Babylon 5- The Lost Tales *SPOILERS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Jan;36300][QUOTE=KoshN;36299]
    When the original B5 wrapped, all the wireframes, set pieces, wardrobe, designs, and renderings of the station, ships, planets, and everything was handed over to WB, which requested nothing be copied for personal archives.
    What makes you think they'd act otherwise? The bit that you quoted is no more than standard business practice as is complying with same. What they produced was work for hire and had as much business being taken home as the memos or spreadsheets I produce at work - none.

My reaction to that paragraph was kind of a wink-and-nod, though. Seems to me that if some personal archives from the former staff were quietly collected and used, it'd be a bit of protection for those folks to publicly claim that recreated fan files were used. Who knows, might be a mixture of both.

Jan
    Yeah, I'm curious about that myself. A few years ago, I download fan created LightWave models of a few of the ships. So I know there were a few of them out there. Heck, what was that site that actually came up with a little B5 movie clip? It showed a EA task force getting stomped by some Minbaris, and had one of the EA ships ramming a Minbari cruiser.

Anyways so there is a number of fan based models out there, but I wonder if someone did stretch the rules on the original stuff...
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

• Originally posted by NotKosh View Post
      Isn't this an impossibility? Given B5's orbit as shown in the series, at the L-5 point of Epsilon 3, the planet needs to be there! Just nitpicking.
      The planet may be behind the viewer.

From the planet side the space station's zero gravity landing arms should be on the left. So the picture is either upside down or left to right.
      Andrew Swallow

Comment

• It's also a graphic being used as a header on a website, so perhaps they just felt it looked better without Epsilon 3 in it.

Sometimes I think people here read way too much into every little detail.
        The Optimist: The glass is half full
        The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
        The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

• Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
          Sometimes I think people here read way too much into every little detail.
          If I had a penny for every time I heard this sentence uttered in places where fandoms hang out...

Comment

• Originally posted by NotKosh View Post
            Heck, what was that site that actually came up with a little B5 movie clip? It showed a EA task force getting stomped by some Minbaris, and had one of the EA ships ramming a Minbari cruiser.
            Are you refering to Babylon 5 Animations?

The only ramming I ever did was in my recreation of the "Severed Dreams" battle, and that was with two Omega's of course (I took the animation down though, since I was not wholly satisfied with it).

From my feeling, the planet is just one pixel outside of the picture in the bottom right corner (that's how I used to cheat and save rendering power: you frame the shot so, to have it just outside of the camera view )
            Zoltan
            Confirmed User
            Last edited by Zoltan; 03-28-2007, 02:23 AM. Reason: Kosh, Ulkesh, KoshN, NotKosh... You're all singing the song! :)
            Babylon 5 Animations

Comment

• I never said that. Quotes got screwed up. NotKosh said that in
              http://www.jmsnews.com/Forums/showpo...&postcount=736
              KoshN
              Vorlon Technomage
              Last edited by KoshN; 03-27-2007, 11:08 AM.
              Mac Breck (KoshN)
              ------------------
              Warner Brothers is Lucy.
              JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
              Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
                Are you refering to Babylon 5 Animations?

The only ramming I ever did was in my recreation of the "Severed Dreams" battle, and that was with two Omega's of course (I took the animation down though, since I was not wholly satisfied with it).

From my feeling, the planet is just one pixel outside of the picture in the bottom right corner (that's how I used to cheat and save rendering power: you frame the shot so, to have it just outside of the camera view )
                Um, no.

This was something I think I downloaded off of firstones.com, kind of a little promo clip for "I Found Her", I think. The scene was not series related, more like a random battle form the Earth Minbari War.
                "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

• The Lost Tales is listed @ Amazon!
                  My UHD, Blu-Ray and DVD Collection

Comment

• And it's now on my Amazon wish list!
                    Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

• I added it to my alerts and wish list, too. Though it's not exactly likely I'll wait for somebody to buy it for me. Thanks for the heads up, Lope de Aguirre.

Jan
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Woo, turned on the alert here too.

Comment

• play

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet?

Comment

• "Due for release on 03/09/2007"

Booooo! Hope this ins't true. It'd be rubbish if the Region 2 release is very much behind the Region 1 date.

Comment

• Bummer if it's true, but two months behind R1 isn't near as bad as I'd feared it might have been, and at least there is a date now..

Comment

• Yeah, that would actually be a pretty decent R2 release date. And play.com's price is pretty nice too.

Comment

Working...
                                X