• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arius
    replied
    Originally posted by Shivkala
    Thank you Jan!

BTW I ordered seasons 3 and 4 last week at the price of $47.99 from amazon. This week I just noticed all B5 seasons are $29.99! I wonder if they'll go up to full price again before TLT comes out....

I am pretty sure that the sale will be only a limited time, since its the holiday season. There will probably be lots of dvd sets being heavily discounted until xmas is over

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Quick note that I've edited the credit for the photo link I posted earlier. If you didn't recognize the name I put up earlier, it's because it should have been our own SciFi Ranger. Sorry 'bout that!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Shivkala
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Welcome back, Shivkala! Glad to hear life is treating you well.

Jan
    Thank you Jan!

BTW I ordered seasons 3 and 4 last week at the price of $47.99 from amazon. This week I just noticed all B5 seasons are $29.99! I wonder if they'll go up to full price again before TLT comes out....

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Not to worry, Ulkosh. JMS made it clear that he and Bruce and the others know that it's just a small group who enjoy these games.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Ulkosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro
    I did an interview with Doctor Who producer Russell T. Davies some months back where we talked about this very subject, and his feeling was that there is certain area of fandom who are only happy being not happy. He likened it to one of the Manchester football teams (not Manchester United) whose fans only seem to be happy when their team is losing. There seems to be a certain wisdom to that thought, as some of the previous posts seem to demonstrate.
    I'm not sure this is entirely the same point as a lot of people have MANY fully justified problems with the way RTD is handling the show (his writing is consistently the weakest), and his attitude towards fans comes across as EXCEPTIONALLY smug and arrogant.

Leave a comment:

• Ulkosh
    replied
    Well I haven't posted for a while, and when i come back i find that a group of my countrymen seem to hve been posting crap somewhere.

Disappointing and very sad.
    I just hope it doesn'tput JMS and Bruce off the rest of us who still genuinely care about the show and appreciate the fine work they did in giving us such a treasure.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Melissa. You seem to have misread what I typed.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Now, Joan...Melinda was there, too. Hope she didn't catch you shooting pictures of his tush!

Jan
    Who is Melinda?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Now, Joan...Melissa was there, too. Hope she didn't catch you shooting pictures of his tush!

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 11-20-2006, 07:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Joansie
    replied
    Personally I think it's his facial hair that gives Bruce a look of aging.
    Jan, I also have a couple of pictures from the same memorial and he looks good. Mind you, I do have a soft spot in my heart for this tush. Which has nothing at all to do with his face.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Another picture of Bruce and Jacket

I think it's just not a particularly good photo. As evidence, let me offer this pic of Bruce (and Bill and Jerry) at the Richard Biggs Memorial Event in March of 2005.

With thanks to our own SciFi Ranger who hosted the Keep B5 Alive site during the TMoS letter campaign.

Jan

Edited photo credit
    Last edited by Jan; 11-20-2006, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BabylonRebel
    replied
    Bruce certainly seems to have aged about twenty years since his interviews on the DVD's, but I reckon that he's just been in makeup and the story will be set between 2262 and 2281.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Shivkala
    Hello folks, life has granted me a chance to post here once again. The news is exciting indeed. Life has also granted me the opportunity to finally start getting the show on DVD.
    Welcome back, Shivkala! Glad to hear life is treating you well.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Originally posted by WorkerCaste
    For my part, I didn't mean to say he was. I'm not that far behind him. But, he has gone from his late forties to mid fifties since B5 ended. And, anecdotally, the mileage can start to show after the half century mark (or after 40 in my case!) There are many exceptions, but it seems there are more that fit that description. Still, I wouldn't judge too much from that picture.
    No i mean its really heavy makeup, the behind the scenes on the B5 DVD's shows him and he looks MUCH younger than that pic.

Leave a comment:

• Shivkala
    replied
    Back from the rim!!!

Hello folks, life has granted me a chance to post here once again. The news is exciting indeed. Life has also granted me the opportunity to finally start getting the show on DVD.

This jacket nonsense is so petty. Why mess with the man? Bruce Boxleitner rocks. He's a good actor and a genuinely nice guy to the fans. It's sad. BTW Bruce was on scifi channel's very poor "Legion of the Dead" last night. He's gotten a bit older, but has aged gracefully. He actually looks to me like he spends a lot of time outdoors.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X