X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG
    I guess this is the replacement sport for those who -- because of the confirmation that filming has actually begun -- can no longer say "I'll believe it when I have the disk in my hand"...?
    Good point. Except that this is the contingent who wouldn't believe it until they've downloaded a bootleg copy.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino
    Not that any of those clowns will believe that the jackets Bruce brought were the real ones. Obviously they are recently-created replicas and part of a disinformation campaign that Bruce is running.
    Or the jackets in the photo will have been Photoshopped.

I guess this is the replacement sport for those who -- because of the confirmation that filming has actually begun -- can no longer say "I'll believe it when I have the disk in my hand"...?

Amy

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    I don't know what's been written over in the UK, and frankly, I really don't want to know. But it's probably safe to assume that the one thing these fans have assured is that once some of the B5 cast go back on the convention circuit to talk about the new B5, they'll probably just skip any UK appearances to avoid getting involved, thus ruining things for the British fans have nothing to do with any of this.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    I cringed when I realized that Bruce had read some of the things that had been written over there.
    I hope that he hasn't, and that he's only learned of the general tenor of the converstation over there and a few specific bits of nonsense at second hand, from fans.

Not that any of those clowns will believe that the jackets Bruce brought were the real ones. Obviously they are recently-created replicas and part of a disinformation campaign that Bruce is running. We're not entirely sure how, but the rumor is that both Karl Rove and George Soros were involved in setting this up.

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    It may show up on the scripts site, too, since he said it would be posted elsewhere also. But I'm sure we'll get it posted asap, Spoo Junky!

I'm looking forward to reading about JMS's Adventures in Directorland.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    JMS says he'll be sending an update via the scripts mailing list. I have trouble getting that due to filters, etc. so could someone post it here? I'm anxious to see what he has to say.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    I did an interview with Doctor Who producer Russell T. Davies some months back where we talked about this very subject, and his feeling was that there is certain area of fandom who are only happy being not happy. He likened it to one of the Manchester football teams (not Manchester United) whose fans only seem to be happy when their team is losing. There seems to be a certain wisdom to that thought, as some of the previous posts seem to demonstrate.

Leave a comment:

• moreorless
    replied
    Originally posted by DeMonk
    Why bother? Just ignore what you don't like and ENJOY, SUPPORT, STICK YOUR NECK OUT for what you do like. It's a lot more fun!

Jealousy of his success perhaps?

M. Christine
    I can't speak for this case but sadly the thing that too many people on the net "like" best is causing trouble for its own sake and to attract attension to themselves.

Leave a comment:

• DeMonk
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    ... who delight in slagging JMS at every opportunity and anybody who's demonstrated loyalty, like Bruce, end up getting splashed by their bile.
    Jan
    Why bother? Just ignore what you don't like and ENJOY, SUPPORT, STICK YOUR NECK OUT for what you do like. It's a lot more fun!

Jealousy of his success perhaps?

M. Christine

Leave a comment:

• johnb uk
    replied
    UK Fan

Well I would like to say that I disassociate myself totally from any of that mud-slinging. Regrettably similar antics happen on other forums that have absolutely nothing to do with sci-fi.
    My advice to Bruce, JMS and anyone else affected by this is to ignore it, they're not worth getting upset over. Fortunately whilst they may be loud I doubt that there's many of them.

All power to what is being done on the B5 front, I can't wait to get the TLT DVDs. Only question is, when is Delenn coming back?????

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I cringed when I realized that Bruce had read some of the things that had been written over there.

For those just tuning in, there's a contingent of supposed B5 fans on some of the UK newsgroups who delight in slagging JMS at every opportunity and anybody who's demonstrated loyalty, like Bruce, end up getting splashed by their bile.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    The news, of course, is great -- I love that they're running under scheduled time already! -- but even better is the thing about Bruce and the jackets. I have to give major props to Bruce for actually bringing the jackets up to Vancouver with him, giving them a really good opportunity to quash those rumors. Now, if we had such a handy way of disposing of certain other, years-long, damaging rumors....

Leave a comment:

• Joansie
    replied
    That's a triple Woo Hoo!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Latest post from JMS:

Title: Quickie jms report
    Author: [email protected]
    Date: 16 Nov 2006 00:07:58 -0800
    Message-ID: <[email protected] com>

This will be brief, because it's late and I have an early call tomorrow
    -- a longer update will be coming soon via the B5scripts.com mailing
    list and elsewhere soon -- but I just wanted to let folks know that
    filming is going very well. We're three days in, and so far we're
    ahead of schedule, usually about an hour or two. We actually moved a
    couple of shots up from tomorrow's call sheet to today. It's just
    going really well.

The B5 we see here is similar to but somewhat more sophisticated or
    rethought in places. For instance, in B5 halls we used to have wooden
    strips painted green or blue or red to signal various sectors. Here we
    ran these really lovely light panels that can change colors and at the
    same time add a light source and warm up the halls. We also went back
    to the original B5 blueprints and found some elements that we wanted to
    do in the show but couldn't, and we've incorporated them into the new
    sets. We're also re-engineering the look of B5, the starfuries,
    various alien ships and the like.

Tonight there was a dinner with Doug, me, Tracy and Bruce, with Peter
    Woodward scheduled to fly in tomorrow so everybody's here for a couple
    of pivotal scenes that will cross the two segments. (One aside...Bruce
    was openly lamenting the small sub-section of british fans -- most of
    whom we all agreed couldn't be niftier -- who are determined to try and
    drive a wedge between him and me and the rest of the crew. No sooner
    was his involvement announced than this same "bunch of whackos" started
    the same rumors again, including the one where he supposedly burned his
    crew jacket after the end of B5. Determined to put that to rest, he
    pulled out all crew coats we made up for him that were personalized by
    the wardrobe department and -- minus the one that was auctioned for
    charity at a well publicized convention -- brought them ALL up here to
    dispel that myth once and for all. So tomorrow we're going to get a
    picture of him and me, with either all the coats, or at minimum the one
    the nutcases keep saying he burned, just to put THAT baldfaced lie to
    bed. The photo will be posted on the nets somewhere soon.)

Otherwise, all is good, and the scenes are cutting together well.
    Three days down, seven to go.

jms

message copyright 2006 by
    Synethetic Worlds, Ltd.
    permissinon to reprint
    specifically denied to sfx magazine
    Yes indeed, Woo-Hoo!!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    Is it appropriate for me to say "woo hoo!" again?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X