Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 CCG Starter Decks - Help!

Hi,

I played one of these CCG games about a year ago and really enjoyed it. Now I want to get my own but I don't know what the best starter box to buy is. I don't know the game that I played (I assume it was something like the premier edition + booster packs, etc.) but I see the Psi Corps Starter box for sale and wonder if I should get that.

Does it really matter which starter box I get and if it does can you tell me why? (I am a complete newbie to the gaming world and know almost next to nothing.) At this stage I would just be buying the starter box and only later buying booster packs if necessary/desired.
    Initially all the people I would be playing with would be using my decks - perhaps only later would I be playing with people who have their own (in case that matters).

Do all starter decks come with rulebooks and everything else needed to play a game? I probably need something that has everything to play included in one box.

Also, can you rely on (most/all) the on-line stores to buy such a game from? I have to buy it online because there are no gaming stores in my area (and potentially none in the country with these games) so am concerned about ordering something that never arrives.

Sorry, so many questions, but thanks so much for your help,

Sao.
    Last edited by saori; 01-16-2006, 02:35 AM.
    "Not many fishes left in the sea. Not many fishes, just Londo and me."

Hi,

which Starter Set you buy reflects in the avaliable cards. For example in the Earth Starter you get cards for playing Earth alliance, when buying the Psi Corp Starter you get cards for playing the Psi Corps. In the booster there are cards for each faction (always for the set they are made for). You can use cards from the Psi Corps Set with cards for the earth alliance (for example mixing some Psi Corps personal or conflicts, etc. into your deck).

A very good site ist this one: http://b5ccg.mahasamatman.com/
    There you get the ruleset, and all cards are listed (so if you want a card you can see which set it is included with).

You can use any Starter Box to play with, but you need two Starter boxes to play against someone (who has no starter box). Also it would be better to buy two different Starter Boxes, or the personal on both sides would be quite similar 8-)

PeAcE
    Last edited by Harrdy; 01-16-2006, 04:06 AM.
    greetings from austria, best known for its history and fine wine... feels like a wine cellar on a graveyard 8-)

Comment

OK, thanks. I think I've got a handle on it now. Just wish they were instore here as postage makes them so much more expensive to buy (doubles the price!).

Sao.
      "Not many fishes left in the sea. Not many fishes, just Londo and me."

Comment

Working...
      X