Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shabaz
    replied
    Though I know that information that appears only on IMDB is not always trustworthy, they have the VFX company listed now for TLT. A Atmosphere Visual Effects, who worked on shows like BSG and the Stargates before, although more in a suporting role it seems after looking through the IMDB listings (e.g. pretty sure the bulk of BSG's effects were done by Zoic Studios).

You can find their website here, and their demoreel is worth checking out. It didn't load for me in the website, so here's a direct link (right click, save as... for a 21mb quicktime video). They definitely did some cool stuff, and they did some neat composition work, both green screen and non green screen, which is a good thing with the amount of virtual sets TLT will apparently have. Leaps and leaps beyond Crusade's virtual set comp work, which I remember someone on the newsgroup citing as the reason for being a bit apprehensive of the amount of virtual sets in TLT that JMS had been talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Circular Reason
    replied
    Wow - I am so excited.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Hey, that's great! Thanks for sharing.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Originally posted by B5-Stefan
    Originally posted by Jan
    Lurker's Guide, not IMDB.

I think Steve (Grimm?) did pretty much move on or else didn't have as many volunteers late in the show/Crusade. The Crusade pages are pretty skimpy.
    The lack of information about B5:TLT on LG I mentioned before
    in a rastb5m-posting(*) is a pity.
    Meanwhile I emailed him a second time. No answer.

Obvoiusly in rastb5m is no one with a Contact to Steven.
    Hello! Is here someone?

Stefan
    (Supporter of DLG = Deutscher Lurkers Guide)
    Finally Steven did now a nice B5:TLT-Update.

Stefan

The Series expressed in my sig now will never arise.
    Perhaps, perhaps once a time only in Toontown.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar
    Um, my dear .. That was me, commenting on his youthful appearance here. It's my way of saying "nyah nyah" to all the people making negative comments about the jacket pic.
    Ah! I totally missed the sarcasm. Pardonnez-moi, ma cher!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    There's been a correction on the photo page. It's Keegan MacIntosh, not MacDonald and he has an IMDB page here.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Also, Lochley is in the Earthforce Navy, isn't colonel a rank in the Earthforce Army? unless (doubtfully) she is part of a new, mixed Army of Light rank system.
    EarthForce doesn't actually have a separate Army and Navy (or Marines.) It is a joint service and has been in the process of consolidating for some time. That's why every officer we see in command of a fleet is called a General - including Lefcourt, Hague and Ivanova, who are all clearly wearing bule "Navy" uniforms. Ditto Hague's aide Major Ryan, who also wears "Navy" blue. (Although Garibaldi does refer to admirals being in line to command Babylon 5 we never actually see anyone called admiral in the series. It may be the first naval rank eliminated in a process that transfers everything to an Army/Marine rank system. The naval captain's rank - equivalent to full colonel - might be the next. That would suggest the Lochley remains at the same rank but has a new title. The wouldn't be unheard of in a peacetime military. There are only so many flag slots available, and plenty of officers have retired at the rank of captain - Navy - or colonel - Captain.)

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Shabaz
    replied
    The original short pieces to be shot in February which will "feature glimpses into the future of Babylon 5 and her characters" mentioned in the update sound interesting. I'm curious how that will work out exactly.

Leave a comment:

• BabylonRebel
    replied
    Being the tenth anniversary of the Interstellar Alliance would make it Babylon 5's fourteenth year in service. Perhaps another DVD could deal with the fifteenth anniversary of Babylon 5 going online.

Also, Lochley is in the Earthforce Navy, isn't colonel a rank in the Earthforce Army? unless (doubtfully) she is part of a new, mixed Army of Light rank system.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar
    Second comment - The guy playing the Centauri prince is HOT.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG
    I gotta tell you, you people are really funny with Bruce and the age thing. First, it's "he looks so old, he's got to be in makeup!" Now, with a teeny-tiny picture obviously taken with a snapshot-quality camera from about twenty feet across a room (i.e. no resolution to speak of), you're saying "He looks young! Of course it was makeup!"

I still say he looked fine in the closeup; and I also say that you can see literally no detail on his face in this latest one, so I don't think you should get your hopes up too much for a sudden, miraculous lack of wrinkles when you have him on widescreen, hi-def, digital resolution on your 52" tv screen.

Having said that...does anyone know anything about the young Keegan MacDonald? I find no IMDb entry for him.

Amy
    Um, my dear .. That was me, commenting on his youthful appearance here. It's my way of saying "nyah nyah" to all the people making negative comments about the jacket pic.

And nope, I haven't been able to find anything about Keegan yet.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    I gotta tell you, you people are really funny with Bruce and the age thing. First, it's "he looks so old, he's got to be in makeup!" Now, with a teeny-tiny picture obviously taken with a snapshot-quality camera from about twenty feet across a room (i.e. no resolution to speak of), you're saying "He looks young! Of course it was makeup!"

I still say he looked fine in the closeup; and I also say that you can see literally no detail on his face in this latest one, so I don't think you should get your hopes up too much for a sudden, miraculous lack of wrinkles when you have him on widescreen, hi-def, digital resolution on your 52" tv screen.

Having said that...does anyone know anything about the young Keegan MacDonald? I find no IMDb entry for him.

Amy
    Last edited by AmyG; 12-02-2006, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by frulad
    Hmmm... 10 years after the founding of the IA, puts it where? Just after Crusade was supposed to end? Concurrent with its last season?
    Yeppers ...

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Hmmm... 10 years after the founding of the IA, puts it where? Just after Crusade was supposed to end? Concurrent with its last season?

Leave a comment:

• Donald
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    It was originally three stories of half an hour each. Now it's two stories of forty-five minutes each. Approximately, of course. With extras to round it to two hours.

Jan
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X