KoshN
    Vorlon Technomage

• KoshN
    replied
    I never said that. Quotes got screwed up. NotKosh said that in
    http://www.jmsnews.com/Forums/showpo...&postcount=736
    KoshN
    Vorlon Technomage
    Last edited by KoshN; 03-27-2007, 11:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zoltan
    Confirmed User

• Zoltan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotKosh View Post
    Heck, what was that site that actually came up with a little B5 movie clip? It showed a EA task force getting stomped by some Minbaris, and had one of the EA ships ramming a Minbari cruiser.
    Are you refering to Babylon 5 Animations?

The only ramming I ever did was in my recreation of the "Severed Dreams" battle, and that was with two Omega's of course (I took the animation down though, since I was not wholly satisfied with it).

From my feeling, the planet is just one pixel outside of the picture in the bottom right corner (that's how I used to cheat and save rendering power: you frame the shot so, to have it just outside of the camera view )
    Zoltan
    Confirmed User
    Last edited by Zoltan; 03-28-2007, 02:23 AM. Reason: Kosh, Ulkesh, KoshN, NotKosh... You're all singing the song! :)

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    Confirmed User

• Shabaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
    Sometimes I think people here read way too much into every little detail.
    If I had a penny for every time I heard this sentence uttered in places where fandoms hang out...

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    Busy! Busy! Busy!

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    It's also a graphic being used as a header on a website, so perhaps they just felt it looked better without Epsilon 3 in it.

Sometimes I think people here read way too much into every little detail.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    Confirmed User

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    Originally posted by NotKosh View Post
    Isn't this an impossibility? Given B5's orbit as shown in the series, at the L-5 point of Epsilon 3, the planet needs to be there! Just nitpicking.
    The planet may be behind the viewer.

From the planet side the space station's zero gravity landing arms should be on the left. So the picture is either upside down or left to right.

Leave a comment:

• NotKosh
    Confirmed User

• NotKosh
    replied
    [QUOTE=Jan;36300][QUOTE=KoshN;36299]
    When the original B5 wrapped, all the wireframes, set pieces, wardrobe, designs, and renderings of the station, ships, planets, and everything was handed over to WB, which requested nothing be copied for personal archives.
    What makes you think they'd act otherwise? The bit that you quoted is no more than standard business practice as is complying with same. What they produced was work for hire and had as much business being taken home as the memos or spreadsheets I produce at work - none.

My reaction to that paragraph was kind of a wink-and-nod, though. Seems to me that if some personal archives from the former staff were quietly collected and used, it'd be a bit of protection for those folks to publicly claim that recreated fan files were used. Who knows, might be a mixture of both.

Jan
    Yeah, I'm curious about that myself. A few years ago, I download fan created LightWave models of a few of the ships. So I know there were a few of them out there. Heck, what was that site that actually came up with a little B5 movie clip? It showed a EA task force getting stomped by some Minbaris, and had one of the EA ships ramming a Minbari cruiser.

Anyways so there is a number of fan based models out there, but I wonder if someone did stretch the rules on the original stuff...

Leave a comment:

• NotKosh
    Confirmed User

• NotKosh
    replied
    Generic question. This may or may not have been posted before. Given the new B5 art/CGI we see below

Isn't this an impossibility? Given B5's orbit as shown in the series, at the L-5 point of Epsilon 3, the planet needs to be there! Just nitpicking.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    As is the way of things, Shabaz's post to the newsgroup about the podcast being posted took a few days to show and by then it had been pulled. JMS wrote this in reply to Shabaz' note that it had been pulled at JMS's request:

Yeah, I had the piece pulled because a) I hadn't been told they were
    going to be taping the appearance and putting it up there, and b)
    there's stuff from the blogs that should not be out there because
    they're still in progress. (The delay in posting the blogs has been
    in waiting for the final CGI to be delivered in those cases where we
    have before and after shots...which is nearly all of the blogs.)
    Sheesh...not the first mistake that this con made, I'm afraid.

There's more to the post but this is all that's relevant to NYCC.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    Confirmed User

• Shabaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
    Frankly, a little disappointed in the same way as I was with the LotR theme music. There didn't seem to be a strong theme underpinning the whole, and it sounded a little thin compared to the big, epic sound that CF got with his original series themes.
    I personally liked the LotR music. And I actually thought the TLT music thematically sounded closest to the season 5 theme, but a good deal grander and pretty fresh and new sounding. Also, I think most of the thin sounding stuff is probably because recordings like this wreak havoc on sounds with high dynamic ranges, i.e. music. It sounded pretty orchestral and big to me, and while it is really muted because of the recording, there is some really cool sounding choral stuff at the end of the theme (after the voice over).
    Shabaz
    Confirmed User
    Last edited by Shabaz; 03-16-2007, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I liked the new music a lot. For me it's a nice balance of old and new and, most importantly, it worked well with the visuals.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    Busy! Busy! Busy!

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Finally got around to listening to this last night ... only really interested in hearing the new music - happy to wait for the DVDs to see the blogs in all their , erm, glory.

Frankly, a little disappointed in the same way as I was with the LotR theme music. There didn't seem to be a strong theme underpinning the whole, and it sounded a little thin compared to the big, epic sound that CF got with his original series themes.

I would normally be prepared to put that down to the problems of listening to an mp3 of a recording from a live event, but they are the same two issues I had with the Rangers theme. Just a bit "meh!" for me ... and I am a big fan of Franke's stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    Confirmed User

• Shabaz
    replied
    Ok, that was fast, I just got a reply.
    Hey Shabaz,

Thank you for your note. Indeed you are right. We unfortunately did have
    to pull the post down. JMS requested that we do so, and we did,
    immediately. It takes up to 24 hours sometimes for Feedburner to catch up
    to changes in the blog and posts, which is why it was still up there.
    Confusing. I just checked, and it's now off our feed as well.

I too am bummed. I don't like posting and then pulling down. But such is
    life.

We have lots more stuff coming, so stay tuned. I hope we'll be able to give
    you more good stuff that you and your friends enjoy.

Rob
    In light of said request from JMS, I removed the direct link to the MP3 in my previous post. I suppose you can still find it, but as a courtesy to him I won't go passing around the link.

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    Confirmed User

• Shabaz
    replied
    Like I said at B5TV, it's still part of the podcast, it's just the blog entry in their wordpress/podpress frontend that is gone for some reason. But you can still go to nycc.com and subscribe to the RSS feed with your favourite podcatcher, or get the MP3 file from the place the feed ispointing at. In the meanwhile I send them an e-mail to ask them what's up, and telling them that if it was their intention to pull they screwed up, and if it wasn't their intention, they still screwed up.

Also, don't you guys download your podcasts? I mean, the little PodPress flash players are handy, but you're allowed to download podcasts, since downloading the MP3 really is the standard behaviour. In fact, if you plan at all on listening to something multiple times, downloading is probably the preferred behaviour.

edit: Links removed as a courtesy, see next post.
    Shabaz
    Confirmed User
    Last edited by Shabaz; 03-15-2007, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Just a guess but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't supposed to have included the audio of the blogs. I love the new compostion, too.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• RMcD
    Confirmed User

• RMcD
    replied
    In that case I'm so glad I decided to stay up late last night to listen to it, because I very nearly didn't. The new music and narration sounded great (actually I'm sorry now I can't listen to it again) - can't wait to see how it plays with the images that go with it. I wonder if it was pulled because they hadn't got the proper clearances, or for some other reason?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X