Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've been watching too much B5 when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white_star25
    replied
    I'm really, *really* not a woman that cries easily, neither while watching movies nor in my personal life. However.... it takes a few notes of the "Dying Station" theme from 'Sleeping in Light' (I have the "Best of Babylon 5" soundtrack album)... and my eyes sting! If I even hold on to the image of the station exploding in my mind, then tears form! Heck, when I watch the whole thing together, sound and image on the DVD, then the tears do fall!

If this isn't proof that I've been watching too much B5, that it has affected me deeply, then I don't know what it is! Thank you JMS, thank you Christopher Franke!

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I really like using that shit-eating smile that Sheridan sported for the first several episodes of the second season, when he knew that he was there to essentialy probe everyone for Hague. Someone pisses me off, and I give them the smile and tell them something to satisfy them enough to get them out of my face.

Actually, the smile I use is a combination of Sheridan's and Morden's.

Leave a comment:

• white_star25
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow-Sentient
    You know you've been watching too much Babylon5 when...

... you wave at people you don't like with your fingers ... (thinking about a nice pike waiting for their head in the garden at the Royal Palace)
    LOLOL, yes I really do that!!! And it makes me feel sooo much better!!!

Leave a comment:

• Vyse
    replied
    Well, I'm a college student now, and I work part-time at a super market. I was the front-end manager (In charge of the cashiers) Saturday night and it was insanely busy due to the holiday. At one point, a couple of newer cashiers kept on telling me they needed something while I was in the middle of doing something, so I said "I'm in the middle of 15 things, all of them annoying". lol

Leave a comment:

• Stunning_in_Purple
    replied
    Everytime you watch/hear anything of Pirates of the Penzance, you think of Marcus and Doctor Franklin.

Leave a comment:

• TR_3
    replied
    Heh, heh..

when I "head back to the barn" everytime I come back home.

When a bad hair's day is a "londo day".

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    When someone asks me what the school lunch is on any given day, I always say "spoo."

They always think they get the joke, which is half the joke AFAIAC.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Originally posted by Stunning_in_Purple
    You refer to Sweedish Meatballs as Breen.
    Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe

Leave a comment:

• Stunning_in_Purple
    replied
    You refer to Daffy Duck as the Ancient Egyptian God of Frustration.

You refer to Sweedish Meatballs as Breen.

You have a serious mistrust of anyone with the last name Clark.

Leave a comment:

• jcbatz
    replied
    Okay ... to bring it back 'On-topic':

Whenever you get really drunk you sing "Show me the way to go home ... I'm tired and I wanna go to bed ... I had a little drink about and hour ago and it went right to my head ..."
    Nah, I've been doing that since Jaws.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow-Sentient
    replied
    Originally posted by phazedout
    going off-topic here,

Shadow, you're doing 16th century Irish, are you actually living in Ireland, I've just been lloking to hook up with ohter Irish B5 fans is all.
    Phaze
    on the "one of two fans in Dublin he knows" ID
    Hey Phazed ...

I'm not in Dublin ... though I was there in November of last year. I am an American of mostly Irish descent (Our predominant ancestry is O'Connor Kerry). Last year I went to Ireland to research for the novel I am writing as well as obtain more authenticity for the reenactment guild I run. Our specific history is the O'Neill rebellion 1594-1603.
    I can put you into contact with a few people in Ireland that do run historical reenactment though. I met up with Brendan McAnallen in Benburb and Hiram Morgan who lectures on that particular history at University College Cork. The later is not a reenactor but has written the best books on the subject. Brendan is most directly involved with Irish historical reenactment. I believe they are going to be doing 1594's Battle of Yellow Ford this year, if they haven't already done it.
    Email me directly and I will pass on his (and his sons) email.
    My email is My email

FuryPilot - I am familiar with the reasons behind the choice of using the rattan and duct tape. I meant no offense and did not mean to put you on the defensive. Merely stating that I prefer to use weapons that are historical reproductions of real pieces. SCA looks like fun but was one more hobby I couldn't afford to get into. Have fun in SD!

Okay ... to bring it back 'On-topic':

Whenever you get really drunk you sing "Show me the way to go home ... I'm tired and I wanna go to bed ... I had a little drink about and hour ago and it went right to my head ..."

Leave a comment:

• Towelmaster
    replied
    ...when, everytime that Alexander Siddig-guy is on tv, you think "He played in B5 didn't he?"...

Leave a comment:

• FuryPilot
    replied
    Yours sounds like SCA if you have regional Kings and Queens. I never personally got into hitting poeple with duct taped weapons ... I prefer historical authenticity but I can see why so many people enjoy it.
    Yup, SCA, Kingdom of the Outlands. I'm the Kingdom Thrown Weapons Marshal.

We use duct taped rattan for swords and such because:

1. If it splits, it turns to mush instead of splintering.
    2. All the sides are "flat" so the chance of injury is less.
    3. When you have 300 to 4000 people fighting on each side, completely blunt weapons are a good thing.

Off to South Dakota for the weekend. Cheers, all!

FP

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    going off-topic here,

Shadow, you're doing 16th century Irish, are you actually living in Ireland, I've just been lloking to hook up with ohter Irish B5 fans is all.
    Phaze
    on the "one of two fans in Dublin he knows" ID

Leave a comment:

• Shadow-Sentient
    replied
    Originally posted by FuryPilot
    Among my other hobbies, on weekends I have fun in a Middle-Ages Reinactment group. Lately I've been doing a lot of work with the current "King" and "Queen" of our region.

One recent (and now former) King, who is also a B5 fan, knew when I disagreed with him when I called him "Your Majesty" in that distinct Londo accent.
    hah! I run a reenactment group as well. We do 16th century Irish. I used to always envision G'Kar's "No dictator" speech when I was psyching the troops up before Battle Pageant. We perform with live-steel.
    Yours sounds like SCA if you have regional Kings and Queens. I never personally got into hitting poeple with duct taped weapons ... I prefer historical authenticity but I can see why so many people enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X