25th Anniversary - "Midnight on the Firing Line"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 'Birthday', Babylon 5!!
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Satai with Punsch View Post
      That is how you recognize good tasting food, right?
      Well, well...

... but some recent tweets which couldn't circumvent Bagna Cauda ;-)

bhandel58 @straczynski:
      Were there any unnecessary government shutdowns on Babylon 5? ...
      J. Michael Straczynski retweet:
      No, just a labor union strike and a pay freeze while transitioning from
      Earth Alliance salary systems during the separation period. But everyone kept
      coming to work because, well, they had nowhere else to go.
      Kate Lambert? @straczynski:
      Wasn't there a delayed bagna cauda shipment from Earth?

Bagna cauda is a dish best served cold, Or, not at all.
      So, Satai what were Your recent experiences about that causa <err> cauda?

And yes: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIDNIGHT!
      B5-Stefan

--
      Garibaldi cooking Bagna Cauda for himself and Dr. Franklin.
      Garibaldi: "Trust me, Doc, you are gonna love this!"
      Franklin: "I can feel my arteries hardening just being in the same room with it!"
      [Babylon5, A Distant Star]
      Last edited by B5-Stefan; 01-26-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

HA! I watched it pretty late Saturday and meant to come say something, but then I got caught up watching THE L-SHAPED ROOM (1962) on Turner Classic Movies. Two-hours and six minutes later my eyes closed before I made any comments. When I awoke Sunday morning and got on the go it completely slipped my mind. LOL

HAPPY Be-Lated BIRTHDAY MIDNIGHT ON THE FIRING LINE!!!!!
        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post

So, Satai what were Your recent experiences about that causa <err> cauda?

And yes: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIDNIGHT!
          B5-Stefan
          Unfortunately I had fled the country at that time to get some writing peace and ended up in Athens. There was a party though and it included booze and a huge pile of lamb shops. As soon as I return to my TV and DVD:s I'll see if I can do something properly about it.

Comment

Wow 25 years. I still remember when I saw the first airing of this episode. I remember seeing the listing in the TV Guide and contacting my mom to see if I could go over to her place to watch it. Hmmm, do they still publish TV Guides? I never seen the pilot. So Midnight on The Firing Line was my first exposure to Babylon 5. So seeing this thread is a reminder of my mom who past away approximately 10 years ago.

Comment

I recently began re-watching the series while working @ home. The story still holds up even if the EFX looks dated.

I remember watching the original airing of this in my apartment in Fullerton CA, I was recently laid off from my job and in the midst of writing a book on Powerpoint 4 for Windows. I don't remember if my GF at the time was there or not.

A lot of crap has gone under the bridge since then and I don't know if the past 25 years has been good bad or indifferent for me. But faith manages and B5 endures.
              All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post

A lot of crap has gone under the bridge since then and I don't know if the past 25 years has been good bad or indifferent for me. But faith manages and B5 endures.
                Yeah that "crap" river does flow. I can answer your question, "good" because you are still here sharing your thoughts with us. I was about to agree with your sentiment and then I thought in terms of my own "crap river" at least I'm still here to bitch about it to everyone and I know you all appreciate it.
                Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

we'd feel lost without your superfluous emojis looney
                  "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

I'm not sure I ever heard anything but as I recall, they were dipping bread cubes into the fondue and most recipes I see suggest dipping veggies. Though I'm sure bread would absorb more of the sauce.
                    It has taken 25 years, but I finally looked up bagna cauda and it looks like both veggies and bread are implicated ("Literally translated as "hot bath," this dipping sauce for vegetables often appears in many Italian homes as part of the Christmas Eve buffet. Although cardoons (an edible thistle related to the artichoke but resembling celery) are traditional, celery makes a fine substitute and any combination of vegetables will do. In Italy, the routine goes like this: Vegetable pieces are dipped into the sauce (a fondue-style fork will help) and then eaten, with a slice of bread held underneath to catch the drippings. Once the bread is soaked with sauce, it's eaten, too. Then everyone starts over. It's fun for a party appetizer no matter where you live." -- see https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...gna-cauda-2827 for recipe).

Comment

Made bagna cauda years ago, it's so freaking tasty. Crusty bread is the way forward. You can put a hint of lemon juice in it to balance the richness a bit.
                      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                        Made bagna cauda years ago, it's so freaking tasty. Crusty bread is the way forward. You can put a hint of lemon juice in it to balance the richness a bit.
                        BUT! To all: look at the Doctor's advice!
                        B5-Stefan

--
                        Franklin: "I can feel my arteries hardening just being in the same room with it!"

Comment

Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post

BUT! To all: look at the Doctor's advice!
                          B5-Stefan

--
                          Like I am going to listen to a doctor concerning what I eat!
                          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                            Like I am going to listen to a doctor concerning what I eat!
                            It's not Dr. Who. It's Dr. Franklin!

I'm surprised that Garibaldi with his bad eating forms got so aged.
                            I suppose, later on Lise had a "healthy" influence on him.
                            B5-Stefan

--
                            "Vorlon poetry compares to Vogon poetry the way that Vogon poetry compares to Vegan poetry."
                            [Straczynski tweet, Nov 17, 2018]

Comment

Working...
                            X