Watching B5 with C&T - S5 (condensed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

One man's good stuff is another man's filler.
    But now you'll never know if C&T would consider those episodes to be "filler" because they never got to make that choice.

I certainly hope they decide to go back and watch every episode you skipped. Unfortunately I don't believe we've got two new die-hard fans on our hands with C&T. My guess is they both will say they appreciated parts of the show, but neither will give it much thought when it is all said and done.

(I'm sure everyone is relieved to see that I can use some emojis again. )
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
      But now you'll never know if C&T would consider those episodes to be "filler" because they never got to make that choice.
      True. But skipping those episodes was not solely my decision. I consulted other sources like Geek.com and Jason Shankel, who were in almost complete agreement. I then tested the condensed list by watching it by myself in advance. Bottom line: a lot of thought went into which episodes were "essential" and which were "filler". This was not some knee jerk reaction to Bryon.

Originally posted by Looney View Post
      I certainly hope they decide to go back and watch every episode you skipped. Unfortunately I don't believe we've got two new die-hard fans on our hands with C&T. My guess is they both will say they appreciated parts of the show, but neither will give it much thought when it is all said and done.
      Given that C & T are not science fiction fans, I think this experiment has been a remarkable success. C has stated that she's "not 'wired' for fantasy". and yet is invested enough in the show to ask if David has a headbone.

Comment

I must admit to using an edited S1 list to get a friend into B5 and it worked a treat. I'm not adverse to doing this, it can be hard to pick and choose, but I understand the need to make the series more appealing.
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Working...
        X