Watching B5 with C&T - S5 (condensed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    Cheers Alpha! Sensing we don't have two news mega fans or anything of that ilk. Nice that they gave the show a chance and enjoyed it.
    Yes, no new mega fans. But if you "check the records, you'll be amused" - the Season 1 (condensed) thread has episodes with almost no commentary at all. Quite a change from the Q and A write-ups in Season 5.

Also, I didn't mention it before, but a few weeks back C mentioned to me a science article she had read about how hyperspace was real. So the show got them thinking about topics they probably wouldn't have considered otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha128 View Post
      Also, I didn't mention it before, but a few weeks back C mentioned to me a science article she had read about how hyperspace was real. So the show got them thinking about topics they probably wouldn't have considered otherwise.
      Really good spin-off.

And btw: which hyperspace article?
      B5-Stefan

--
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited."
      [Albert Einstein]

Comment

Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
        Really good spin-off.

And btw: which hyperspace article?
        B5-Stefan
        I'm not sure as she mentioned the article in passing. It could have been this one, as the date of publication is about right: Could rotating black holes be gentle portals for hyperspace travel in the future?

Comment

Wait, wait, wait, are you telling me that they both didn't immediately demand to watch the entire series over again with every episode?!?!?!?!?!?!
          Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
            Wait, wait, wait, are you telling me that they both didn't immediately demand to watch the entire series over again with every episode?!?!?!?!?!?!
            No, they did not.

In a complete change of pace we're now watching another series that ran from 1994 to 1998, The Vicar of Dibley.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha128 View Post
              In a complete change of pace we're now watching another series that ran from 1994 to 1998, The Vicar of Dibley.
              Oh boy! What a radical change of perspective: from outer space to inner Oxfordshire.
              B5-Stefan

(But finally there seems a Kylie Minogue guest appearance. )

Comment

Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
                Oh boy! What a radical change of perspective: from outer space to inner Oxfordshire.
                Perhaps not as radical as it first appears. Now that I think about it, there are parallels between the first Dibley episode "The Arrival" and "Points of Departure". The previous vicar is "reassigned" on short notice and his replacement is not warmly received by all the residents of the village. Also one character repeatedly says "no-no-no-no-no..." which is totally consistent with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon.

And on a tragic note, both Richard Biggs and Emma Chambers died young from heart problems.

Comment

Working...
                X