Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AmyG
    replied
    First off, let me just say that I am delighted to see the confirmation of the cast. So, now we know for sure that it's Sheridan, Lochley, and Galen. (Or is that Lochley no-comma and Galen?) Is it time to start speculating on stories?

Secondly, I don't know how I missed what was going on in this thread in recent days, but thanks for the compliments (Phaze particularly), and as Jan says, we're just friends. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But while we're on the subject of me <g>, the Finesse contest is heating up, and more competitors are entering every day -- so I need your votes! Please be sure to vote me a 10, and my closest competitors a 1. That is, if you want to be able to say, "Hey, even models are Babylon 5 fans!" Because if I win, I get that hair modeling contract...

Contest link is below, in my sig. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Whyruss
    replied
    year ok - happy was perhaps the wrong word. Let's say I wasn't happy with the closing of all major story arcs at the end...

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    A good chunk of Centauri Prime is newly kibbled, you have the inevitable death of G'Kar and Londo, Vir is about as dark as he can get with the whole rebellion thing, and you call that a happy ending?

David was more or less a side-show. And an excuse for a grand Garibaldi finish. That's it.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Originally posted by Whyruss
    and I don't like this closed (and happy) ending of the Centauri trilogie... (the "problem" with David was solved too easily)
    But that was JMS's solution. He outlined the books and he approved the final texts, so if he wanted something else, he had plenty of time to make the change. The urn was never more than a way to get Sheridan and Delenn to Centauri Prime in 2278 so that he could have his timeflash in "War Without End". It was never intended to be a major story in its own right.

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Whyruss
    replied
    Cool to see the cast - I like that ^^
    About Samm Barnes... I don't know... I'd prefer all scripts written bei JMS
    To all who read the trilogies: They are fun to read but B5 (the series) is on a whole other level - and I don't like this closed (and happy) ending of the Centauri trilogie... (the "problem" with David was solved too easily)

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Oh, I dunno. He never meant to write so much of B5 after all. And there's no hint of an arc so far in the Lost Tales. He let others do the trilogies, remember.

Jan
    That's a good point. Still, when it comes to B5 on any sort of film, JMS has had an insane amount of control over the projects, and for the trilogies he still wrote intensive outlines.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Oh, I dunno. He never meant to write so much of B5 after all. And there's no hint of an arc so far in the Lost Tales. He let others do the trilogies, remember.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Yeah, that's great news. I wonder if she might eventually write any of the Tales? I loved her episodes of 'Jeremiah'.

Jan

I did too. I doubt JMS is going to allow someone else to write B5 at this point though heh.

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Sigma
    Don't know if this is already mentioned, crew of TLT from BC Filmcomission website (http://www.bcfilmcommission.com/data...312d98ca.pdf):

BABYLON 5
    THE LOST TALES
    Lost Tales Productions Inc.
    Exec. Prods: Douglas Netter
    J. Michael Straczynski
    Producer: Samm Barnes
    Line Producer: Lisa Towers
    Director: J. Michael Straczynski
    DOP: Karl Herrmann
    PD: Jill Scott
    PM: Lynne Bespflug
    PC: Fawn McDonald
    Cast: Bruce Boxleitner,
    Tracy Scoggins,
    Peter Woodward
    Casting: Candice Elzinga
    Sched: Nov 13 - Nov 24/06
    Yup, there is some interesting info in there. I posted this and some similar listings in a B5TV.com thread over here earlier today. Only a few more days to go until start of shooting now.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow
    And notice Samm Barnes has jumped aboard another JMS project.
    Yeah, that's great news. I wonder if she might eventually write any of the Tales? I loved her episodes of 'Jeremiah'.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Sigma
    Don't know if this is already mentioned, crew of TLT from BC Filmcomission website (http://www.bcfilmcommission.com/data...312d98ca.pdf):

BABYLON 5
    THE LOST TALES
    J. Michael Straczynski
    Tracy Scoggins,
    Peter Woodward

Bruce Boxleitner!!! Woooo. We got the team goin' on. And notice Samm Barnes has jumped aboard another JMS project.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    That link won't work as it's a downloadable .pdf file. http://www.bcfilmcommission.com/news/film_lists.php will take you to a page where you can get the entire list of films but Sigma's already copied the information.

Thanks, Sigma!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Sigma
    replied

BABYLON 5
    THE LOST TALES
    J. Michael Straczynski
    Tracy Scoggins,
    Peter Woodward
    Last edited by Sigma; 11-09-2006, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NotKosh
    replied
    Originally posted by B5_Obsessed
    For Teep War exposition, you need to briefly acquaint the audience with the Psi Corps, the Vorlons, the nature and purpose of telepaths in the B5 universe, Lyta's status as super-teep, her grudge over the Byron fiasco, and her deal with Garibaldi.
    I disagree, you can omit the Vorlons and Byron. Neither one of those entered into the Edgars' Telepath Mars story, and it somehow made perfect sense. You don't need much more exposition than the Garibaldi-Edgars discussion about the threat of teeps to mundanes. For all the new people it doesn't matter if telepaths magically sprang out of thin air for the purposes of the story.
    Last edited by NotKosh; 11-02-2006, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NotKosh
    replied
    What I want, is an episode with Claudia, and Jason Carter, to rectify what should have happened in S5 (or after). As can originally be inferred as to what JMS wanted by Marcus' inclusion in the Crusade Writers Bible. He can always say nevermind to the short he wrote, and we get Marcus Back!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X