• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar
    *blink*

hell has just frozen over.
    Actually if you look at several threads here and at B5tv, JDM and I have been agreeing a lot lately...for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by colonyearth
    I agree with JDM here.
    *blink*

hell has just frozen over.

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino
    Sean Connery is still doing action movies and still getting the girl. Ditto Harrison Ford. There's a reason they call it "Hollywood"

And Peter Woodward is already completely bald, as long as his face doesn't wrinkle up to badly for Botox to handle it, he's the actor who will least noticably age.

Regards,

Joe
    I agree with JDM here. Age is not necessarily a factor. Have none of you ever seen 2010? They actually made Keir Dullea look 20 yrs younger, identical to how he looked when he made 2001.

Make-up and a good period of working out can do wonders in the biz.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Sean Connery is still doing action movies and still getting the girl. Ditto Harrison Ford. There's a reason they call it "Hollywood"

And Peter Woodward is already completely bald, as long as his face doesn't wrinkle up to badly for Botox to handle it, he's the actor who will least noticably age.

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• DDC2000
    replied
    Those darn oldtimers just can't...

Were Captain Kirk,Spock and Bones too old for the first Trek movie?

They can always have a younger Crusade cast member get into the big brawls and all while Captain Gideon just stands around looking important. LOL LOL

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    I saw him in a newer movie... he dosen't really look any different

Besides, they made Bruce look 20 years younger for In the Beginning, I think they can handle a few years

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    replied
    Hypothetically, if they were going to re introduce the Gideon into a new B5 project, there would be a slight complication. The actor who played him is now getting close to his 50s.

[email protected]#$.
    Last edited by CRONAN; 05-09-2004, 04:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RCmodeler
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    when "artists" come upon a situation in which they can lose money, they get really greedy. But when a mega-corporation like Wal-Mart makes billions a year, they call it evil and boycott it.

Show me ONE artist who has ever (1) complained about losing money off scripts/music/etcetera AND (2) complained about a corporation making billions. I've never heard any such thing.

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Originally posted by RCmodeler
    There is a book being published about Crusade, and it will include the scripts.
    There is??? Where did you hear about this?

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Re: must - manage - ANGER

Originally posted by CRONAN
    I just finished reading the crusade scripts (obtained via shareaza), much to my changrin. The one writen by Fiona Avery was good, but revealed MAJOR SPOILERS in regards to the Psi Corp. Yeah i know its my own fault.

Aside from that I think im in agreement with everyone else here: the Crusade arc had some huge plot twists in store for us in the comming seasons, its a damn shame it got canceled, and we all wanna beat the [email protected]#$ outta those slimy TNT-execs for all the evil things they did to the show (one of which suggested that Gideon encourage a crew member forcefully shag Dureena in one ep on the premise that sex and violence sells - more so than intelligent storylines/ AND for those godawful clowns in space uniforms).
    Check this out:

IMDb user comments for Crusade - Jack - Date: 6 March 2004

"Jack
    Minnesota, USA

Date: 6 March 2004
    Summary: Intellectually shallow"

I wrote up a rebuttal, toned it down a couple of times, but evidently it still wasn't PC enough to post.

My initial thought, which I didn't submit, was "Did this guy even watch the show?"
    Last edited by KoshN; 04-06-2004, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    replied
    Character Power!

I think ALL the Crusade characters are fun to watch.

Galen for his keen intelligence and Kosh-like eccentricities.

Matheson for his sense of honor, integrety and reserved-insightful manner.

Eilerson for his condescending demeaner and sense of humor (all of which conceal a -somewhat- nobler self).

Dureena for her mischieviousness and adventuress personality.

Gideon for his daring, iron will, and strong sense of responsibility.

And Chambers does okay too.

They all make the show interesting in many different respects. This is 13 hours of rock solid entertainment folks!

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    replied
    must - manage - ANGER

I just finished reading the crusade scripts (obtained via shareaza), much to my changrin. The one writen by Fiona Avery was good, but revealed MAJOR SPOILERS in regards to the Psi Corp. Yeah i know its my own fault.

Aside from that I think im in agreement with everyone else here: the Crusade arc had some huge plot twists in store for us in the comming seasons, its a damn shame it got canceled, and we all wanna beat the [email protected]#$ outta those slimy TNT-execs for all the evil things they did to the show (one of which suggested that Gideon encourage a crew member forcefully shag Dureena in one ep on the premise that sex and violence sells - more so than intelligent storylines/ AND for those godawful clowns in space uniforms).

They shall be made to suffer. Suffer greatly.
    Last edited by CRONAN; 04-01-2004, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<I remember being pleasantly surprised at McCoy's appearance in the TNG pilot, but as you correctly pointed out, he did it for SAG minimum, not for free. And I'm probably going out on a limb here, but I wouldn't be surprised if a very small part of that was a thank-you to Roddenberry for being in the original Star Trek.>>

Well, I think the SAG requires you to be paid. I am not sure if working for free is allowed. And I wonder if Shatner thought Gene should be thankful to him for Kelley's gracious gesture?

<<Regardless, I'm surprised that any natural-born capitalist should think a creative person should basically give away his work so that somebody else can make money from it. Why should JMS or Avery or David allow Warners to publish their scripts for free, and then sell several thousand Crusade DVDs, while advertising those aforementioned scripts as a major reason for buying those DVDs? The people working on those releases are getting a salary. The marketing people are getting a salary. The folks at Best Buy and Circuit City are getting a percentage of sales. But the writers should give up their work for free? Give me a break.>>

I am sure you know this, but I will point it out, anyway. I wasn't saying the writer shouldn't be paid, I am just saying that when "artists" come upon a situation in which they can lose money, they get really greedy. But when a mega-corporation like Wal-Mart makes billions a year, they call it evil and boycott it.

<<And regarding my earlier post about Warners lack of foresight regarding foresight, maybe I misread ZD's post, but it seemed to suggest that the studio was entitled to materials simply because they allowed me on their set. If a studio hires me to write a book and pay my expenses, they're entitled to everything I produce, because that's the deal. If I'm paying my expenses out of my own pocket, I recoup my expenses by selling my interviews or articles or photos. That's the capitalism thing we were talking about. In return, I'd like to think I was able to get potential viewers over the last decade or so to give B5 or Crusade a try.>>

Still, I'd play that card. If someone else -- say, a complete moron -- had come to the set and took the photos, it just might have worked. But unfortunately for them, it was not a complete moron. Obviously.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    I remember being pleasantly surprised at McCoy's appearance in the TNG pilot, but as you correctly pointed out, he did it for SAG minimum, not for free. And I'm probably going out on a limb here, but I wouldn't be surprised if a very small part of that was a thank-you to Roddenberry for being in the original Star Trek.

Regardless, I'm surprised that any natural-born capitalist should think a creative person should basically give away his work so that somebody else can make money from it. Why should JMS or Avery or David allow Warners to publish their scripts for free, and then sell several thousand Crusade DVDs, while advertising those aforementioned scripts as a major reason for buying those DVDs? The people working on those releases are getting a salary. The marketing people are getting a salary. The folks at Best Buy and Circuit City are getting a percentage of sales. But the writers should give up their work for free? Give me a break.

And regarding my earlier post about Warners lack of foresight regarding foresight, maybe I misread ZD's post, but it seemed to suggest that the studio was entitled to materials simply because they allowed me on their set. If a studio hires me to write a book and pay my expenses, they're entitled to everything I produce, because that's the deal. If I'm paying my expenses out of my own pocket, I recoup my expenses by selling my interviews or articles or photos. That's the capitalism thing we were talking about. In return, I'd like to think I was able to get potential viewers over the last decade or so to give B5 or Crusade a try.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<And frankly, why should the writers be expected to give anything up for free?>>

This isn't anything directed at you, Joe, but just something I have observed.

Writers, actors, all of that bunch...most of them consider themselves to be artists. Now, I am a full blown capitalist, survival of the fittest, kind of guy. But I see a very hypocritical standpoint on some of the "artists'" parts in that they want money, yet harp on evil corporations for making money. I applaud your business saavy in not giving up the photos for free. But in terms of business, if I were from the WB merch wing, I would have been like "well...who let you on the set?" But I am as ruthless as an Arab trader when it comes to bargaining. They were stupid to just let your evidently superior pics go in lieu of the grabs.

One of the most heartwarming stories I ever heard from the 'Wood was about the late DeForest Kelley and his small role in the TNG pilot. He accepted the SAG minimum for that role. What would have Nimoy and Shatner have demanded? And I have to say, that scene with McCoy and Data was as heartwarming as the real life gesture by Kelley, more so than any of Nimoy scenes in "Unification."

But you don't see that in Hollywood very often. Once the artists' precious money is on the line, forget the idea of being an artist.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X