Babylon 5- The Lost Tales *SPOILERS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro
    I did an interview with Doctor Who producer Russell T. Davies some months back where we talked about this very subject, and his feeling was that there is certain area of fandom who are only happy being not happy. He likened it to one of the Manchester football teams (not Manchester United) whose fans only seem to be happy when their team is losing. There seems to be a certain wisdom to that thought, as some of the previous posts seem to demonstrate.
    I'm not sure this is entirely the same point as a lot of people have MANY fully justified problems with the way RTD is handling the show (his writing is consistently the weakest), and his attitude towards fans comes across as EXCEPTIONALLY smug and arrogant.

Comment

• Not to worry, Ulkosh. JMS made it clear that he and Bruce and the others know that it's just a small group who enjoy these games.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan
        Welcome back, Shivkala! Glad to hear life is treating you well.

Jan
        Thank you Jan!

BTW I ordered seasons 3 and 4 last week at the price of $47.99 from amazon. This week I just noticed all B5 seasons are $29.99! I wonder if they'll go up to full price again before TLT comes out....
        "You are now what we need you to be..."

Comment

• Quick note that I've edited the credit for the photo link I posted earlier. If you didn't recognize the name I put up earlier, it's because it should have been our own SciFi Ranger. Sorry 'bout that!

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shivkala
            Thank you Jan!

BTW I ordered seasons 3 and 4 last week at the price of $47.99 from amazon. This week I just noticed all B5 seasons are $29.99! I wonder if they'll go up to full price again before TLT comes out....

I am pretty sure that the sale will be only a limited time, since its the holiday season. There will probably be lots of dvd sets being heavily discounted until xmas is over

Comment

• The offer price has a final date so they probably intend to increase it.
              Andrew Swallow

Comment

• News from JMS:
                Just a quick hello direct from the set of Babylon 5: The Lost Tales.
                It's 4:51 p.m. and we just finished lunch (crew call at 10 a.m. lunch
                at 4). Bruce Boxleitner just completed a series of shots in a
                Starfury, his first time back in the saddle. We're ahead of schedule
                and might actually wrap filming a day early. (It always goes faster if
                you don't actually put film in the camera.) We've introduced a new
                Centauri character -- Prince Regent Vintari, third from the throne -- a
                new ISN reporter played by Teryl Rothery, a priest played by Alan
                Scarfe, and a character who may have come too close to certain dark
                forces played by Bruce Ramsey. Part One of "Voices in the Dark"
                wrapped on Friday, and we should have part two done tomorrow, after a
                long sequence shooting in the hallway of a new Minbari Presidential
                Cruiser built for the Interstellar Alliance.

jms
                Sounds good, very good.

Comment

• Can't wait!

Comment

• Agreed completely, Sigma!

Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by JMS
                      -- a
                      new ISN reporter played by Teryl Rothery,
                      Omaha Star isn't going to be happy about that.

It is good to see Teryl doing more work with JMS.
                      ---
                      Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
                      www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

• I daresay it makes a difference that Teryl Rothery is a Vancouver native.
                        The Optimist: The glass is half full
                        The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                        The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

• Hmmmm...I don't see a new page for the project over at The Lurker's Guide. Has the person behind that moved on to other things?
                          Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

• When are TLT available? June is it? It always is a long road....isn't it?

I'm very excited. Sheridan in a Starfury once again....New Centauri character, etc...peaks the curiosity.
                            "You are now what we need you to be..."

Comment

• I like the title - "Voices in the Dark". It sounds simple, but I'm hoping it's an episode that packs a punch. Often in the B5 universe the simplest titles have the most dramatic story.
                              Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoo Junky
                                I like the title - "Voices in the Dark". It sounds simple, but I'm hoping it's an episode that packs a punch. Often in the B5 universe the simplest titles have the most dramatic story.
                                Isn't that the truth?! I was just mentioning that the other day to a friend who's watching for the first time. Gotta watch out for the seemingly innocent episode titles because that's when JMS is sneaking up to whack us upside the head.

Beautiful pain....

Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X