and JMS intended. She did seem intrigued by old londo and was critical of sheridan not realising he was in the fture, especially aftar zathras briefed him on being unstuck in timeShe aso appearedf fascinated with the zathras rule of three. There was good mixing of old and new footage. There wa sa comment that in cetain scenes sinclair seemed a bit out of it. I epxlained he was probably on quite heabvy doses of anti psychotics, which might have affected his screen presence somewhat. We went of f in tot a side ficussion on the effects of paranoid schizophrenia and how poeple with it ot=ften don't know they're sick. Other than that not too many comment son the episodes themselves, although our chats as a result of watchign it were interesting. I'm sorry its been a few days and i've largeley forgotten everythingn else. We shall return you to your regular schedule next week,
                          I certainly hope you did not forget about Sinclair L?!

As sad as it is to say I thought O'Hare's performance worked because he isn't the same Sinclair anymore and he knows what is ahead. I am bit surprised there weren't more comments about what this episode means for the future. I mean we got a glimpse of where Sheridan MIGHT be in several years as well as the PERFECT closure to the Sinclair arc.

Comment

Walkabout
                            where franklin does his australian outback thing in downbelow and enacts what ive come to call the "space gigalo role". Soem interrested comments from L in no particuar order. "the cpatains chair is throne like on teh white star as well. Also asked about Lyta's P5 rating and noticed that they only killed two of the shadow shps. I told her about the robe scene and how JMS got in trouble with the VFX department and the prop designers by just putting in the line "G'kar appears in a robe" Seh thought g'jar would appear when it semeed like they were gonna get creamed by the extra shadow ships and "oh he brought some firends". Many comments on how Stephen Franklin looked int he episode "dumb2 at some points, drugged at others. Good reactions overall she seemed to like the episode and pick up on the important plot points. Also the wondered what the writing on ul-kesh's ship meant. She commented straight away that new ambassador seemed harhser, dakrer suit, more agressive so clealry it's been telgraphed form early on.
                            Grey 17 is missing
                            L admitted she'd heard of this one, possibly refernced by some of you 'orrible lot and i had totally forgotten about the markus/Neroon interface. There ws laughter about many of markus's lines. Many comments about the apparent growign/shrinking hand that robert englund had. She seemed underwhelmed, as was I by the zarg itself. The recruiting if telephaths too casued some amusements Honestly way fewer comments on this episode but good engagemnt. I eel it's unfairly maligned, The grey 17 is strictly B arc and the appointment of Delenn as entil Zha is a vitally important plot point. She also thoguht that marcus final hasped out word was going to be "painful" rather than "uncomfortable" but felt panful might have been a but obvious

i have not really spell checked the above, all errors are mine
                            Last edited by phazedout; 08-29-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Walkabout
                              where franklin does his australian outback thing in downbelow and enacts what ive come to call the "space gigalo role". Soem interrested comments from L in no particuar order. "the cpatains chair is throne like on teh white star as well. Also asked about Lyta's P5 rating and noticed that they only killed two of the shadow shps. I told her about the robe scene and how JMS got in trouble with the VFX department and the prop designers by just putting in the line "G'kar appears in a robe" Seh thought g'jar would appear when it semeed like they were gonna get creamed by the extra shadow ships and "oh he brought some firends". Many comments on how Stephen Franklin looked int he episode "dumb2 at some points, drugged at others. Good reactions overall she seemed to like the episode and pick up on the important plot points. Also the wondered what the writing on ul-kesh's ship meant. She commented straight away that new ambassador seemed harhser, dakrer suit, more agressive so clealry it's been telgraphed form early on.
                              Grey 17 is missing
                              L admitted she'd heard of this one, possibly refernced by some of you 'orrible lot and i had totally forgotten about the markus/Neroon interface. There ws laughter about many of markus's lines. Many comments about the apparent growign/shrinking hand that robert englund had. She seemed underwhelmed, as was I by the zarg itself. The recruiting if telephaths too casued some amusements Honestly way fewer comments on this episode but good engagemnt. I eel it's unfairly maligned, The grey 17 is strictly B arc and the appointment of Delenn as entil Zha is a vitally important plot point. She also thoguht that marcus final hasped out word was going to be "painful" rather than "uncomfortable" but felt panful might have been a but obvious

i have not really spell checked the above, all errors are mine
                              You know it is a funny thing about GREY 17 IS MISSING that it is the B plot, but I guess you can't really title what happens to Delenn. LOL

And some good observations L, but just because the new Ambassador is darker and rougher around the edges does mean necessarily mean evil is around the corner - or maybe you are right? Guess we'll find out soon.

Comment

Special mention to looney here from L. She wanted you to know she recognised your quote when ivanova said it a few episodes back (I'll be in the car)
                                And the rock cried out, no hiding place
                                realm true anger from L at the Baptist ministers statement, felt that women are so much more than just an extension of a man. She also recognised, but could not name until I did, Lord Refa in what I knew would be his last appearance.really wasnt keen on the Baptist minister at all. Also commented that Stephen had the blood smeared all over the place.although that might have been from shadow dancing, said at one point she wasnt sure who she disliked more, lord refa or Londo.
                                shadow dancing
                                a real moment of revelation for L hete as she visibly struggled to recognise what the z countdown meant, she asked me when kt wadand what it was and visibly strained her memory but in the end, got zha jadum.o felt eo proud. She commented (I recently had a new bed arrive two weeks after getting engagrd) that the white star flert ,ade a much better engagement present than the bed and was delighted to see Sheridan and Selena finally kiss. She also saw the interactions between ivanova and Marcus and wondered if it was a similar thing or unrequited
                                thays it fir this week, tune in next week for more

Comment

Working...
                                X