• CRONAN
    replied
    .........4 days later

Yes. I see your point.

IDIOT

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    And thank you for reviving this little tussle that was already two weeks dead. We surely don't have enough arguements here. */sarcasm*

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    replied
    ''Rudeness and stupidity in one package. How efficient of them''

Have a little self repect. Surely you are capable of expressing an opinion without regurgitating cheap comic book one liners. Really it stops being funny after the first time you've heard it.

-''Ah arrogance and stupity all in the same package. How efficient of you!'' Londo Mollari's response to Earthgov's (Bushian) plan to mount a first contact expedition to Minbar in ''Babylon 5 In the Begining''....
    Last edited by CRONAN; 04-07-2004, 11:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar
    You, sir, are a perv. I like that.
    Awwwww...you say the nicest things.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by colonyearth
    You, sir, are a perv. I like that.

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Hey! Hey meant your keyboard, babe! I need mine!

Leave a comment:

• Shivkala
    replied
    Originally posted by grumbler
    Actually, in Britain the news has been released: the new show is http://www.babylon5.org.uk/newseries.html

(yeah, old, and yeah, I used this at b5tv already this week. Sue me)
    my god, that was funny...kinda bizzare, but funny!

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by colonyearth
    It's a web forum...you wouldn't have any idea where my hands are at any given moment

Hehe

Oh, yeah...they're, um, on the keyboard...yeah.
    Hey! Hey meant your keyboard, babe! I need mine!

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor
    Please put your hands where we can see them......
    It's a web forum...you wouldn't have any idea where my hands are at any given moment

Hehe

Oh, yeah...they're, um, on the keyboard...yeah.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Please put your hands where we can see them......

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by DougO
    I thought I'd chime in with a few comments on forum etiquette.

IÆd like the forums here to be a friendly place for people to share ideas. ItÆs natural that disagreements will happen and occasionally escalate to insults and derogatory comments. IÆd like to avoid having any serious flame wars on the forums or truly profane/abusive language. Treating each other with respect will help keep the discussions civil and tempers under control.

As someone commented, my free time to read the boards is sporadic and ocassionally I donÆt have time to catch up until the weekend. If an issue arises that requires my immediate attention, please send me a private message on the forum or email at [email protected].

Thanks, and try to be nice to each other!

-DougO

Awwww....BIG SMOOCH, Dougo

::SMACK!::

Leave a comment:

• DougO
    replied
    I thought I'd chime in with a few comments on forum etiquette.

IÆd like the forums here to be a friendly place for people to share ideas. ItÆs natural that disagreements will happen and occasionally escalate to insults and derogatory comments. IÆd like to avoid having any serious flame wars on the forums or truly profane/abusive language. Treating each other with respect will help keep the discussions civil and tempers under control.

As someone commented, my free time to read the boards is sporadic and ocassionally I donÆt have time to catch up until the weekend. If an issue arises that requires my immediate attention, please send me a private message on the forum or email at [email protected].

Thanks, and try to be nice to each other!

-DougO

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    Thanks for the recommend Sammy. Will look it up.

(makes me think of Stephen King's On Writing for some reason - I ought to dig that out of whatever box I tossed it in)

Leave a comment:

• SammyJ
    replied
    After having read the last few posts, something just occurred to me. Has anyone ever read the book by JMS titled *The Complete Book of Scriptwriting*

Even if you will never write a script in your life, it really gives great insight on JMS, the writer. It's not exactly a B5 related book, even though it has a complete B5 episode script, but you'll understand where he's coming from a lot more clearly.

Sorry JMS, not trying to make you cringe.

Sincerely, SammyJ

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    I believe - and you may all laugh if you want to - I truly believe that JMS doesn't care about money or ratings or anything of the sort, and instead concentrates on telling a good story for the fans.
    I most certainly agree with you on the basis that he really had a ton oppertunities to merchandise the hell out of B5, and turned down such oppertunities again and again, mostly only selling a few small things here and there through the Fan Club (which were always quite cool too). He could have came away with a lot more money from B5 then he did if he had just given into it, but he was more concentrated on telling a story.

As for ratings... he kinda has to care to make sure there's enough to guarentee continued life to the show, but I'll agree with you he was never out to make B5 super-popular, just out to make a good story that people could appreciate. Which he succeeded at quite well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X