Crusade Scripts Available Online???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusade Scripts Available Online???

I heard that the unfilmed scripts are available online somewhere. Where?

EDIT: Sorry, I made the mistake of thinking they were released by JMS as public domain.

EDIT 2: Here's a link to some reviews of the Crusade scripts:
    A Bester Episode:
    http://worldsofjms.com/crusade/reviews/script2.htm

First Major Arc Episode (think Signs and Portents):
    http://worldsofjms.com/crusade/reviews/script1.htm

Season One Finale:
    http://worldsofjms.com/crusade/reviews/script3.htm
    Last edited by RCmodeler; 03-15-2004, 11:36 AM.

Were, not are.

They were available for a short time on Bookface.com which has gone to the Big Dot Com in the sky. Actually, the JMS scripts 'To the Ends of the Earth' and 'End of the Line' were there. Another, 'Value Judgments' by Fiona Avery was available to order directly from her at one point but also hasn't been for quite some time.

There were some files being traded about at some point but they were/are bootleg.

Sorry,
    Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I have a few of them, RC.
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I checked and found that I have To the Ends of the Earth and End of the Line. My buddy has Value Judgements, too, I think. That's the one that would have had Bester in the ep, before TNT said "be seeing you" to JMS and Crusade.

If you want to check out the scripts, give me your e-mail. I think the e-mail function is messed up in the profiles.
        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Thanks!

Just dump the files to [email protected]

Comment

I lost my copy of those episodes when I changed computers when my HD crashed sometime last year, and would also appreciate a copy if you don't mind.

[email protected]

Comment

post deleted to conform with JMS wishes
              Last edited by grumbler; 03-15-2004, 07:30 AM.
              I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Wow ... What the hell do you people think you're doing?

On this very site, there is a message from jms which says --

9a) A subset of 9 and a request...I keep seeing posts from people who are
                freely exchanging textfiles containing the Crusade scripts that were posted on
                bookface.com. To those folks, the rest of you can move on...I don't think
                you've stopped to realize that what you're passing around so freely is my
                property. It's not taking from WB, or TNT, it's taking from *me*. I own the
                scripts that I write, under the Writers Guild Separation of Rights provision.
                I allowed Bookface to put them up because they gave me assurances that they
                could not easily or well be pirated. (They clearly did not anticipate the
                ingenuity of some folks.) You are infringing on my rights, my copyright, my
                ownership, and causing me to regret my decision to let folks see them, such
                that I may never do this again because it greatly reduces my ability to ever
                sell them or publish them in book form in future. You have, in effect, stolen
                my property and are freely distributing same. That it's not available
                elsewhere is not the issue; we all want things we can't have, or which are not
                currently available. I'm asking you politely, as the guy who *made* this show
                and *wrote* those scripts (and *owns* those scripts) for you to stop. If it
                doesn't stop, I'm going to have to start taking action against those doing
                this. (I've been giving my attorneys quite a workout lately, inclusive of
                making sure that a certain individual who has been fabricating stuff about me
                for six years on the unmoderated group...will do so no longer.)
                JMS News

JMS asked people to stop sending out the scripts and you're doing it right here on the official archive site?

Shame on each and every one of you!
                "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Thanks, OmahaStar, you beat me to it. Obviously the number of people who've actually *read* JMS' posts are in the minority here.

Or these are among the idiots who thing that they're 'entitled' to the scripts on the basis of being 'fans'. Some fans.

Or they didn't understand that big word "bootleg" is another word for stealing.

Surely they're not stupid enough to think that just because JMS doesn't post here that he might not read this forum? Maybe what it'll take for people to respect his property is for JMS to take a few to court. After all, they can't claim that they didn't know it was wrong *since I posted that it was*.

Rudeness and stupidity in one package. How efficient of them.

Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                    Thanks, OmahaStar, you beat me to it. Obviously the number of people who've actually *read* JMS' posts are in the minority here.
                    Actually, I have read by far the vast majority of them, but maybe my short attention span keeps me from remembering anything posted past the line that says "-- and two annoying little nigglies to round it out to 10 --"

Now, I agree that if JMS doesn't want me to read the script again, I shouldn't do so. And if he doesn't want the scripts passed around, we shouldn't pass them.

Now, JMS called this an "annoying little nigglie." You call it "rudeness and stupidity." Quite frankly, I will take my cue from JMS and treat your obnoxious tirade as an "annoying little nigglie."

OmahaStar, I thought your post was right on. Not a tirade, a presentation of the facts. I didn't recall that JMS message, and actually never had any idea that the scripts were not SUPPOSED to be downloadable!

And I assume that both you and Jan have destroyed any copies of this stolen property that you ever possessed.
                    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

And I assume that both you and Jan have destroyed any copies of this stolen property that you ever possessed.
                      Just for the record, *none* of my script copies are illegal and I have all but two of the them - B5 pilot, B5 episodes, Crusade and movies including the 3 unproduced Crusade scripts and one unproduced Season 5 episode written by Peter David and Bill Mumy. I bought most of them from a crew member, a couple from cast members, a couple from the script writers and one was from the Fan Club.

As for my post being rude, perhaps I should apologize to anybody here who's never heard of "Copyright". Does that apply to you?

And for those interested, I have written a synopsis of the David/Mumy script "Gut Reactions" if you'd like me to email it to you.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler
                        OmahaStar, I thought your post was right on. Not a tirade, a presentation of the facts. I didn't recall that JMS message, and actually never had any idea that the scripts were not SUPPOSED to be downloadable!

They weren't downloadable at all. They were available to read on www.bookface.com, which has since shut down. They were posted in a format which could not be downloaded, could not be cut and paste or copied except by hand. Some people opened up the script pages and opened up Word or some other word processing program and re-typed the script word for word. To read the scripts, you had to agree NOT to do this, not to download, etc. Some people decided not to obey the rules, and ruined it for the rest of us.

I don't have any copies of stolen property. I bought "Value Judgements" from Fiona Avery (You can see the front cover here ). I read To the Ends of the Earth and End of the Line when they were available, and that's how I got the quotes from those two episodes on my site.

I also have the script for Legend of the Rangers and the cancelled game Into the Fire (always nice to see Jane and President Luchenko), which were purchased from crewmembers.

Now, I believe you were accusing Jan and me of something?

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                          As for my post being rude, perhaps I should apologize to anybody here who's never heard of "Copyright". Does that apply to you?

Jan
                          Jan, isn't it amazing how quickly people will attack you when you point out their illegal activity?

Comment

Originally posted by Jan

...the idiots who thing that they're 'entitled' to the scripts on the basis of being 'fans'. Some fans. Rudeness and stupidity in one package. How efficient of them.

questions/comments:

(1) Why is the rudeness and insults necessary? ANSWER: It Is Not.

(2) I didn't know the scripts were copyrighted, because I thought JMS had released them as PUBLIC DOMAIN for the fans. Authors do that sometimes.

(3) I was mainly curious about where the show was going. I had heard that episode 15 was a major plot episode similar in impact to "Signs and Portents" and wanted to see for myself.

(4) I never saw that message from JMS. But I do note that he was NOT rude... like you were. That's why I respect JMS, because he's a class act.

You're not.

Instead you act like an elementary school brat: Quick to name-calling.

Anyway, I will respect JMS' wishes. As I do with all things. I once asked him, "Do you get any money from the DVD sales?" because I feel he deserves to get profit for all his hard work. (Sadly he gets almost nothing.)

So, I will send JMS a note requesting he make the scripts available in some future book... maybe as a bonus.

Last edited by RCmodeler; 03-15-2004, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar
                              Jan, isn't it amazing how quickly people will attack you when you point out their illegal activity?
                              Especially when it's pointed out *before* they start doing it, they do it anyway and then get upset when they're called on it. It's only natural in that case to ascribe their own behavior on the ones who disagree with what they're doing.

Amazing indeed.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X