Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 episodes?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Top 10 episodes?

    Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but I figured this would be interesting.
    List your top 10 episodes. If you can't really put them in order, just put up your favorite 10 eps. I am listing 2 parters as one ep.

    A Voice in the Wilderness I & II
    Severed Dreams
    Ship of Tears
    Into The Fire
    Moments of Transition
    EndGame
    Comes The Inquisitor
    Dust to Dust
    WWE I & II
    The Long Night of Londo Mollari
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

  • #2
    Ooh..toughie. I think I'm gonna have to watch the show over again with my handy-dandy scriptbooks in order to make that call. I know Sleeping In Light and Comes The Inquisitor are up near the top for me, probably my one and two.

    Originally posted by NotKosh
    Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but I figured this would be interesting.
    List your top 10 episodes. If you can't really put them in order, just put up your favorite 10 eps. I am listing 2 parters as one ep.

    A Voice in the Wilderness I & II
    Severed Dreams
    Ship of Tears
    Into The Fire
    Moments of Transition
    EndGame
    Comes The Inquisitor
    Dust to Dust
    WWE I & II
    The Long Night of Londo Mollari
    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

    Comment


    • #3
      Whew, tough. The first three are definitely the all-time faves. The rest aren't in any particular order.

      1. Sleeping in Light

      2. Severed Dreams

      3. A View From the Gallery

      4. In The Beginning

      5. The Fall of Centauri Prime

      6. The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari

      7. Comes the Inquisitor

      8. Atonement

      9. Moments of Transition

      10. Z'ha'dum

      Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

      Comment


      • #4
        you want me to what?!?!?!?!


        oh ok i'll give it a try

        1. Comes the Inquisitor
        2. By any means Nessisary (i think, the ep with the strike and the plant)
        3. severd dreams
        4. the long twilight strugle
        5. sleeping in the light
        6. The Geometry of Shadows
        7. Into the Fire
        8. Intersections in Real Time (an amazing script)
        9. endgame
        10. day of the dead

        Comment


        • #5
          You like A View From the Gallery that much, Jan? Not that it is a bad episode, I quite like it too, but would you mind explaining why you hold in such high regard as to include in your all time favourites together with SiL and SD? I'm just curious.

          Comment


          • #6
            1. Severed Dreams
            2. Coming of Shadows
            3. Sleeping in Light
            4. Signs & Portents
            4. War Without End
            5. Babylon Squared
            6. Point of no Return
            7. Into the Fire
            8. Dust to Dust
            9. Z'ha'dum
            10. Chryasilis
            http://card.mygamercard.net/Wicked%20Vorlon.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Shabaz
              You like A View From the Gallery that much, Jan? Not that it is a bad episode, I quite like it too, but would you mind explaining why you hold in such high regard as to include in your all time favourites together with SiL and SD? I'm just curious.
              I'm not absolutely sure, Shabaz. As you can see from my list, I'm very fond of the off-format episodes-that's part of it. The chemistry between the actors who played Mack and Bo was wonderful, too. The story Stephen told about how an alien doctor had saved his Dad, the growing feud between Lochley and Garibaldi, Delenn's gentleness and determination to stay on the station...it all just adds up for me. And then there's that silly floor machine...

              In a different way from 'Deconstruction of Falling Stars', this episode is a series of small character stories, not a lot of heavy arc but you learn a lot about the new folks on the station and a little more about the characters we already thought we knew well.

              Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jan
                I'm not absolutely sure, Shabaz. As you can see from my list, I'm very fond of the off-format episodes-that's part of it. The chemistry between the actors who played Mack and Bo was wonderful, too. The story Stephen told about how an alien doctor had saved his Dad, the growing feud between Lochley and Garibaldi, Delenn's gentleness and determination to stay on the station...it all just adds up for me. And then there's that silly floor machine...

                In a different way from 'Deconstruction of Falling Stars', this episode is a series of small character stories, not a lot of heavy arc but you learn a lot about the new folks on the station and a little more about the characters we already thought we knew well.

                Jan
                i agree with you here jan, while a veiw from the gallirey is not on my top 10 it does deserve an honorable mention. personally i think it was a brillant concept and i really wish some other shows would do something similar, plus it makes us imagine the story going on around it by inference, it was so well done that you can hear the story behind it without needing to see it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jan
                  I'm not absolutely sure, Shabaz. As you can see from my list, I'm very fond of the off-format episodes-that's part of it. The chemistry between the actors who played Mack and Bo was wonderful, too. The story Stephen told about how an alien doctor had saved his Dad, the growing feud between Lochley and Garibaldi, Delenn's gentleness and determination to stay on the station...it all just adds up for me. And then there's that silly floor machine...

                  In a different way from 'Deconstruction of Falling Stars', this episode is a series of small character stories, not a lot of heavy arc but you learn a lot about the new folks on the station and a little more about the characters we already thought we knew well.

                  Jan
                  Thank you for your answer.

                  Yeah, I quite like the off format episodes too. And, with a show that is intentionally focused on the political decision makers, I really liked seeing the working man side to the Babylon 5 space station. Makes the place feel more real, you know? I really liked by Any Means Necessary for the same reason. It made the station feel more real, and less of an idealized place than, for instance, the Trek universe.

                  Those mystery red helmeted aliens in A View from the Gallery looked a bit silly, though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Since there are a couple non-list posts now, I'll toss in my comment.

                    Top 10? Are you sure you didn't miss a key? Maybe you meant Top 110?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SLerman
                      Since there are a couple non-list posts now, I'll toss in my comment.

                      Top 10? Are you sure you didn't miss a key? Maybe you meant Top 110?
                      Sorry, I value my sanity too highly to even attempt to list all the episodes in order of preference. However, here is today's top 10 - tomorrow's would likely be different - in no particular order:

                      Severed Dreams
                      Interludes and Examinations
                      Confessions and Lamentations
                      The Coming of Shadows
                      Sleeping in Light
                      Intersections in Real Time
                      The Long, Twilight Struggle
                      Babylon Squared
                      The Fall of Centauri Prime
                      And The Sky Full Of Stars

                      Cheers,
                      The Optimist: The glass is half full
                      The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                      The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I couldn't possible do 10, but here's afew off the top of my head (As it were)
                        A view from the gallery (just love the off-format stuff, I'm with you Jan)
                        Sil (I mean duh)
                        Believers (so much non-star-trek that this was the pooint I decided I must have the whole series on DVVd, now)
                        The longnight of Londo Mollari (wonderfuly arcy)
                        sh*t gonna have to wander off to the lurkers guide for this one but the Niel Gaiman ep in S5 (got it Day of the Dead) just love the way it reveals aspects of each characters past, even got me to like lochley
                        WWe part I & II (if only for the londo hokey cokey stuff and the ivanova is god quotes.
                        Racing Mars (the interaction between Steven and Marcus is just great
                        Paragon of animals (because G'kar reading the DoP melts me every time
                        <edit, hmm there's 9 there, I'm sure I can make it ten. OK can't remeber the ep title but the one where Talia is reavealed to be a psi-corps spy.
                        That's all
                        bear in mind I;m naming eps from memory so may have got a few (Neil Gaiman aside) title wrong, I'm open to correction which is why I put the details in.
                        Phaze
                        on the "that was fun, now I'm hingry and when you're hungry, you're hungry*" ID
                        * yes that is a quote from an interview on the babylon podcast
                        "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          To me, all episodes are top, maybe some are less , but i take this as full story.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Based on recent viewings.....

                            1. Passing through Gethsemene
                            2. Comes the Inquisitor
                            3. Whatever happened to Mr Garibaldi?
                            4. Confesions and Lamentations
                            5. Endgame
                            6. Sleeping in Light
                            7. The Fall of Centauri Prime
                            8. Interludes & examinations
                            9. And the rock cried out ' no hiding place '
                            10 . Signs and Portents.

                            Then again if this question pops up again in a years time then it will probably have changed.

                            Such is the quality of the show.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Coming of Shadows
                              In the Shadow of Z'ha'Dum
                              The Long, Twilight Struggle
                              Chrysalis
                              Confessions and Lamentations
                              Interludes and Examinations
                              War Without End 1&2
                              Z'ha'Dum
                              Into the Fire
                              The Fall of Centauri Prime

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X