Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon*Con 2006

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dragon*Con 2006

    Guests already announced -

    Mira Furlan (Delenn)
    Stephen Furst (Vir)

    Guests not announced, but considering -

    Pat Tallman (Lyta)
    Jeffrey Willerth (body of Kosh)
    Jerry Doyle (Garibaldi)

    Maybe possibly (I asked her to come, so crossing fingers) -

    Maggie Egan (Jane, ISN Anchor - she's been to D*C before, so maybe)
    "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

    The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

  • #2
    Just a quick note here that B5 has been transferred to the Classics Track at DragonCon this year so if anybody wants to get in touch with the track director to request B5 guests and/or programming, the one to get in touch with is [email protected] .

    Also, iirc, Julie Caitlyn Brown represents quite a few of the cast for con appearances so you might want to touch base with her as well.

    Now then...anybody going to San Diego Comic Con this year?

    Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

    Comment


    • #3
      Since we're on the subject of cons, Jeffrey Combs who played Shran on Enterprise is going to be at this year's Fan Expo in Toronto. In his list of credits it mentions that he was in an episode of B5. Who did he play?
      Flying around the room under my own power.

      Comment


      • #4
        Grrrr, and I bet I won't be able to go. Why god, why? Why do you mock me?
        "Sector 87 by 20 by 42. At least a dozen ships have reported seeing something rather godlike in the area, and since neither you nor I were there, it must be one of the first ones." -- Marcus to Ivanova (J. Michael Straczynski)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Spoo Junky
          Since we're on the subject of cons, Jeffrey Combs who played Shran on Enterprise is going to be at this year's Fan Expo in Toronto. In his list of credits it mentions that he was in an episode of B5. Who did he play?
          Jeffrey Combs played Harriman Grey in the first season episode 'Eyes'.

          Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

          Comment


          • #6
            hey you want cons?
            Ok how many B5 actors are going to be at the discworld con?
            Phaze
            on the "pratchett nut" ID
            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Spoo Junky
              Since we're on the subject of cons, Jeffrey Combs who played Shran on Enterprise is going to be at this year's Fan Expo in Toronto. In his list of credits it mentions that he was in an episode of B5. Who did he play?
              I think it'd be more expedient to describe him as "Jeffrey Combs who played Weyoun on DS9."
              Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

              Comment


              • #8
                Jerry Doyle might be there, ZHD. Finally, a right-thinking American.
                "I don't find myself in the same luxury as you. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom, because you don't know what it is not to have freedom." ---Ayaan Hirsi Ali

                Comment


                • #9
                  I heard his radio show about a month ago, where he told about how get finally got around to cleaning out his tackle box.

                  The Republican party sent him a letter where it essentially stated their concern about his non-renewal of membership fees, since he is a "vital member" since he ran for Congress 6 years ago. Their mistake was including an envelope with pre-paid postage.

                  He filled the envelope with his old lures that were rusty, caked with fish guts and/or seaweed, or were basically old and broken. He included a note that read "Your party is sinking. This might help you on your way. Sincerely, Jerry Doyle". He taped it up and mailed it.
                  RIP Coach Larry Finch
                  Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
                  Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WillieStealAndHow
                    I heard his radio show about a month ago, where he told about how get finally got around to cleaning out his tackle box.

                    The Republican party sent him a letter where it essentially stated their concern about his non-renewal of membership fees, since he is a "vital member" since he ran for Congress 6 years ago. Their mistake was including an envelope with pre-paid postage.

                    He filled the envelope with his old lures that were rusty, caked with fish guts and/or seaweed, or were basically old and broken. He included a note that read "Your party is sinking. This might help you on your way. Sincerely, Jerry Doyle". He taped it up and mailed it.
                    Bwahahahahahaha!

                    (I've often wondered how people who subscribe more to conservative values than to a straight Republican Party alliance are thinking about the current administration. Not that the Dems are doing much better...Anyhow, back to the topic at hand-)
                    Last edited by frulad; 05-15-2006, 06:41 AM.
                    Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
                      I think it'd be more expedient to describe him as "Jeffrey Combs who played Weyoun on DS9."
                      Oh, Wormtongue from Lord of the Rings.
                      Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by frulad
                        Oh, Wormtongue from Lord of the Rings.
                        That wasn't Jeff Combs. That was Brad Dourif who played Wormtongue. Brad also played one of the monks on B5, in "Passing Through Gethsemane". Brother Malcolm, I believe.
                        "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

                        The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yup. Brad Dourif. The voice of Chucky
                          RIP Coach Larry Finch
                          Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
                          Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by OmahaStar
                            That wasn't Jeff Combs. That was Brad Dourif who played Wormtongue. Brad also played one of the monks on B5, in "Passing Through Gethsemane". Brother Malcolm, I believe.
                            No, Brother Malcolm was the brainwiped 'new' monk at the end. Brother Edward was played by Brad Dourif.

                            Speaking of conventions (she says, dragging things back to topic ), Brad could use some lessons in how to act at one. When I saw him at DragonCon a few years ago and was getting some items signed, his price per autograph was $10 higher than anybody elses. On top of that, he never once looked up, smiled or thanked me which I thought would be the minimum somebody could do when being handed $70 for 2 autographs.

                            Jan
                            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by OmahaStar
                              That wasn't Jeff Combs. That was Brad Dourif who played Wormtongue. Brad also played one of the monks on B5, in "Passing Through Gethsemane". Brother Malcolm, I believe.
                              Crap. Does this mean I get my Geek License suspended?

                              (I'm going to plead the "It was early in the morning before my first caffine jolt" Defense. )
                              Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X