• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCmodeler
    replied
    Originally posted by Ranger1
    You can call TS anything you like but dull is not one of them,
    I can call Thirdspace whatever I want Ranger1. It's called "free speech" and "my opinion".

I watched Thirdspace twice, and both times I found it to be boring. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion, but nothing you say will change it. "To me Thirdspace was just another 'aliens invade/threaten destruction/we push them back'-type of story. Same-old; same-old. It's been done to death," is what I said and I'm standing by that position.

So back off. You have no right to dictate to me what I can or can not like.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    You can call TS anything you like but dull is not one of them,you can hate it for all i care,but how can you say its dull? its action packed (omg i feel like watching it again....)

Leave a comment:

• RCmodeler
    replied
    I've been watching sci-fi TV/movies a looooong time. To me Thirdspace was just another "aliens invade/threaten destruction/we push them back"-type of story. Same-old; same-old. It's been done to death.

Now if you want a REALLY good aliens story, go read "The Mote in God's Eye". Lots of cool and original ideas there. Far more interesting than Thirdspace was.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Really? Cause I've meet few people who say anything differently

First half of Thirdspace was a bit humdrum but still pretty good and rather interesting followed up by a second half that seemed a bit impossible as well as bordering on the ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    ThirdSpace was dull? this is the first time i hear this.

Leave a comment:

• RCmodeler
    replied
    Since The Gathering aired all by itself in 1993... with no connection to any series... I consider it to be a movie. (And it was advertised as such.)

If it had aired like TNG's or DS9's first movie (as part of the series in the regularly scheduled time), then I'd consider it an extra-long two-part episode.

(Same reasoning applies to A Call to Arms. It aired separately from the series, and was advertised as a movie, so I consider it to be a movie.)

EDIT: I consider In the Beginning the best. As my English professor once remarked, ITB was like a movie that Shakespeare would have written. Exactly. It's a modern version of Greek Tragedy... hubris, violence, massive death... brilliant.

The other B5 movies were entertaining, but didn't impress me much. The only one that rises to the level of "Shakespearean" was A Call to Arms because of the tragic poisoning of Earth, but unfortunately the writing and dialogue and characterization was "off" for some reason. Like JMS rushed through the script.

Thirdspace was dull. River of Souls dull. Legend of Rangers dull.

IMHO, Mr.Straczynski is not very good on the "short format" storytelling. He does a much better job with the multi-part epic stories.

Last edited by RCmodeler; 03-13-2004, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Yeah, probably not a wise idea to bring in the "ghost story" until Season 2

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Well,IMHO i think that TS and RoS are just long episodes,where in iTB and ACtA have a movie like feeling (not to mention out of this world story,drama and music),LotR just dont fit,i guess people have a hard time to let the old cast go,and the story was pretty weak.
    Last edited by Ranger1; 03-13-2004, 05:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Seems to me that most people have ITB as their favourite and ACtA as their second favourite... with LotR almost always dead last.

Maybe a better focus for this topic to start taking is why ITB and ACtA tend to be everyones top favourites and why Thirdspace, River of Souls, and Legend of the Rangers (in paticular) failed to make such a dent on most of the fanbase.

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    My ranking:

1. ItB

2. ACtA

3. 3rdSp

4. TRoS

5. LotR

Leave a comment:

• AaronB
    replied
    "In the Beginning" and a "A Call to Arms" were my favorites. I thought that ACtA was more action packed and it had Galen so it can't be bad ;-). ItB was more story focused (all IMO of course) and there are some real dead spots in it. I have not see either one in a while so I won't be able to give you examples of that.

Leave a comment:

• Green_Drazi
    replied
    "In the beginning" is my favorite.The battle of the line,the music,
    the President's speech.Wonderous!
    Also hearing Londo's confessions & regrets sheds a whole new light on him.

Leave a comment:

• ShaiAlyt
    replied
    "In the Beginning" is definately the best, hands down. And Peter David's written adaptation of it is a fun read as well.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    A Call to Arms is in the movie set because yeah, as everyone knows it isn't a pilot.

Legend of the Rangers, on the other hand, will not be in the movie set because it is a pilot. Which is quite fine by me ;P

Leave a comment:

• bmp
    replied
    Originally posted by Ranger1
    I consider The Gathering as the pilot episode not as a TV movie.
    TG *is* a pilot, but it will be featured in the B5 movie set.

Whereas ACtA is not a pilot .

It was a B5 movie, but not the pilot for 'Crusade'. The function of a pilot is to sell a series. That doesn't apply to ACtA. My guess is that ACtA will be featured in the movie set.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X