Narns based on turtles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narns based on turtles?

I just saw the Comcast commercial with the turtles called the Slowsky's. Anyway they have these talking turtles and turtle head looks just like a Narn's. The spoting and the eyes are dead give aways. Anyone know if Narns were indeed based on turtles.

Maybe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? There's the episode with G'Kar trying to quell the Narn uprising on the station after the war started with the Centauri. They did sort of resemble TMNT's swinging those sabres around

Actually, I think they were more along the lines of a marsupial, with the pouches for their young.
    Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

Originally posted by argonnj
      I just saw the Comcast commercial with the turtles called the Slowsky's. Anyway they have these talking turtles and turtle head looks just like a Narn's. The spoting and the eyes are dead give aways. Anyone know if Narns were indeed based on turtles.
      Hi argonnj, welcome. As Spoo Junky says, JMS has confirmed that Narns are marsupials despite their somewhat reptilian look. That doesn't mean that the creative team didn't draw on images of the turtles you mention when designing the look for the Narn, though.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
      X