X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whyruss
    replied
    Nice photo - but Bruce doesn't look too happy
    Last edited by Whyruss; 11-17-2006, 04:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    There's *nothing* to be ashamed of, Darth Librarian! As JMS made a point of noting in his first message yesterday, he and Bruce aware that the vast majority of UK fans are great.

And Shabaz, you've got them pegged. There's no way of winning with them. (or I'm a horrible person for being able to see their innuendoes for what they are...pick one. )

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Darth_librarian
    replied
    Good photo Jan, makes me ashamed to be a Brit!!

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    replied
    That's a pretty cool jacket btw.

And I took a peek at the UK B5 group, and some of their responses cracked me up. How insecure Boxleitner's and JMS's egos must be, and how childish to take a picture to disprove something on the internet, and what terrible lies are they telling about us by saying that we suggested it might be replicated by the TLT wardrobe where we merely and innocently were positing the possibility as a question. You just can't win.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    Light Pannels for the hallways . . . I said that to myself about a year ago when watching it "Ya know, I bet they would Use Light pannels if this set was revisited." Glad to know we are on the same page!

Quadroople Wooo HOO!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Groannnnnn....

Thanks, guys. Just...thanks... <g>

Jan
    who can barely even type PhotoShop, much less use it!

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    No, I think it's simply an impostor who took the time to embroider "Bruce Boxleitner" on the chest patch.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Obviously a clever Photo Shop job by our own Jan!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Update from Vancouver

I just got this photo in email from Vancouver with permission to post it. I think it tells us everything that Bruce wants us to know about the jacket rumor.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• AaronB
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro
    I did an interview with Doctor Who producer Russell T. Davies some months back where we talked about this very subject, and his feeling was that there is certain area of fandom who are only happy being not happy. He likened it to one of the Manchester football teams (not Manchester United) whose fans only seem to be happy when their team is losing. There seems to be a certain wisdom to that thought, as some of the previous posts seem to demonstrate.
    They sound like Jets fans here in NYC

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    I always felt that there was a bit of an organised backlash when a certain magazine ( not naming names - but it is no secret ) started what I can only call a campaign against everything that was B5. I stopped buying this 'SO CALLED SCI-FI' magazine as soon as this all ''kicked off''. It really was bad. ( the mag was crap anyway and still is.. ).
    The irony is that one of today's most enthusiastic JMS bashers is a former fan who posted the most comprehensive explanation of that "certain unnamed magazine" controversy on usenet. I still link to it when the subject comes up, and Jan did the same earlier today over on B5TV. So you can't blame all of this stuff on agents provacateur from "that magazine". Some people just turn on people they admire after awhile, often after they aren't given the special treatment that they imagine they deserve. They're like spoiled children or stalkers. They crave the attention of the object of their obsession. If they can get it with good behaviour, fine, but if not, they act out. And there can be a fine line between annoying and dangerously nuts. Remeber John Lennon and Selena.

I sometimes put a toe in the fever swamp myself, lurking only, but that's still enough to make me feel like I need a shower after reading some of the posts. The amusing thing is how they've convinced themselves that JMS himself cares what they write and follow their every word. The believe that he's either reading the board himself or that his "agents" are doing so, and reporting every word back to him. Their inflated sense of self-importance (reinforced by the other members in the group, as in the case of all self-selected "elite") makes it impossible to believe that JMS has better things to do than waste time thinking about them. They remind me of guys from the 60s who went to one anti-war rally at Columbia hoping to pick up some drug-addled hippy chicks and spent the next 20 years convinced that FBI agents were assembling a huge dossier on them.

Regards,

Joe
    Last edited by Joseph DeMartino; 11-16-2006, 01:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Sometimes my countrymen make me want to chew my own foot off ... we seem to love underdogs and also-rans so much over here that we try to turn successful people/tv shows/sports teams/(pick your own) into them.

I am glad to see that JMS knows this is a minority ... and hopefully a tiny one at that.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Circular Reason
    As far as I am aware, the B5 fans in the UK that I have met are not like that. The people who uttered that crap were certainly not B5 fans. They give people like myself in the UK a bad name.

Maybe that was their intention.
    I think their only intention is to spew bile about JMS, Circular Reason. As JMS noted in his message, the vast majority of the UK fans are great. He's always very much appreciated the support that they showed even before B5 was popular in the US. The trouble is, this group is particularly loud and think nothing of ganging up on anybody who refutes their position.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Circular Reason
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    I cringed when I realized that Bruce had read some of the things that had been written over there.

For those just tuning in, there's a contingent of supposed B5 fans on some of the UK newsgroups who delight in slagging JMS at every opportunity and anybody who's demonstrated loyalty, like Bruce, end up getting splashed by their bile.

Jan
    Jan, JDM etc...

I always felt that there was a bit of an organised backlash when a certain magazine ( not naming names - but it is no secret ) started what I can only call a campaign against everything that was B5. I stopped buying this 'SO CALLED SCI-FI' magazine as soon as this all ''kicked off''. It really was bad. ( the mag was crap anyway and still is.. ).

As far as I am aware, the B5 fans in the UK that I have met are not like that. The people who uttered that crap were certainly not B5 fans. They give people like myself in the UK a bad name.

Maybe that was their intention.

Leave a comment:

• arius
    replied
    That is a bummer to hear about that small group of so called 'fans'.

As for TLT, wow .. so excited, I was hoping that there would be some sort of 'bridge' between the 2 episodes, its nice that has been confirmed.

As for the sets, it will be interesting, you get so used to seeing sets one way, then to see them get changed, even just a little, can throw alot off. Reminds me of the show Firefly, it was cancelled, sets torn down, then when the movie was made, they rebuilt bigger sets and changed a couple of things around. I noticed the changes, but honestly it didnt make a difference to enjoying the storyline of the movie, so I am sure it will be the same situation with B5, I will notice the differences, but it won't take away from what I am watching.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X