Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald
    replied
    Bruce certainly looks older but he still looks pretty good, I think.

The jacket thing is sad, though. I can't believe "fans" would do that.

Leave a comment:

• Susitcha
    replied
    I think that there are are quite a few actors out there who are down to earth "normal" people and who react as most would by being hurt and confused by malicious rumours spread by those who do not know them and whom they have never hurt or even met!

I think Bruce is just one of those. They will never get it, always be hurt by it. but learn to live with it.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG
    but...but he really does look more angry than the jacket rumor would warrant!
    I'm reminded of something he said at the first con I saw him at a few years ago. He said something about how he'd seen horrid things said about him online...including rumors that he and Melissa were breaking up. He seemed genuinely hurt by the casual cruelty of many of the 'net denizens.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Circular Reason
    replied
    we should really laugh at those morons - kinda sad when all you got to do in your life is slag someone off. And to think they call themselves fans...

Idiots more like.

They should grow up...

Maybe get a mate or two ( might be hard that one ).

Experience the outside world ( outside their house, not their bedroom ).

Perhaps get a girlfriend / boyfriend.

Maybe they might stop watchin their favorite TV ( Although they still want Big Birds Autograph ).

But most of all they should learn to tuck themselves into bed, not have mommy do it. Oh and the bedtime story needs to be stopped as well.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Originally posted by Shabaz
    And I took a peek at the UK B5 group, and some of their responses cracked me up. How insecure Boxleitner's and JMS's egos must be, and how childish to take a picture to disprove something on the internet, and what terrible lies are they telling about us by saying that we suggested it might be replicated by the TLT wardrobe where we merely and innocently were positing the possibility as a question. You just can't win.
    The bit I love is that we on the moderated newsgroup are petty losers with no lives who only live to lick JMS's butt because we're talking about the f$#&*in' jacket story...but it's apparently okay for them to talk about the f$#&*in' jacket story.

And yeah, Bruce looks pissed. I'd be really sad if someone passed along to him not only the fact that the jacket rumor was back, but also the bit about him being "not too bright, but very loyal." My theory is that it was one of his fans -- i.e., not a B5 person but someone from his mailing list/fan club, who actually follows his career. They probably have Google Groups searches they do every day, and found this dreck...I guess that if it was one of those fans, they might have had the sense to not pass along that poison prose, but...but he really does look more angry than the jacket rumor would warrant!

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Groannnnnn....

Thanks, guys. Just...thanks... <g>

Jan
    who can barely even type PhotoShop, much less use it!

Ridiculous that people even started that rumor to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Ranger1
    He's not THAT old, its makeup folks.
    For my part, I didn't mean to say he was. I'm not that far behind him. But, he has gone from his late forties to mid fifties since B5 ended. And, anecdotally, the mileage can start to show after the half century mark (or after 40 in my case!) There are many exceptions, but it seems there are more that fit that description. Still, I wouldn't judge too much from that picture.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    He's not THAT old, its makeup folks.

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Yeah, that's the scary part really ... it is now 8 years since B5 finished.

Who would have thought we would all still be hanging out like this and talking about it.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    I think the dark lighting in the picture doesn't help Mr. Boxleitner. That being said, I take a certain amount of comfort from the fact that I'm not the only one who looks older than he did 8 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    According to the Dreamwatch interview, this first set is going to be right after Objects at Rest. And while he certainly looks somewhat older, I don't think it's anything that a decent make-up artist can't disguise.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• SLerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
    And, is it just me or is our Brucey looking old these days? And more than a little like John Copeland ... hey, there's another conspiracy theory ...
    I was just thinking that he looks quite a bit older, but I figured I'd get shouted down as an insensitive jerk for mentioning it. I'd have to see the pictures side-by-side, but I think he may look older now than he did in Sleeping in Light. Now can we start speculating about what year his story will take place in?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
    Would the UK group in question be alt.babylon5.uk ... I used to be poster there, many moons ago (1998).
    Yep, it's that one at the moment, GH. Sometimes it's uk.media.tv.sf.babylon5 and others it's the unmoderated newsgroup. The same small pool of poison posters, though.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth_librarian
    Good photo Jan, makes me ashamed to be a Brit!!
    Nuts grow on many trees. The crop of the moment just happens to be British.

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Would the UK group in question be alt.babylon5.uk ... I used to be poster there, many moons ago (1998).

And, is it just me or is our Brucey looking old these days? And more than a little like John Copeland ... hey, there's another conspiracy theory ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X