• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Bloodshot
    Confirmed User

• Bloodshot
    replied
    Ah... thanks for the link there, Montoya! I had just assumed that portions of the arc were transfered from Sinclair to Sheridan, so my bad for sure.

If I recall rightly, JMS said that the final volume of his scripts will reveal what things would've been like if O'Haire had stayed... now I really can't wait to read what he had planned!

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    Ranger Captain

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Originally posted by SLerman
    Lovers that are also ancestor/descendant would be kinda creepy if you ask me.
    Not so creepy as being the lover of your long ago great-grandfather after you've had a sex change...
    (And if one liked that stuff Heinlein has covered almost all the possibilities for transgenerational incest across space-time with the Lazarus Long stories).

About Sakai: there's at least one JMS quote saying that the scenario of her dying at Z'ha'dum and Sinclair going there is wrong.
    http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-234...#39;ha'dum
    (In general terms assuming that arcs were transferred wholesale from one character to the other tends to go wrong).

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    From a thousand years ago? I'm quite sure that's an acceptable degree of consanguinity.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• SLerman
    Confirmed User

• SLerman
    replied
    Lovers that are also ancestor/descendant would be kinda creepy if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• Bloodshot
    Confirmed User

• Bloodshot
    replied
    Originally posted by cornholio1980
    Were they? I always got the impression that Sinclair would end up with Sakai...
    Or perhaps Sakai would be the one who "died" on Z'ha'dum...

Leave a comment:

• cornholio1980
    Confirmed User

• cornholio1980
    replied
    Originally posted by therichieboy
    (they were originally going to be lovers)
    Were they? I always got the impression that Sinclair would end up with Sakai...

Leave a comment:

• therichieboy
    Confirmed User

• therichieboy
    replied
    In B2 Zathras says the guy in the suit sacrificed HIMself to let the others get on with the mission. I believe at the time of writing it was meant to be Sinclair as I imagine the character Sheridan was still a glint in JMS's mind hence the whole Delenn touching Sinclair's arm at the end (they were originally going to be lovers). In WWE Sheridan is sacrificed to the potential oblivion of being unstuck in time which probably would have been what was going to happen to Sinclair before the Sheridan character was created.THat doesn't explain why the spacesuit figure is moaning in a pretty Delennish voice. Maybe the point in having Delenn trade time stabilizers with Sheridan/Sinclair is a further exploration of her willingness to die for the one she loves.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    You seem to be assuming that it was always the same person who appeared in the blue suit in the central corridor. I don't think that's what happened at all. The only one we know for sure was that it was Delenn who came to help rescue Zathras. In fact, I think it's one of those things JMS left deliberately ambiguous, especially after reading the B Squared intro.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    Confirmed User

• grumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by therichieboy
    I'd like to check these scripts out. They'd end years of doubt. It does make sense though. I thought the reason Sinclair went flying when the spacesuited figure touched him, but not Zathras was because of the paradox of meeting himself (a la Doctor Who etc) but looking at it now I suppose it is because Delenn was unstuck in time and giving off all sorts of wierd energy ski ba doo bop.This stuff matters to me.
    Yep, I thought the same thing (like Sinclairs repel) and was sorry to see that idea go by the board, for seemingly no good reason.

Leave a comment:

• therichieboy
    Confirmed User

• therichieboy
    replied
    I'd like to check these scripts out. They'd end years of doubt. It does make sense though. I thought the reason Sinclair went flying when the spacesuited figure touched him, but not Zathras was because of the paradox of meeting himself (a la Doctor Who etc) but looking at it now I suppose it is because Delenn was unstuck in time and giving off all sorts of wierd energy ski ba doo bop.This stuff matters to me.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by grumbler
    So in the B2 script it was clear that Delenn was the one in the suit that Sinclair touched? That would satisfy me but remove a cool concept of what happens when you meet yourself.
    Nope, sorry. The editing I was referring to was in the WWE scripts, nothing to do with B Squared. It's just easier to see in the scripts/Director's cut that there's more than one person in the blue suits and that Delenn's having more than just the one time flash.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    Confirmed User

• grumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Actually, I think the confusion is in the way the two episodes were edited. In the scripts and in a director's cut tape I've got it's really much easier to see the sequence of events.

Jan
    So in the B2 script it was clear that Delenn was the one in the suit that Sinclair touched? That would satisfy me but remove a cool concept of what happens when you meet yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Actually, I think the confusion is in the way the two episodes were edited. In the scripts and in a director's cut tape I've got it's really much easier to see the sequence of events.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    Confirmed User

• grumbler
    replied
    I agree with the general idea you have put forth that Sinclair was originally the one who was supposed to be in the central corridor touched by "past Sinclair" and having that reaction.

I have never understood why JMS changed that to Delenn in WWE - that whole trading the spacesuit thing made zero sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• therichieboy
    Confirmed User

• therichieboy
    replied
    Yeah, that all sounds plausable. I always wanted to beleive it was a moment of weakness from Sinclair even though he knows all ends well. I'd want to try and set things straight if I was dissapearing for all eternity 1000 years into the past and losing all contact with my friends and loved ones- pretty daunting. I just always put 2 and 2 together -assuming that Sinclair was 'The One' in the central coridoor- and came up with 5 obviaously. Did JMS intend for viewers to think this? If so, not entirely sure why.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X