• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger1
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar
    You forgot The Gathering.

And technically, for those folks in the UK, A Voice in the Wilderness was originally a movie ...
    I consider The Gathering as the pilot episode not as a TV movie.

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Not even close in my mind: ItB. Music, pathos, drama, and huge space battles. It ranks up there with the best of the eps. ACtA is good, would rank with the second tier of eps.

The rest would rank below average compared to the eps, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• bmp
    replied
    My ranking:
    [list=1][*]ItB
    [*]LotR
    [*]ACtA
    [*]3rdSp
    [*]RoS [/list=1]

3rdSp only on number 4 though the SFX and the soundtrack were great.
    Last edited by bmp; 03-06-2004, 06:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    I'm a big fan of the re-edited version of The Gathering, although I hope the new DVD release of it will have the original version as well. However even if it was an option I'd still have to go for In the Beginning, which was just a rather awesome experience, and twas quite cool to see all these events we had only been hearing about from afar throughout the entire series.

As for the rest... I really enjoyed A Call to Arms, and while many call it more of a Crusade pilot, I've never really agreed; it's about as much of a set up to Crusade as In the Beginning is to Babylon 5, and that's definetly *not* a pilot ;P

Thirdspace was... inconsistent. First half of it really didn't match up to the second half for me in terms of quality, and it did seem a bit hard to swallow in terms of it being part of the story overall.

River of Souls... I did not like. Had some good character stuff, but I felt the plot was a bit weak, and far too drawn out. Would have made for a neat single episode, but as a movie it was just kind of long

And the Rangers pilot... no. Simply no :P In all of B5dom, considering any of the 110 episodes, plus the 13 Crusade episodes, plus the cannon novels and short stories and finally the movies as well, it's my least favourite entity. By quite a bit.

That being said some B5 is always better then no B5

But I understand I'm not alone in that sentiment...

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    You forgot The Gathering.

And technically, for those folks in the UK, A Voice in the Wilderness was originally a movie ...

Leave a comment:

• Yet another poll..vote for your favorite B5 TV movie

In the Beginning
    69.09%
    Thirdspace
    1.82%
    River of Souls
    3.64%
    A Call to Arms
    20.00%
    The Legend of the Rangers: To Live and Die in Starlight
    1.82%
    I haven't watched one or more of the movies so i can't vote
    3.64%
    With the previous poll i had no problem,Season 4 is my favorite by far from the rest.

This one is a little bit difficult for me,i dont know which to choose In the Beginning or A Call to Arms.

But since i have to make a choice i would say In the Beginning.
    Last edited by Ranger1; 03-05-2004, 04:23 AM.
Working...
X