Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    It so good to have something to look forward to from the B5 universe.

The way Crusade was smothered at birth was tragic and I didn't care much for LOTR (no! not the Peter Jackson films).

This looks good and the method of distribution may give JMS and co the chance to take chances.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lunan View Post
    (oh and the "spoiler" is stuff i remeber reading quite awhile back, except for the treey rothyl bit, hope that bits true)
    It's true:

Subject: Live from the B5 Set
    To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
    Date: 11/22/2006 4:53:50 PM
    No Thread

Just a quick hello direct from the set of Babylon 5: The Lost Tales.
    It's 4:51 p.m. and we just finished lunch (crew call at 10 a.m. lunch
    at 4). Bruce Boxleitner just completed a series of shots in a
    Starfury, his first time back in the saddle. We're ahead of schedule
    and might actually wrap filming a day early. (It always goes faster if
    you don't actually put film in the camera.) We've introduced a new
    Centauri character -- Prince Regent Vintari, third from the throne -- a
    new ISN reporter played by Teryl Rothery, a priest played by Alan
    Scarfe, and a character who may have come too close to certain dark
    forces played by Bruce Ramsey. Part One of "Voices in the Dark"
    wrapped on Friday, and we should have part two done tomorrow, after a
    long sequence shooting in the hallway of a new Minbari Presidential
    Cruiser built for the Interstellar Alliance.

jms

Leave a comment:

• Lunan
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth_librarian View Post
    Has it been that long since there's been any B5 to spoil ?
    YES!

(oh and the "spoiler" is stuff i remeber reading quite awhile back, except for the treey rothyl bit, hope that bits true)

Leave a comment:

• Darth_librarian
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
    What's a Spolier ... and why do I need to be warned about one.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Has it been that long since there's been any B5 to spoil ?

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    What's a Spolier ... and why do I need to be warned about one.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Leave a comment:

• Darth_librarian
    replied
    SPOLIER WARNING -gateworld synopsis

Gateworld has a fairly detailed synopsis of the first two stories. Sounds accurate, and interesting if it is. OBviously, its a huge spoiler as well...

SPOLIER WARNING!

http://www.gateworld.net/babylon5/mo...nthedark.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Shadow-Sentient
    replied
    per release dates, imdb has this:

Release dates for
    Babylon 5: The Lost Tales - Voices in the Dark (2007) (V)
    advertisement Country Date
    USA 24 July 2007
    USA 27 July 2007 (San Diego Comicon)
    Germany August 2007

Also Known As (AKA)
    Babylon 5: The Lost Tales USA (working title)

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
    Just look at JMS's intro in the new script book when talking about WB trying to persuade TNT that B5 was completeafter just four seasons.
    Hey Joe ... given that those of use poor boobs who don't live in the US are going to have to wait several more days before our script books arrive, can you keep the spoilers in the spoiler thread ...

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
    There goes Jan's hair again.
    That was paper! Paper, I tell you!

Sheesh....
    Jan
    (who's always been happy to split posts off to their own thread if people want me to. I live to serve and all that...)

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Having read all of the Dresden Files books, I've got to say I have a few problems with the series, not including Paul Blackthorne who I think is very good. It's just silly little stuff that continues to annoy me. For example what's the point of filling his place with candles because his magical powers short out just about anything technological in nature, and then as I noticed in last night's episode, put a pinball machine in the middle of the floor?

Incidentally, that sound you heard was Jan tearing her hair out as we verr wildly off topic. Maybe to bring us around full circle to the Lost Tales, if the project is basically being done as a direct-to-video, I don't see them selling a terrestrial air date, because common sense would dictate it would just cut into video sales. But that said, when has Warners ever used anything related to common sense when it pertained to Babylon 5. Just look at JMS's intro in the new script book when talking about WB trying to persuade TNT that B5 was completeafter just four seasons.

There goes Jan's hair again.

Leave a comment:

• AaronB
    replied
    Originally posted by colonyearth View Post
    Hey, I like Dresden...it's fun!
    I agree. It's a good watch.

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by Radhil View Post
    One thing I know has no fans that I'm trying to watch: Dresden. Yeah, it's schtick. But it's likeable, like SG has been, and it lowers my bar so I don't take the good stuff for granted. Like most fans do. (see how I tied in a pointless rant right there?)

Hey, I like Dresden...it's fun!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    As of JMS announcing the project last July, he said that at that time a network was interested in carrying the Lost Tales but nothing had been settled. There hasn't been any update on that since so as far as we know, it's still a direct-to-DVD project.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• qstor
    replied
    lost tales

Has anyone seen anything to indication that LT might be on the Sci-Fi Channel first before going to DVD? Or is WB having it straight to DVD?

thanks

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Without wanting to jumble this thread too far away from where it started ... i.e. B5:TLT, there are a number of issues doing the rounds here, and some thoughts just leapt in there.

It seems to me that not counting TIVO recordings in rating figures is perfectly logical with the TV business model the way it is. Like it or not, advertisers still pay a big chunk of the funds needed to make these shows, so TV networks need to be able to sell their advertising space based on those people watching who are not just fast-forwarding through the commercial breaks. Simple economics, surely?

Now it is clear that the TV business model will have to change over the next few years ... and B5:TLT (and other things) going straight to DVD is one part of that. If these first few efforts are profitable without TV airings, then surely it will take off as a medium in its own right - just as vinyl records (and subsequently cassettes and CDs) took off so we don't have to rely on the radio to play the music that we want to hear when we want to hear it.

There are, however, two competing movements in TVs future as far as I can see.

On the one hand TV and DVD is moving towards High-Def, surround sound, superior picture quality etc. etc. On the other, there is increasing demand for on-demand services and downloadable movies and TV shows.

To an extent, those two things are surely mutually exclusive - on demand through digital TV delivery is all well and good, but we are an awfully long way away from widespread internet connections fast and powerful enough to download movie and TV content in HD quality.

While those things shake themselves into some sort of sustainable order, I imagine the current model of normal definition (for want of a better term) will continue with broadcast schedules and advertising revenue ruling the roost.

And has anyone done any research into what proportion of the TV watching public is actually clamouring for more than they are already getting? Here in the UK there are many people resentful of being forced to get digital TV in order that the government can switch off the analogue system sometime in the next 10 years.

If the majority of TV watchers aren't bothered about HD and on-demand, then it seems unlikely that the networks will place those things as a priority over and above the current system.

Music is moving on - now that the official UK chart includes downloads (so a track doesn't even need to be released as a single to make number one in the singles charts) I imagine the record companies will stop releasing singles soon, leaving CD albums and individual song downloads as the most common formats.

TV is already decades behind on that sort of delivery system.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X