Babylon 5- The Lost Tales *SPOILERS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frulad
    You have the script for that one, don't you?
    Er...no. Remember, I'm a JMS completist, not an 'everybody-who-ever-appeared-or-worked-on-B5' completist.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• any word on tv rights yet? i'd think sci-fi would be interested, or the new cw network

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunan
        any word on tv rights yet? i'd think sci-fi would be interested, or the new cw network
        When he first announced the project JMS mentioned some talks with a TV network or cable channel, but he hasn't said anything since. At this point I wouldn't expect to a deal to be made until after the first three tales complete - shot, edited and all the way through post-production. Since Warner Bros. is committed to producing the first batch anyway, there is no reason for a potential TV partner to commit at this point.

This isn't like an ordinary pilot, where the studio won't even shoot the thing unless a network is on board to put up part of the money and provide air time. The studio doesn't need a network like The CW or a cable channel like Sci-Fi to distribute the film, and the TV guys don't have to buy the thing sight unseen. From their ponit of view it probably makes way more sense to wait for the finished product before making a decision.

Regards,

Joe
        Joseph DeMartino
        Sigh Corps
        Pat Tallman Division

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan
          Er...no. Remember, I'm a JMS completist, not an 'everybody-who-ever-appeared-or-worked-on-B5' completist.

Jan

Which is a good thing..because the people who appeared on b5 have been in some llllaaaamme projects

Jon

PS...do you have all the captain power stuff even? and jake and the fatman?
          Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
          True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow
            PS...do you have all the captain power stuff even? and jake and the fatman?
            No, I haven't located any of those. I did pick up the 'best of' He-Man DVD and will probably pick up the 'best of' She-Ra one, too. I've only got a couple of Murder, She Wrote scripts and no set-used Jeremiah. I'd have a whole lot more except that I'm only interested in non-bootleg stuff. It's a work in progress and as prolific as JMS is, I may never finish. That's okay..."A man's reach should exceed his grasp or what's a heaven for?"

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan
              No, I haven't located any of those. I did pick up the 'best of' He-Man DVD and will probably pick up the 'best of' She-Ra one, too. I've only got a couple of Murder, She Wrote scripts and no set-used Jeremiah. I'd have a whole lot more except that I'm only interested in non-bootleg stuff. It's a work in progress and as prolific as JMS is, I may never finish. That's okay..."A man's reach should exceed his grasp or what's a heaven for?"

Jan

just from the "i love this stuff from my childhood" aspect, the he-man dvds are far far better then ANY other animated dvd i have EVER seen, in fact they are better then alot of regular tv dvds. and the he-mans are great! the best of she-ra is also great and i can't wait for the full series to be out.
              if you have children from the ages of unborn to 15 do them a favor and buy them the he-man, the she-ra and the thundercats dvds, you will be saving them from the tacky badly animated poorly done terrible storylines of todays cartoons

Comment

• Will TLT be available for preorder on Amazon? cause...ya know...i want them all
                Million-year old transcendent civilisations debating the fate of the galaxy use phrases like 'screw both of 'em?'

I said is was an analogy. According to the organic memory cells found on the Trieste Derelict in 10,033AZ, what they actually said was 'Zog both of them.'

I think the solar flares are affecting you again.

Less than four hours until Sol goes Zog!

Comment

• Hi, Dustin!

We don't have any specific information on how the DVDs will be available but I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be. It seems to me (from a completely uninvolved/uninformed point of view, at least) that the sales rank at Amazon from preorders might be a good way for the PTBs to guage early success of B5:TLT.

Jan

Comment

• Posted last night so today's the day:

Title: Re: B5:TLT update from jms
                    Author: [email protected]
                    Date: 22 Oct 2006 22:46:51 -0700
                    Message-ID: <[email protected] .com>

Tomorrow morning at 9 a.m., the Babylon 5 TLT production offices in
                    Vancouver will officially open up next door to the stage we're using.
                    The crew has been hired, Chris Franke is on board for the music, cast
                    deals have been set.

Interesting times all around.

jms

message content (c) 2006
                    synthetic worlds, ltd.
                    permission to reprint
                    specifically denied to
                    SFX Magazine

Comment

• Whoowhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
                      Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

• I feel a Michael Buffer moment coming on ...
                        The Optimist: The glass is half full
                        The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                        The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

• not even a vorlon could contain my excitement.
                          Million-year old transcendent civilisations debating the fate of the galaxy use phrases like 'screw both of 'em?'

I said is was an analogy. According to the organic memory cells found on the Trieste Derelict in 10,033AZ, what they actually said was 'Zog both of them.'

I think the solar flares are affecting you again.

Less than four hours until Sol goes Zog!

Comment

• Anybody heard recent rumours about main actors? Who they are ??

Peter Jurassik might be involved but anybody else?
                            Last edited by b5finland; 10-23-2006, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• There's conjecture but nothing solid. Peter Jurasik seemed to think that this first one was going to concentrate on humans.

I did post the question as to when JMS might be able to tell us on the newsgroup.

Jan

Comment

• I received a note from Ed Wasser

Hello Everyone:

I wrote Ed Wasser on October 8 to let him know that I was looking forward to seeing him in B5 The Lost Tales. I collect autographed 8x10's, and I was hoping to add him to my collection. He responded with a signed 8x10 as well as a note stating that I should send fan mail to JMS asking for him to reprise his role as Mr. Morden. He said that the chances of him reprising his role as Mr. Morden depended upon how much fan mail JMS received asking for his return.

I'd love to see the story of the Icarus, and how Mr. Morden was perverted into following the Shadows, but I also know that JMS hates fan mail.

I guess the best way to contact JMS is through this wonderful medium, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Alfred Taylor
                                All literature promoting censureship should be banned.

Comment

Working...
                                X