Sleeping in Light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping in Light.

How come Deleen didnt go with John on his "Sunday Drive"?

He was going out to die. I think it was implicitly understood by her that this was a journey he had to make alone.

Comment

Also, I don't have the script, maybe someone else :cough:Jan:cough: might provide more details, but wasn't part of his plan to vanish into space or whatever in order to help Delenn by continuing the legend as it were. I seem to recall some dialogue to that effect.
      "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Yes, there was, WorkerCaste. It was while they were talking about his going that he said that if it ended out in space, it would leave a lasting impression on the other races-half myth, half reality.

Be careful of that cough...

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Allergies, don'tcha know.
          "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

I don't know how i didn't see that before, but anyone noticed that Zack's becoming a Ranger?
            Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger1
              I don't know how i didn't see that before, but anyone noticed that Zack's becoming a Ranger?
              Nope. Per JMS: http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-614...=Zack%20Ranger

Cheers!

FP

Comment

You know, I didn't notice that it was Zack sitting at that table until I listened to the commentary track, and heard JMS mention it.

I did watch the episode twice on DVD before, but I wasn't seeing completely clearly any more both times when I arrived at the end of the episode, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Yeah, there's a strange phenomenon when watching sections of Sleeping in Light. Almost like watching through water for some reason...

Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                    Yeah, there's a strange phenomenon when watching sections of Sleeping in Light. Almost like watching through water for some reason...
                    Really? I never noticed that. There are, of course, those places where the camera operator flubbed the focus. I always blamed it on JMS, him being a first-time director and all. Probably didn't ride herd on the DP and operators enough. Yah, that's it.

At any rate, I'm sure it's JMS's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan

Jan
                      Just get another box o' Kleenex.
                      Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

Working...
                      X