No announcement yet.

Babylon 5- The Lost Tales *SPOILERS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, thanks for the reminder, Joe. I just thought it was better to err on the side of caution.

I'm pretty sure I'm off hand moderation by now though; my messages get through in a matter of minutes usually now.

Comment

• Nah, those are just too broad. And remember, supposition based on what we already know IS allowed.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• I would like to see Ms Musante in action again.
        She made me laugh!
        Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
        John Sheridan

Comment

• I was listening yesterday to the live cast of the recording of next week's Babylon Podcast, and they had Peter Jurasik on. It was a really funny interview at times, but it also had a small bit on TLT in it, which I thought I'd transcribe here. If you want to hear the entire interview, you have to wait till next Wednesday, when it will be available for download on their site (I have a recording, but I'd rather not share it).

It really sounds like he isn't too sure about returning to the character of Londo Mollari, and said yes to TLT out of maybe a loyalty towards JMS, as much as anything else.
          Peter Jurasik: I don't even do the accent very well anymore. I don't know that I can do it, I don't think I ever will do it again. My guess is there is a chance, maybe, to give it another try, but that character now lives somewhere else. He's certainly not around me anymore.

Summer: So you haven't heard any definitive news whether Londo will be returning for JMS's Lost Tales?

Peter Jurasik: Well, you know what, JMS called me and chatted with me, and said that, yes, they will do some human episodes of that Lost Tales first. And that if in fact those were succesful, and they decided they wanted to do some alien episodes, would I do it? So there are about three ifs in that equation there. But, I said yes, of course, you know, "if you wrote it, I'd do it". But, you know, how good will I... I'll probably call up that guy in Atlanta, the surgeon [a fan that came up to him at a con dressed as Londo, mentioned earlier in the interview], get him to coach me on Mollari and all. *laughing* And I'll need Fionagh Cush to take care of the hair for me! [he joked about how she didn't do enough with his hair earlier in the interview]

Jeffrey Willerth: Yeah, absolutely, right, right, right.

Peter Jurasik: I mean, I don't know. It seems like a long way away now. And, I don't... I remember the work, and the people. The character, I don't know where he is now.

Comment

• Thanks, Shabaz!

As amazing an actor as Peter Jurasik is, I'd be willing to bet that the character will come back to him the minute he sees the script.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shabaz
              I was listening yesterday to the live cast of the recording of next week's Babylon Podcast, and they had Peter Jurasik on. It was a really funny interview at times, but it also had a small bit on TLT in it, which I thought I'd transcribe here. If you want to hear the entire interview, you have to wait till next Wednesday, when it will be available for download on their site (I have a recording, but I'd rather not share it).

It really sounds like he isn't too sure about returning to the character of Londo Mollari, and said yes to TLT out of maybe a loyalty towards JMS, as much as anything else.

Thanks for transcribing. It sounds like Peter is just being modest about his acting abilities to me, though despite his negative take on wanting to appear in the project, it also gives a clear, resounding "yes, I'll do it if JMS writes it for me." Which..I'm sure JMS will if this starts to take off. So it's not bad news at all, in my opinion.

Jon
              Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
              True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

• Oh, he's a fantastic actor, and together with Andreas Katsulas probably the best B5 had, IMO. so I'm sure that if he really sets his mind to it, he could manage to recapture that character. I certainly would like to see him give it a shot.

I think he was also maybe commenting that it would require some effort of him, since it is ten years ago, and Londo is pretty much is out of his system at this point (the question he was asked just before this, somewhat jokingly, is if in his day to day live, when he is gardening or something, if Londo ever slips out).

Comment

• I would imagine Peter finds it difficult to imagine Londo minus G'Kar, but I recall reading somewhere, maybe by JMS that all Peter has to do to get in charater is to shout out "Miiiisssteeer Garibaldi" and Londo is back

Comment

• Originally posted by Susitcha
                    I would imagine Peter finds it difficult to imagine Londo minus G'Kar, but I recall reading somewhere, maybe by JMS that all Peter has to do to get in charater is to shout out "Miiiisssteeer Garibaldi" and Londo is back

Yeah, that would be rough to have worked with Andreas for so long and then suddenly he's not there and that same project has been brought back to life. I imagine all of the cast and crew struggle with that.

Jon
                    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

• Yes, I'm pretty sure that the loss of Andreas is weighing heavily on Peter's mind right now, and probably a part of him feels it would be hard to do Londo in that context. But let's see how things go with the human tales; I'm sure that if JMS writes a good story for him, and his schedule can accomodate the shoot, he'd do it. I'd be really surprised if any of the actors turned JMS down over anything other than schedule conflicts: probably for many of them, B5 was among the most challenging, emotionally broad-ranging, meaty material they've gotten to play outside of work in the theatre.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmyG
                        B5 was among the most challenging, emotionally broad-ranging, meaty material they've gotten to play outside of work in the theatre.
                        Except for Bruce's role in "Snakehead Terror" a couple years ago, right?

Jon

Comment

• Oh, Jon! How could you *possibly* forget about that gripping drama that Bruce appeared in "Falling In Love with the Girl Next Door" for the Hallmark Channel. Surely that outshadows "Snakehead'!

Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan
                            Oh, Jon! How could you *possibly* forget about that gripping drama that Bruce appeared in "Falling In Love with the Girl Next Door" for the Hallmark Channel. Surely that outshadows "Snakehead'!

Jan
                            I must have missed that one Maybe it's blockbuster time...

Once I run out of other movies to watch...

and then watch all of those movies a second time...

Jon

Comment

• Heck, they're still showing it on Hallmark ad infinitum.

Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan
                                Oh, Jon! How could you *possibly* forget about that gripping drama that Bruce appeared in "Falling In Love with the Girl Next Door" for the Hallmark Channel. Surely that outshadows "Snakehead'!

Jan
                                You have the script for that one, don't you?
                                Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Working...
                                X