Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've been watching too much B5 when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...your bank teller's name tag reads "Lydia Kosh" but you read "Lyta Kosh" and you're kind of disappointed when she speaks in full, unambiguous sentences.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

...you refer to every positive thing that happens in your life as "A dream given form."
      Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
      True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Originally posted by LessonInMachismo
        There's a bar just a block away from work where the lowlifes go to get shitfaced. It's name? The White Star.
        i prefer The White Hart myself, but then thats not a jms reference

Comment

You know you've been watching too much Babylon 5 when ...

People talk about the poor as if they are lall azy and deserve their fate and you wonder if they are indeed, Lumati.
          "If I could be a bird, I'd be a Flying Purple People Eater because then people would sing about me and I could fly down and eat them because I hate that song. " - Jack Handey

Comment

You know you've been watching too much Babylon 5 when someone tells you tha the space program is a waste of time and that colonizing other worlds is a waste of time and you quote Jeffrey Sinclair:

"No. We have to stay here, and there's a simple reason why. Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics - and you'll get ten different answers. But there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on: whether it happens in a hundred years, or a thousand years, or a million years, eventually our sun will grow cold, and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us, it'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-tsu, Einstein, Maruputo, Buddy Holly, Aristophanes - all of this. All of this was for nothing, unless we go to the stars."
            "If I could be a bird, I'd be a Flying Purple People Eater because then people would sing about me and I could fly down and eat them because I hate that song. " - Jack Handey

Comment

when you order a "G'Kar" with your curry!

Comment

...when you actually take white-out and correct the box every time you bring home some Nairn's oat crackers.

Comment

... when you notice a whole lot of words and names end in the letter 'N'.

Delenn, Neroon, Narn, Epsilon, Agamemnon, John Sheridan, Babylon, Galen, Susan, Franklin, Morden, probably many others I can't think of at the moment.
                  Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

when you start thinking a great idea would be to have a crossover episode that puts londo and rygil(farscape) in a face to face

Comment

... when you see any character in any TV show with the initials JS and wonder if JMS was involved in it.

Jeffrey Sinclair
                      John Sheridan
                      John Simon
                      The Optimist: The glass is half full
                      The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                      The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

...when you take a shan'kar on someone who insults you

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow-Sentient
                          I suppose, as long as you don't actually turn the car into a Star-Fury like that dork's dad did with the family truck in Trekkies.
                          A little extreme but hey ... your prerogative right?
                          Already I get some flak from my fiance about my B5 posters. She hasn't watched the series ... one day maybe ... but she's virulantly anti Sci-Fi and it's all Star Trek's fault. Fortunately for her, my ex girlfriend accidentally destroyed my pewter Babylon 5 station that I had on my television. So, she doesn't have to grimace over that.
                          I have scored a minor victory in that I am allowed ONE of my B5 posters when we move into our new place ... as long as it's framed.
                          Hmmm if she does end up watching the sjhow ... she'll finally understand why it's so important to me that we watch the sun rise.

It took me three years to get my fiance to give B5 a chance, he was absolutely resolute that he would hate it, again due to Star Trek. He did but me the DVD box sets though...
                          We had been through a really bad patch and were disscussing things we could do together to help us get back on track, when he said it: "I suppose I could give that B5 a try.!"

I was very happy, but kept my elation to myself, as I was well aware that my enthusiasm for the show had put him off also, I think he felt if he was dissapointed with the show it would upset me! I really just wanted him to watch a few episodes... And see how it went.

Three weeks later he completed his first viewing and was completely amazed that he had been so wrong

I was so glad especially on hearing of Andreas passing as, he knewwhy it affected me so and was very supportive.

Comment

You know you've been watching too much Babylon-5 when you don't want to see another episode for AT LEAST.......ermm.....1 or 2 days.
                            "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

Originally posted by Susitcha
                              It took me three years to get my fiance to give B5 a chance, he was absolutely resolute that he would hate it, again due to Star Trek. He did but me the DVD box sets though...
                              We had been through a really bad patch and were disscussing things we could do together to help us get back on track, when he said it: "I suppose I could give that B5 a try.!"

I was very happy, but kept my elation to myself, as I was well aware that my enthusiasm for the show had put him off also, I think he felt if he was dissapointed with the show it would upset me! I really just wanted him to watch a few episodes... And see how it went.

Three weeks later he completed his first viewing and was completely amazed that he had been so wrong

I was so glad especially on hearing of Andreas passing as, he knewwhy it affected me so and was very supportive.
                              Great to hear. I think my fiance will be hard to convince in this regard and figure the best way to approach it, is to not approach it at all. I have a feeling, she'll get bored one weekend and start rummaging through my vast DVD collection and probably watch the show on her own. Whether or not she can watch any further than a few epi's is the question. TKO and/or Infection might kill it for her altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow-Sentient
                                Great to hear. I think my fiance will be hard to convince in this regard and figure the best way to approach it, is to not approach it at all. I have a feeling, she'll get bored one weekend and start rummaging through my vast DVD collection and probably watch the show on her own. Whether or not she can watch any further than a few epi's is the question. TKO and/or Infection might kill it for her altogether.

Perhaps, it is best to leave it for her to discover...

The only other suggestion, is to try and think of the episode that would appeal to her sense of humour, or personal preference in programmes. Only you know her well enough to know if such an epsiode exists...

e.g. For me, as a non interested party who heard the show incessantly as my brother watched it, it was Ivannova's Wit and attitude that drew me in... I just liked her. I wanted to know more, and as I got to know her by watching a few episodes, I came to love the others too!

Pick an epsiode with a theme or focusing on a charactor who she will buy into....

Comment

Working...
                                X