X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow-Sentient
    replied
    Originally posted by Karachi Vyce
    Anyone own or see the DVD release of the Dawn of the Dead remake? It had a story segment title "We interrupt this program" which was done as a series of fake news broadcasts of one American TV station reporting on the zombie plague / apocalypse. Richard Briggs played the anchor / news broadcaster, in what might actually be his final on-screen performance. I've seen the feature a few times, and I get a little emotional at the end, because who plays the President of the United States? Bruce Boxleitner. It's only a voiceover, and Boxleitner probably provided the voice work weeks or even months separately from Briggs' scenes, but still, it's the last collaboration between the two of them.
    It's the reason I bought the DVD. "We interrupt this program" is not very good ... an afterthought of a production ... but the sentimentality was there and being that the makers were obviously big enough fans of B5 to have both Biggs and Boxleitner cameo, I felt compelled to support them by purchasing the film. I got choked up when he mentioned trying to get back to his family ... knowing when I watched it that he wouldn't be going home again.
    BTW Dawn is a great remake! Loved this version of the film.

Leave a comment:

• Karachi Vyce
    replied
    Anyone own or see the DVD release of the Dawn of the Dead remake? It had a story segment title "We interrupt this program" which was done as a series of fake news broadcasts of one American TV station reporting on the zombie plague / apocalypse. Richard Briggs played the anchor / news broadcaster, in what might actually be his final on-screen performance. I've seen the feature a few times, and I get a little emotional at the end, because who plays the President of the United States? Bruce Boxleitner. It's only a voiceover, and Boxleitner probably provided the voice work weeks or even months separately from Briggs' scenes, but still, it's the last collaboration between the two of them.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I asked Jason Carter about this at the last con I saw him at and his assistant seemed to think that it had just gotten an infusion of money to finish post-production.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    started a topic New Richard Biggs credit

New Richard Biggs credit

This looks like it has the potential to be hilarious:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494276/
Working...
X