• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    grumbler
    Confirmed User

• grumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Peter Jurasik hasn't written any B5 novels. He did write a sci-fi book but it wasn't B5.

Jan
    Ditto for Bruce Boxleitner, whose two books I thought were actually quite good. I was disappointed that they didn't extend the series.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred Taylor
    Secondly, Peter Jurasik has written some Babylon-5 novels, and I equated them with the great works of William Shatner. If I overstated my position, I apologize.
    Peter Jurasik hasn't written any B5 novels. He did write a sci-fi book but it wasn't B5.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Alfred Taylor
    Alfred Taylor

• Alfred Taylor
    replied
    Didn't mean to upset anyone.

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to explain my position. I didn't mean to upset anyone, but I'm so impressed with what JMS has done with the small screen, I don't want anything to destroy that image. I'm surprised that JMS hasn't done anything for the Big Screen. He delivers his films on time and usually under budget, and I would think that would be something that the execs in Hollywood would want to exploit, but Yea I digress.

I've been burned a few times with Star Trek novels, and I made the poor assumption that the Babylon-5 novels would be similar. I based that upon two things. First, I read the first half of book #1, and I wasn't impressed. I'll probably finish it over Christmas break, so I guess I should reserve judgement until then. Secondly, Peter Jurasik has written some Babylon-5 novels, and I equated them with the great works of William Shatner. If I overstated my position, I apologize.

Leave a comment:

• Dustin_S
    "First One" Fanboy

• Dustin_S
    replied
    The worst one I've read so far was "The touch of your shadow, the whisper of your name." I say it's the worst one yet, but that's only cause the others (of course) were so good. "Touch of your shadow..." is still a fine read, though some things seem odd, like walking into a room that's been repainted a few shades to light.

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    Sleeping In Light

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino
    I'll have to dig around a bit myself. I you look at the posting dates on the messages you linked to above, you'll see the ones that most emphatically say "these are canon" are the older ones, and those that back off a bit are more recent. I'd also take any comments that suggest the other Dell books were in any way canon with a grain of salt. Those were nearly all written while Dell still held the license and was turning out books. What did you expect the guy to say?

Joe
    I've read most of the Dell books, and while I don't consider them the greatest works of fiction ever, they certainly don't contradict the show by any means in terms of the events that happen in them. The characters act a little differently than normal at times, but it wasn't even that bad as far as I remember. I see no reason to completely discount them.

Jon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X