Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 up for download

http://www.guba.com/pp/buy/3000005836

did anyone buy it? Is it good quality? Supossedly you download it on the bittorrent or somethin.. will i be able to see it on my apple computer? (it does not say anything on the facts, only that uses the windows media player format)... thanks..
    Got a Hole in my Mind

Hmm, quicktime on the MAC can read some Windows media, but not all. The freware VLC player is pretty good though.

I'd stay clear, to be honest.
    "Books and ideas are the most effective weapons against intolerance and ignorance."
    -- Lyndon Baines Johnson, February 11, 1964

-- "Gun's don't kill people, rappers do" The GLC

Comment

down with illegal uploads

If there has not been an official announcement or news about B5 being available for download I doubt it's legal.

Some AOL service (only available for Windows XP due to the DRM restrictions they wanted to put) mentioned before in its own thread is the only legal way to see B5 through the web I know of. And it's free.

Regarding watching Windows Media Player files on the Mac:
      www.flip4mac.com

That company makes a QuickTime plug-in to view WiMP files, there's a free version (limited to "only" viewing, can't save or export/import .wmv files) for download (the MSFT mactopia site will direct you to it since they have orphaned WiMP for Mac).

The VLC player is also good, but I haven't tested it much. It does support many video formats, it's updated frequently since it's open source, and you can't beat the price.
      Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
      James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

It was announced recently. First was AOL, then BitTorrent, then this latest.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

well.. yes I know I have the windows media player for mac. My question really was if it was worth it the download B5 from the page, if it was good quality video etc.. or if they are going to put up some new extra b5 stuff other than season 1 just to have an eye on the page.. thanks anyway..
          Got a Hole in my Mind

Comment

Working...
          X