Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've been watching too much B5 when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You refer to Daffy Duck as the Ancient Egyptian God of Frustration.

You refer to Sweedish Meatballs as Breen.

You have a serious mistrust of anyone with the last name Clark.
    "Sector 87 by 20 by 42. At least a dozen ships have reported seeing something rather godlike in the area, and since neither you nor I were there, it must be one of the first ones." -- Marcus to Ivanova (J. Michael Straczynski)

Comment

Originally posted by Stunning_in_Purple
      You refer to Sweedish Meatballs as Breen.
      Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe
      Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

When someone asks me what the school lunch is on any given day, I always say "spoo."

They always think they get the joke, which is half the joke AFAIAC.
        I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Heh, heh..

when I "head back to the barn" everytime I come back home.

When a bad hair's day is a "londo day".
          Got a Hole in my Mind

Comment

Everytime you watch/hear anything of Pirates of the Penzance, you think of Marcus and Doctor Franklin.
            "Sector 87 by 20 by 42. At least a dozen ships have reported seeing something rather godlike in the area, and since neither you nor I were there, it must be one of the first ones." -- Marcus to Ivanova (J. Michael Straczynski)

Comment

Well, I'm a college student now, and I work part-time at a super market. I was the front-end manager (In charge of the cashiers) Saturday night and it was insanely busy due to the holiday. At one point, a couple of newer cashiers kept on telling me they needed something while I was in the middle of doing something, so I said "I'm in the middle of 15 things, all of them annoying". lol
              http://card.mygamercard.net/Wicked%20Vorlon.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow-Sentient
                You know you've been watching too much Babylon5 when...

... you wave at people you don't like with your fingers ... (thinking about a nice pike waiting for their head in the garden at the Royal Palace)
                LOLOL, yes I really do that!!! And it makes me feel sooo much better!!!

What a sad thing you are! Unable to answer even such a simple question without falling back on references and genealogies and what other people call you! Have you nothing of your own? Nothing to stand on that is not provided, defined, delineated, stamped, sanctioned, numbered and approved by others? How can you be expected to fight for someone else, when you haven't the fairest idea who you are?

"Comes The Inquisitor"

Comment

I really like using that shit-eating smile that Sheridan sported for the first several episodes of the second season, when he knew that he was there to essentialy probe everyone for Hague. Someone pisses me off, and I give them the smile and tell them something to satisfy them enough to get them out of my face.

Actually, the smile I use is a combination of Sheridan's and Morden's.
                  Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I'm really, *really* not a woman that cries easily, neither while watching movies nor in my personal life. However.... it takes a few notes of the "Dying Station" theme from 'Sleeping in Light' (I have the "Best of Babylon 5" soundtrack album)... and my eyes sting! If I even hold on to the image of the station exploding in my mind, then tears form! Heck, when I watch the whole thing together, sound and image on the DVD, then the tears do fall!

If this isn't proof that I've been watching too much B5, that it has affected me deeply, then I don't know what it is! Thank you JMS, thank you Christopher Franke!
                    What a sad thing you are! Unable to answer even such a simple question without falling back on references and genealogies and what other people call you! Have you nothing of your own? Nothing to stand on that is not provided, defined, delineated, stamped, sanctioned, numbered and approved by others? How can you be expected to fight for someone else, when you haven't the fairest idea who you are?

"Comes The Inquisitor"

Comment

When I'm sitting at work and start singing the "Hokey Pokey" and then exclaim "It Means Nothing!"

Ahhh, the looks I get....
                      You get what everyone gets. A lifetime.

Comment

...you're driving through an unfamiliar town and spot a restaurant called "Garibaldi's," and even though you're running late for something, you turn the car around, go back, park, and make sure you get a good picture of the restaurant's sign. (It was a Mexican place, by the way.)

Comment

... you stand under your parent's ceiling fan and start shouting, "I was born... warrior caste..."

Guilty.

Or when you quote Zathras on a regular basis... and whether she's kidding or not, your wife claims it turns her on.

Also guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by white_star25
                            I'm really, *really* not a woman that cries easily, neither while watching movies nor in my personal life. However.... it takes a few notes of the "Dying Station" theme from 'Sleeping in Light' (I have the "Best of Babylon 5" soundtrack album)... and my eyes sting! If I even hold on to the image of the station exploding in my mind, then tears form! Heck, when I watch the whole thing together, sound and image on the DVD, then the tears do fall!

If this isn't proof that I've been watching too much B5, that it has affected me deeply, then I don't know what it is! Thank you JMS, thank you Christopher Franke!
                            Oh, man...

First time I saw it, I didn't cry at the party scene, I didn't cry at Sheridan and Delenn's goodbye, I didn't cry at Sheridan's death...

But the station blows up, and my eyes started misting up.

My source of shame.

slainte,
                            ls

Comment

Originally posted by TR_3
                              Heh, heh..

when I "head back to the barn" everytime I come back home.
                              "Back to the barn" is a common military expression in the USN. I use it all the time. At the end of practice for my school teamsIi always tell them to go "back to the barn" rather than "hit the showers."

When I think it is time to leave I always say "let's pull chocks." No one said that in B5 because they never hired me as a military consultant.
                              I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by macanax
                                ... you stand under your parent's ceiling fan and start shouting, "I was born... warrior caste..."
                                I like that. I like that a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X