Watching Babylon 5 with L - Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Isn't it awesome that we can actually get answers like this.
    Drooling around.
    Looney, You're right: "Scene 43. Page 43." This is real perfect harmony.

B5-Stefan

--
    Tirk: "Tirk. Drazi. I carry very large things. I... I... Tirk. Drazi."
    [Babylon5, LotR]

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

Isn't it awesome that we can actually get answers like this.
      I live to serve...

"Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

I live to serve...

/me takes careful notes
        "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Ship of tears
          Here we have bester again. Numerous comments regarding bester himself, she noticed the telepaths, she very clearly doesn't trust bester, whihc is, I suppose, the whole point. She was amused by two things mostly, firstly, g'kars speech about the infinite coming around upon itself and ending up back where it began. Secondly, again G'kar, regaridng not thumping the book of G'quon, it being disrespectful. She copmmented about the merging of the love of bester's life and medlab, hence the insertion in to the shadow vessle and noticed the sleeper pods as well and commented abotu the whole living ship component thing.

Interludes and examinations
          Much hatred for Morden, jumping to the end of the episode she found it hard to belvie that Refa had killed Adira nd that Londo was willing to accept this. On a private note I wonder if this was one of his opprtunities to turn form the coming darkness. She iniitialy did not recognise poor Ed but I informed her that yes, it was indeed morden. She did appear to enjoy Vir's little bit of snark ("other than dying, no). Also asked if Adira was the dancer that appeared "way back in season 1". Franklin losing it in medlab garnered comment, also that in his final speech to the captian she felt jhe'd already realised a lot of what he was supposedly going off to explore. She also twigged Kosh quite early on when Sheridan's "dad" appeared and, I think figured out that the price for Kosh's help would be the death of somebody.
          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Originally posted by phazedout View Post
            Ship of tears

I don't have anything to say about this update other than I enjoy reading these, so please keep posting! Thanks.

Comment

Ship of tears
              Here we have bester again. Numerous comments regarding bester himself, she noticed the telepaths, she very clearly doesn't trust bester, whihc is, I suppose, the whole point. She was amused by two things mostly, firstly, g'kars speech about the infinite coming around upon itself and ending up back where it began. Secondly, again G'kar, regaridng not thumping the book of G'quon, it being disrespectful. She copmmented about the merging of the love of bester's life and medlab, hence the insertion in to the shadow vessle and noticed the sleeper pods as well and commented abotu the whole living ship component thing.
              This is definitely another Bester gem. This might be one of Koenig's best performances. He really goes through a range and makes the episode. It could have totally focused on him, but then the episode gets elevated to another level when Delenn is forced to make her confession to G'Kar.

Much hatred for Morden, jumping to the end of the episode she found it hard to belvie that Refa had killed Adira nd that Londo was willing to accept this. On a private note I wonder if this was one of his opprtunities to turn form the coming darkness. She iniitialy did not recognise poor Ed but I informed her that yes, it was indeed morden. She did appear to enjoy Vir's little bit of snark ("other than dying, no). Also asked if Adira was the dancer that appeared "way back in season 1". Franklin losing it in medlab garnered comment, also that in his final speech to the captian she felt jhe'd already realised a lot of what he was supposedly going off to explore. She also twigged Kosh quite early on when Sheridan's "dad" appeared and, I think figured out that the price for Kosh's help would be the death of somebody.
              So glad you remembered Adira from Season One L.

Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

No post this week, L is away. Posting will be sporadic over now to the first half of August, will post as and when.

Comment

No post this week, L is away. Posting will be sporadic over now to the first half of August, will post as and when.
                  Be honest Phaze, did L come to the U.S. looking for Looney? LOL

Comment

I'll quote L directly in her reply
                    "not so long the orange toupee is in charge "

Comment

I'll quote L directly in her reply
                      "not so long the orange toupee is in charge "
                      So sad that I have to admit it took me 5 seconds to realize what you were saying. LOL Tell L it can't be forever.

Comment

Working...
                      X