ATTN Moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OmahaStar
    Not a chance. Angel already did that with the episode "Smile Time" ... And I haven't tuned into that series since. JMS wouldn't do that to his fans.
    Pity you did that. That episode was drop-dead hilarious.
    Radhil Trebors
    Persona Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor
      But won't it suck if it's something we don't like? A B5 puppet show for children possibly? Babylon Street?
      Actually, in Britain the news has been released: the new show is http://www.babylon5.org.uk/newseries.html

(yeah, old, and yeah, I used this at b5tv already this week. Sue me)
      Last edited by grumbler; 03-17-2004, 09:34 AM.
      I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Not a chance. Angel already did that with the episode "Smile Time" ... And I haven't tuned into that series since. JMS wouldn't do that to his fans.
        Because he wuvs us sooooooooo much
        Anthony Flessas
        Writer/Producer/Director,
        SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

Originally posted by colonyearth
          Because he wuvs us sooooooooo much
          Well he does! I've never seen a television producer who interacts with his fans at the level JMS did during the production of B5 (before, during and after). He cares about his story and about the fans, and he doesn't want to let them down.

I believe - and you may all laugh if you want to - I truly believe that JMS doesn't care about money or ratings or anything of the sort, and instead concentrates on telling a good story for the fans.
          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Well he does! I've never seen a television producer who interacts with his fans at the level JMS did during the production of B5 (before, during and after). He cares about his story and about the fans, and he doesn't want to let them down.

I believe - and you may all laugh if you want to - I truly believe that JMS doesn't care about money or ratings or anything of the sort, and instead concentrates on telling a good story for the fans.
            Actually I think you're right...not that he doesn't wanna make a living at doing it so he can continue to do it...but I think to him the story and moving audiences is his drug of choice...and I for one have to say that's exactly why I'm in awe of him and would LOVE to work with him someday...wouldn't that be a dreamcome true?
            Anthony Flessas
            SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

Actually I think you're right...not that he doesn't wanna make a living at doing it so he can continue to do it...but I think to him the story and moving audiences is his drug of choice...and I for one have to say that's exactly why I'm in awe of him and would LOVE to work with him someday...wouldn't that be a dreamcome true?
              For him or you?

Comment

I most certainly agree with you on the basis that he really had a ton oppertunities to merchandise the hell out of B5, and turned down such oppertunities again and again, mostly only selling a few small things here and there through the Fan Club (which were always quite cool too). He could have came away with a lot more money from B5 then he did if he had just given into it, but he was more concentrated on telling a story.

As for ratings... he kinda has to care to make sure there's enough to guarentee continued life to the show, but I'll agree with you he was never out to make B5 super-popular, just out to make a good story that people could appreciate. Which he succeeded at quite well.

Comment

After having read the last few posts, something just occurred to me. Has anyone ever read the book by JMS titled *The Complete Book of Scriptwriting*

Even if you will never write a script in your life, it really gives great insight on JMS, the writer. It's not exactly a B5 related book, even though it has a complete B5 episode script, but you'll understand where he's coming from a lot more clearly.

Sorry JMS, not trying to make you cringe.

Sincerely, SammyJ

Comment

Thanks for the recommend Sammy. Will look it up.

(makes me think of Stephen King's On Writing for some reason - I ought to dig that out of whatever box I tossed it in)
                    Radhil Trebors
                    Persona Under Construction

Comment

I thought I'd chime in with a few comments on forum etiquette.

IÆd like the forums here to be a friendly place for people to share ideas. ItÆs natural that disagreements will happen and occasionally escalate to insults and derogatory comments. IÆd like to avoid having any serious flame wars on the forums or truly profane/abusive language. Treating each other with respect will help keep the discussions civil and tempers under control.

As someone commented, my free time to read the boards is sporadic and ocassionally I donÆt have time to catch up until the weekend. If an issue arises that requires my immediate attention, please send me a private message on the forum or email at [email protected].

Thanks, and try to be nice to each other!

-DougO

Comment

Originally posted by DougO
                        I thought I'd chime in with a few comments on forum etiquette.

IÆd like the forums here to be a friendly place for people to share ideas. ItÆs natural that disagreements will happen and occasionally escalate to insults and derogatory comments. IÆd like to avoid having any serious flame wars on the forums or truly profane/abusive language. Treating each other with respect will help keep the discussions civil and tempers under control.

As someone commented, my free time to read the boards is sporadic and ocassionally I donÆt have time to catch up until the weekend. If an issue arises that requires my immediate attention, please send me a private message on the forum or email at [email protected].

Thanks, and try to be nice to each other!

-DougO

Awwww....BIG SMOOCH, Dougo

::SMACK!::
                        Anthony Flessas
                        SP Pictures

Comment

Please put your hands where we can see them......

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor
                            Please put your hands where we can see them......
                            It's a web forum...you wouldn't have any idea where my hands are at any given moment

Hehe

Oh, yeah...they're, um, on the keyboard...yeah.
                            Anthony Flessas
                            SP Pictures

Comment

It's a web forum...you wouldn't have any idea where my hands are at any given moment

Hehe

Oh, yeah...they're, um, on the keyboard...yeah.
                              Hey! Hey meant your keyboard, babe! I need mine!

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler
                                Actually, in Britain the news has been released: the new show is http://www.babylon5.org.uk/newseries.html

(yeah, old, and yeah, I used this at b5tv already this week. Sue me)
                                my god, that was funny...kinda bizzare, but funny!
                                "You are now what we need you to be..."

Comment

Working...
                                X